Wow- Something Really Great Happened Today!

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re: Wow- Something Really Great Happened Today!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Bye bye Dubya, and see you in The Hague, in front of the Tribunal for War Crimes :twisted:

And well... "Wow- Something Really Great Happened Today!" - need I say more than the name Obama? 8)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:11 pm

my psychotherapist agreed to let me write an article on living with autism, this article will be published on the website of her organisation which is the biggest in this capital. This is a great honour for me, and I want to make the most of this opportunity. There are articles enough to mention the clinical side of autism, what I want is to tell people that it is important to be aware of what autism really is, and most importantly the message to autistic people to believe in themselves. Too many autistic people still think in terms of "I cannot do this" or even "I am not good enough for..." and to change this is in my opinion more important than to have yet another article on the clinical aspects of the condition.

I hope the person that will translate my article will capture the message well, I sort of dislike not having full control of my writings but guess the language barrier must be taken into consideration. Luckily the translater has a form of autism himself, so I am confident he has no reason to adapt my writing in any way.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:15 am

Freaking awesome, CP! I wish I could read it!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:26 am

for no particular reason, i'm stupidly happy with life.

-next week i start the adult education class on Carl Jung; six weeks of meeting once per week...all to digest one of my favourites!
-the college Dean has selected me as a member of a key council on campus; and surrounded by some of my most competent peers, it's challenging (at the moment) to keep from jumping into the lead.
-Obama is in office
-poems keep pouring out...it's crazy :lol: in fact, quite silly.
-water is a good thing

in the end, it is not about me at all, it is about how you are able to read this, get an idea or two, and how insanely

complicated
rare
beautiful
and profoundly remarkable that is.

sorry to be all crazy and such, but being alive rocks.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat May 16, 2009 12:41 am

On Monday I turned in my Performance Assessment for California Teachers to the state and today I took an 85 question test that is theoretically hard, but I finished confidently in 15 minutes! I thought it was so easy! Oh, and I applied for some really awesome scholarships- keep your fingers crossed for meee!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:35 pm

i'm getting a 3-month temp job in finance and i'll probably be starting on tuesday. things are starting to look up! :)
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Wonderful to hear! Congratulations! :)
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:37 am

helmoz wrote:i'm getting a 3-month temp job in finance and i'll probably be starting on tuesday. things are starting to look up! :)

Yay! Congrats! I am applying for jobs right now too, wish me luck!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:02 am

Very belated, but I spent 2 weeks of the summer in Fiji to celebrate graduating twice and having a birthday with my sister. It was great :)
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:02 pm

The underwriter approved the loan for the condo I'm buying, so everything is on track for a September 30th closing! :D
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:56 am

Boxguy wrote:The underwriter approved the loan for the condo I'm buying, so everything is on track for a September 30th closing! :D

Yay! Congratulations! Are you excited? Geez, I cannot imagine owning a place at this age, you have guts. I can't wait to see it...now to make some money to visit!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Hopefully you'll have a chance to visit in the not too distant future, along with visiting that one guy 90 miles to the east of me. :)
The formal clear-to-close came in today, and the closing date has moved up to next Monday! It's crazy how fast things are happening in the process now.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:45 am

Look at you, all grown up! Either way you are coming out here in 2011 for a certain important day to me :-P Be there or be lame-o! I am trying to find a job that pays well enough for me to have money to a) pay rent and b) travel. No luck yet, but I am trying. Pictures of the new place!

On an unrelated note-- Morrissey is coming here in December-- I will do whatever it takes to get those tickets and then be walking on cloud 9 the whole time if I do :)
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:28 pm

it's not exactly something that happened today, but i just really feel like telling you all about my amazing brilliant boyfriend dean, who i've been going out with for just over 8 months but i feel like i've known him all my life (i hope that doesnt sound like some sort of yukky cliche). he's kind, supportive, funny, generous, selfless, affectionate, tolerant, calm, hard-working, polite, smart, understanding, sensitive, cuddly, loving and good-looking, he's a great listener and a loyal friend, and he likes my kind of music and clothes - a real rarity in our town! he is everything i could ever need in a man and i want to show him off to all my mates because i feel so lucky to have him :D oh and i think hes going to take me to see morrissey for my birthday :mrgreen:
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:01 am

helmoz wrote:it's not exactly something that happened today, but i just really feel like telling you all about my amazing brilliant boyfriend dean, who i've been going out with for just over 8 months but i feel like i've known him all my life (i hope that doesnt sound like some sort of yukky cliche). he's kind, supportive, funny, generous, selfless, affectionate, tolerant, calm, hard-working, polite, smart, understanding, sensitive, cuddly, loving and good-looking, he's a great listener and a loyal friend, and he likes my kind of music and clothes - a real rarity in our town! he is everything i could ever need in a man and i want to show him off to all my mates because i feel so lucky to have him :D oh and i think hes going to take me to see morrissey for my birthday :mrgreen:

Good catch! Don't let that one go! I am really happy for you :) love is great and it is AMAZING to be in it :). See? Morrissey fans are happy :-P!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat