Wow- Something Really Great Happened Today!

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:25 pm

WordsAsOldAsSin wrote:i dont know if this can be seen are "amazing" but it was pretty good for me.
i had to give something to people who i hadnt talked to for ages becuase of the end of a friendship , i expected talking today would be extremely awkward but it wasnt! everyone was civil and understanding :o
this obviously deserves to be in this topic :P

I love it when things aren't nearly as akward as you are expecting them to be :)
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:21 am

My first quarter at UCSC I had to buy 26 books to read in 10 weeks. I am now a Junior and I only need to buy 8, isn't that excellent???
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:23 am

It sure is. :)
I hope all 8 are great ;)

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> i dont know if this can be seen are "amazing" but it was pretty good for me.
i had to give something to people who i hadnt talked to for ages becuase of the end of a friendship , i expected talking today would be extremely awkward but it wasnt! everyone was civil and understanding ohmy.gif
this obviously deserves to be in this topic tongue.gif<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And this is actually very cool, :) , relief is always a good thing. :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:03 am

Not an amazing feat, and minor compared to some of the other stories shared here, but today I successfully upgraded a video card on the kids' computer. It made their day--they were so bummed that a game they recently got didn't work. Hm, maybe I'll be bold enough to add some more memory/ram to their computer as well! There was a time I wouldn't touch the guts of a computer.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:11 am

Still Ill wrote:Not an amazing feat, and minor compared to some of the other stories shared here, but today I successfully upgraded a video card on the kids' computer. It made their day--they were so bummed that a game they recently got didn't work. Hm, maybe I'll be bold enough to add some more memory/ram to their computer as well! There was a time I wouldn't touch the guts of a computer.

Yay!!! Go you!! Hehe, if my mother ever tried to upgrade a computer I think I would end up crying laughing at the pile of decesased computer that she had created :P :P :P
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:27 pm

*raises hand*
:D
does it count if it happens tomorrow?
if so: i get to read poetry at a nearby uni tomorrow evening.
if not: you did not read this
*does jedi mind-trick wave*
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:36 am

...and the poetry reading went extremely well, I thought. Thanks for the great time chicken, I immensely enjoyed it!

As Donkey may say, "Let's do that again!"

:D :D :D
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:24 pm

Awesome guys! I was in the #1 slam team in my league for a year and I really loved it- I know how fun it can be. Stick with it!

Hehe, last night I secured myself something awesome: Light Board Op on one show, Assistant Lighting Designer on the next, and light hang crew on 3 other shows. Awesome, huh? Hehe-- I finally get to learn in a hands on way again!!! :D
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:36 pm

Pashernate_Lover wrote:Awesome guys! I was in the #1 slam team in my league for a year and I really loved it- I know how fun it can be. Stick with it!

Hehe, last night I secured myself something awesome: Light Board Op on one show, Assistant Lighting Designer on the next, and light hang crew on 3 other shows. Awesome, huh? Hehe-- I finally get to learn in a hands on way again!!! :D

thanks, it was fun. the mix of students there was greater that i expected. as it was their first meeting of the term, i didn't want to take up too much time. there was a young fellow from Africa whose use of the English language intrigued me to no end. i love that kind of stuff.

light crews, eh? coolness. i remember when one of my brothers was getting his MFA in theatre design, great stories. and eventually we were both in college at the same time, so i went to a few of his parties and ...well.... let me just say that thespians are quite the colorful lot. :D
good for you pashy!
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:44 am

chicken wrote:...well.... let me just say that thespians are quite the colorful lot. :D
good for you pashy!

Hehe, yeah we are!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:43 pm

I have my first rugby game in quite a while today! Whoohoo!!! :D
It's a friendly with Wichita this afternoon, and I'm psyched!
If i'm not too sore afterwards I'll let you know how it went.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby helmoz » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:19 pm

i got back to exeter today, and my new accommodation and flatmates are really nice!
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:09 pm

Boxguy wrote:I have my first rugby game in quite a while today! Whoohoo!!! :D

Well now that I'm somewhat recovered I can say that the friendly went very well for the type of players that we have. The club here as struggled since our coach left a couple years ago, and it seems that every season half of our players are rookies. So naturally we got our arses kicked at some-insanely-high-score to nil. Being a wing its pretty frustrating to have the rest of the back line being rookies. The typical situation with rookie backs is that I'm facing the opposing team's entire back line by myself or with one other person. Nevertheless I got in a couple of good wrap tackles against opposing ball carriers and had a couple of runs with the ball myself.

Afterwards was quite exciting. The three players who scored the tries on Wichita's side Zulued, that is ran nude across the field. However, the rules of this Zulu was to run to a small play area nearby, make one complete revolution on the carousel there, and run back. I have to say it's quite humourous to see three buck naked men on a carousel spinning as fast as possible. :lol:

Other than a bruised foot, a bruised and swollen finger, and being generally sore, I'm quite alright and happy. :)
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Grim O'Grady » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:42 am

it's good to see that rugby players the world over are as daft as ever! Remember BG it's not the winning but the taking part & watching the winning tryists running about naked that matters hee-hee.

Boxguy wrote:<!--quoteo(post=34366:date=Sep 30 2006, 10:43 AM:name=Boxguy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boxguy @ Sep 30 2006, 10:43 AM) [snapback]34366[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I have my first rugby game in quite a while today! Whoohoo!!! :D

Well now that I'm somewhat recovered I can say that the friendly went very well for the type of players that we have. The club here as struggled since our coach left a couple years ago, and it seems that every season half of our players are rookies. So naturally we got our arses kicked at some-insanely-high-score to nil. Being a wing its pretty frustrating to have the rest of the back line being rookies. The typical situation with rookie backs is that I'm facing the opposing team's entire back line by myself or with one other person. Nevertheless I got in a couple of good wrap tackles against opposing ball carriers and had a couple of runs with the ball myself.

Afterwards was quite exciting. The three players who scored the tries on Wichita's side Zulued, that is ran nude across the field. However, the rules of this Zulu was to run to a small play area nearby, make one complete revolution on the carousel there, and run back. I have to say it's quite humourous to see three buck naked men on a carousel spinning as fast as possible. :lol:

Other than a bruised foot, a bruised and swollen finger, and being generally sore, I'm quite alright and happy. :)
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:37 pm

yesterday the uni had an in-service/workshop on using storytelling in our classes. during the lunch break, one of the students from Kazakhstan graciously agreed to treat us to music played on her dombra. it was a smashing success!! i was SO proud of her and how she captivated the audience, the accuracy of her playing, and the echoing silence of the audience. i stood off to the side, my eyes all teared up, and doing everything humanly possible to refrain from dancing about maniacally.

it was SUCH a treat!!! :D
chicken
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat