[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Main Forum Pic

Main Forum Pic

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby elko » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:15 pm

Ok, seeing as the forum pic (at the top of the screen) is a bit shoddy, anyone is welcome to try and design a new one. I wouldn't call it a competition exactly (mainly cause there's no prize), but I'm interested to see what anyone can come up with. I'll be having a go as well, so why not try something? You don't need flashy software, the current one was made on Paint <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->mainly cause there's no prize<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
What about the feeling of satisfaction you get from seeing your glorious work of art every time you log on?! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

Anyway, yeah, I'll give it a go. What kinda size should it be?
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:38 pm

No exact size as I can resize easily, but it should be the same shape, but a little longer (ideally so I don't have to muck around to make those blue bits at the side disappear.

EDIT - although you can use Paint, I have recently discovered that Photoshop is great for this sort of thing...

Stuff I made within a day of getting photoshop (mostly football related)...

elko
Last edited by elko on Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby elko » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:24 pm

Hmm, just a rough one...not 100% happy with it but it certainly looks more professional. The actual pic isn't as good though. Can anyone find the current banner pic? I'll just add a better font or something.
Anyway here it is...

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:38 am

You dare mess with my favorite picture <!--emo&<_<-->Image<!--endemo--> . I'll try my hand with some different fonts. Anything to save the current banner! I just like the color and contrast. The picture you played around with is nice too, I have to admit-- grainy, in keeping with their style. A better picture of them, even if Johnny does look a bit like Ian McCulloch! (I sent you a picture of the current banner, too)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby girl_afraid » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:20 pm

Hmm, well I just had a go (using a REALLY cool picture, the one from the inside of Meat Is Murder), but I realised I am completely incompetent at using either Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> But I was thinking, and really the font should be the Morrissey one (downloadable <a href='http://www.oz.net/~moz/misc.htm' target='_blank'>here</a>)!
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:32 am

Well, at the very least I would like to correct the size so it doesn't show those blue marks on the right.
elko
Site Admin

Return to General Chat