What is your favourite country or country of your dreams?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:50 am

I am a bit bored and still way too awake, so... another useless but somehow pleasant poll. Sound off. Regardless if you've been in the place or not (country of dreams can be one you've visited and fell in love with, or one that fascinates you and became a travelling dream)

for me, it's an easy one. Ever since I was an infant and took a first look at the globe, Norway is my big love geography-wise. Vibrant cities, darkness for months, beautiful mountains, a long coast with lot of islands, beautiful fjords, amazing woods,... the place has it all. Would love to move there, but employment is very hard to find without perfect Norwegian...

At second place I'd put Iceland, followed by Greenland. Arctic obsessive all the way I am.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:03 am

If you like them then you should read Ibsen plays and look at Edvard Munch's paintings. Ibsen attributes a lot of the darkness and rot in his plays to come from living in Norway and how dark and secluded he felt. Funny enough, when I was in a class discussing this very topic I related the core his shows to being like The Scream, little did I know they hailed from the same place. Small world, eh?

My dream place has to be Italy because Commedia Dell'Arte comes from there and Cinque Terre is just about the most breath taking place on earth Image
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:33 am

Pashernate_Lover wrote:Image

Wow, that place is incredible!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby WordsAsOldAsSin » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:51 am

i have two for different reasons:

1. Egypt, because its where i originally came from and it is without a doubt the most beautiful country I have ever had the honour of being in, im not being biased, it really is amazing, you have to go there to understand what I mean :)

2.Next on the list is Japan, I love everything about this country (well…not so much the food actually!) but it is a wonderful country full of kind happy people and id like to stay there for a while, not long, maybe a few months? But it would be so cool to live there! :D

Last edited by WordsAsOldAsSin on Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love is Natural and Real
But not for such as you and I, my love
WordsAsOldAsSin
Supreme

Postby uncle_monty » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:34 am

The second and third Norway pictures and the Cinque Terre picture are truly breathtaking. I love them.
uncle_monty

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:12 am

I've never been to Italy but it must be awesome. The prettiest town I've been to I think is Vienna. I've had a great time there.
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:57 pm

Alex wrote:I've never been to Italy but it must be awesome. The prettiest town I've been to I think is Vienna. I've had a great time there.

It is, trust me. Stunningly beautiful cities.

I haven't been in Vienna yet, but visited Salzburg a few times and absolutely adore it.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:22 pm

I don't know about countries that I don't live in, but I've noticed that Prague seems to have more than it's fair share of beautiful buildings, so I will say Czech Republic just because I really want to visit that city and see the architecture. Aside from that, I'm fine with England and Wales.
elko
Site Admin

Postby kurt » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:46 pm

Sorry for mentioning my age YET AGAIN but i am only 14, so i may change my mind in the future!

But the place i would love to move to right now, would be either California (if its a country!?) Well America then :P
Or it could be the Capital of Japan, Tokyo, I just love the environment there, looks like a fanctastic place in Japan!

Well, thanks for reading!
<div align="left"><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->Everything you say to me takes me One step closer to the edge</div>

<div align="right">and I'm about to break<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
kurt
Supreme

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:14 pm

Even more than before: NORWAY. Just returned from Oslo, and highly impressed, one of the best cities I've ever been in. Every time I visit Scandinavia I see different places, and they're all impressive. What a beautiful country... heaven up there.

A country which also fascinates me a lot, is Turkey. This is Istanbul, having 20000000 inhabitants in one single city (almost as much as Canada!) and the city is as big as the average county in England...

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Re: What is your favourite country or country of your dreams

Postby HeavenKnowsImMozzerable » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:44 pm

#1 the UK, amazing countryside, great cities and the various music scenes all excite me!
#2 Switzerland, I've been to Zurich about 6 times and I never get bored of that city
#3 Australia. Never been there but I'd love to.
I wanna go home... I don't want to stay... give up life as a BAD MISTAKE...

Life is good; and I feel great. 'Cause mother says I was a great mistake.
HeavenKnowsImMozzerable
Regular

Return to General Chat