Those who have left us...

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:38 pm

I notice that a few of the very active members from when I first joined this forum, haven't been online for quite a while. I'm thinking of Shakespears Sister, Rodchenko, Domestique, Atomium, ..... I'm sure there's more of them that I am shamefully forgetting to name by heart.

Does anyone know what happened to them and why they left the forum or why they only infrequently visit anymore?
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:28 pm

...and Grim O'Grady.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:12 pm

what happened to reedy?

and pete doesn't seem to post much anymore

nice to see the return of Mozzerella et al though :)
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:19 pm

i think grim is on holiday, touring europe, following mozzer...
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:28 pm

True enough CP, there are dozens of loved and lost members here, though hopefully not lost forever.

I myself have posted pretty infrequently recently, for which I can only apologise.....or perhaps it's a good thing, given my fantastic incoherance of late.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:25 pm

I delibaretely didn't mention Grim because
A.) we know why he left
B.) I (and several others here I've spoken with) expect he will be back in a relatively short time. We hope he will anyway.

I was in touch with Shakespears Sister and Rodchenko for a while, we PM'ed and emailed a lot. Lately I heard nothing anymore from them, and not knowing why suddenly no responses come is worrying a bit. I just hope they're allright and that there's nothing too serious/problematic going on...
Last edited by Cracked Pleasures on Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:49 pm

This is actually a nice little way to think of those who aren't here much lately. Ever wonder if your absence is ever missed by anyone?

Here's hoping for their return.

Also several members here are members of http://www.last.fm. CP I'm guessing you're not a member? (And chicken too, come to think of it. Who else reading this?) We have a thread here on it. I regularly throw some hellos out there to fellow Strangewaysians when I'm not on here.

Hello CP! :)
Last edited by Still Ill on Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:54 pm

How does last.fm/last.co.uk work?

I went through old emails of mine and I read now Rodchenko's internet collection is the problem there, he is fine but just struggling to get online. But he'll be back when the technical problems are gone.

Still wonder about Jess though. I was quite close with her, she was one of the nicest and, dare I say, most fascinating persons I talked to during the last years. I'm still very worried about her, can only hope she's okay.

And yes, Grim.... I hope he realises that 'argument' in the censorship thread was nothing person but just a regular mature debate. Can't help feeling a bit guilty over his absence, even though I do stand by my opinion on the matter. I would regret it though if it'd keep him away, would feel a tiny bit guilty about it.
Last edited by Cracked Pleasures on Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:10 pm

So everything I posted just got lost. I keep getting booted off the net. :angry:

Last.fm tracks and charts music you play either on the computer, or updated through your ipod. It's a an artist popularity chart, ultimately. But I've found it a great way to seek out new music and there's some fun groups out there. (Do we need yet another forum to belong to?!!!!!)

I have an idea what your charts would look like. You should join, being the musical afficionado that you are. :D

(I'm having a hard time linking the thread on last.fm onto here. It's under the music thread.)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:30 pm

reclamation, Girl afraid (emily, there are so many girl afraids, I mean the orginal one) tallalahrus, (sp?) and Noonan mccane

I liked Reclamation.
Last edited by Alabaster Crashes Down on Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:56 pm

noonan...
miss his wit and mind.

then again, people come and go in many ways.
just glad to know who i can :D
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:11 am

Cracked Pleasures wrote:And yes, Grim.... I hope he realises that 'argument' in the censorship thread was nothing person but just a regular mature debate. Can't help feeling a bit guilty over his absence, even though I do stand by my opinion on the matter. I would regret it though if it'd keep him away, would feel a tiny bit guilty about it.

Admittedly, I still find the joke funny. And the whole thing around it that happened was so rediculous, I find that funny too. I like Grim (or should I say I liked him, not that I hate him now or owt).
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:05 pm

That joke just isn't funny anymore, oh I mean: yes, I agree, the joke is still funny :D

Anyway, I sent a new years wish to some of us who left, I hope they'll read it and re-join us someday soon.

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:58 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:I notice that a few of the very active members from when I first joined this forum, haven't been online for quite a while. I'm thinking of Shakespears Sister, Rodchenko, Domestique, Atomium, ..... I'm sure there's more of them that I am shamefully forgetting to name by heart.

Does anyone know what happened to them and why they left the forum or why they only infrequently visit anymore?

I'm alive and well and living in Cloud Cuckoo Land...

Seriously CP, thanks for thinking of me.

These days I keep in touch with quite a few people from here over at Last FM. Come and join us. Or at least take a look... :)
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:02 pm

Alabaster Crashes Down wrote:reclamation, Girl afraid (emily, there are so many girl afraids, I mean the orginal one) tallalahrus, (sp?) and Noonan mccane

I liked Reclamation.

they were really cool posters, I am very sorry they left as well :(

but so it happens, I know.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to General Chat