what would you change your name to?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:37 am

Cracked Pleasures wrote:I also had a guy named Mr Horniman on the phone once :P

:lol: That really is a good one.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby yandee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:40 am

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Which parent with a bit of a brain would name his son Hitler?! :huh:

There are "lots" of people called Hitler around here, because it used to be a common name. I think the neighbour of some fellow is even called Adolf Hitler.

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:02 pm

yandee wrote:<!--quoteo(post=42073:date=Aug 6 2007, 07:26 PM:name=Cracked Pleasures)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cracked Pleasures @ Aug 6 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]42073[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Which parent with a bit of a brain would name his son Hitler?! :huh:

There are "lots" of people called Hitler around here, because it used to be a common name. I think the neighbour of some fellow is even called Adolf Hitler.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Poor guy. Imagine the abuse he must be getting everywhere, not to mention problems during job applications and such.

I once had a guy named S. Hussain on the phone as well. The guy disconneted the call himself. So I can now say I spoke with S. Hussain until he hung up :D
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:45 pm

I had a classmate with the name of Brian Penas.
professors stumbled over that time and time again, often with great hilarity.

I've been thinking and come to the conclusion that I'd rather fancy the name Jasper.
it just sounds fun, imagine being that guy!!

(TC: great list of names)
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:11 am

Art Donovan McCullers B)
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Re: what would you change your name to?

Postby Truman Capote » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:31 am

More extravagant names, this time from Argentina: :P
Daddy loves football, he admires Diego Maradona... But it was a girl, so he can't name her Diego, that's a male name, it would be absolutelly ridiculous. The solution: Mara Dona Puch Lopez.
There's also a Maikel (Michael), a Shakira, a girl named Brindis (toast) and Chevy, Bono and more.

Peru
In Peru there aren't any regulations about names, so you can name your son Vagino and it will be Vagino. There's a peruvian Marx Lenin and a girl named Madeinusa.

And now... these are hardcore:
From Venezuela: Yesaidú (Yes I do), Usnavy (US Navy), Superman, Maikel Jackson, Makgiber (remember?), Guarisdá (What is that) and Lexotanil.

*Bonus from Republica Dominicana: Peligroso Suero Noboa (Dangerous Serum Noboa), Bonita Cuevas Cuevas (they named their daughter 'Pretty', that's silly but cute. But the double 'Cuevas' makes me think about some sort of brother-sister marriage), Seno Jimenez Sanchez (Breast Jimenez Sanchez), Ernesto Che Perez, Rambo Peralta, Barney Francfortfrancis Samuel, Gandalf Ferreira, Chicle Faustino Faesta Fostan (Chewing-gum Faustino bla bla bla), Doctor Aquino Aquino (double lastname again, God!), Toshiba Gomez Peralta.

Reporting from America's Underground,

-Baby Monterrosso
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to General Chat