Strangeways promotions

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Strangeways promotions

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:46 am

There may be a topic on this already somewhere but scrolling down quite a bit I did not see one, thus... Moderators, feel free to merge if this topic did already exist indeed somewhere, I could not find any.

I only recently gotten into using Facebook after I had already used MySpace for a longer time (well, used... only the blogging and profile part, not so much the forum part) and I noticed on Facebook there are a few Smiths discussion groups and fanpages you can subscribe to. Each of them has a sort of public messaging system.

This is all great but it does not beat a real cosy forum dedicated entirely to the Smiths, and I am sure many people feel that way. So I figured, given the popularity of these networking/profile sites, that this is maybe a good place to fish for some extra Strangewaysians? I think it may be a good place because quality is more important than quantity, better to have a smaller number of really members than a large melting pot where half of them is not contributing a lot. Most of these fan groups on those profile sites tend to have a large number of members but the posts are generally only read by a minority who are really serious fans and did not sign up in an impulsive moment. On Facebook there is a "All hail Steven Morrissey and the Smiths" group with a relatively good number of members ...
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Re: Strangeways promotions

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:54 am

I say go for it, but then again I am worried about messing up the delicate balance we have on here, so I say do it gently, choose Smiths groups well- I believe in your choices.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Return to General Chat