THE HAILING FREQUENCY

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re: THE HAILING FREQUENCY

Postby Boxguy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:28 am

A bit belated "Happy Thanksgiving" to our fellow members in the States. Hope you all enjoyed/are enjoying the time with your families. :)
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone that celebrates it! And happy belated Hanukkah for the ones that celebrate that :).
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:37 am

Same here. Happy Christmas, חנוכה שמח, and Joyous Kwanzaa to all Strangewaysians, wherever you may be.

(I hope I got that Hebrew right. :) )
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Boxguy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:58 am

This may seem a strange question to ask, but I've always been somewhat curious. What does everyone think of Kansas? What first comes to mind? What stereotypes are there in the rest of the US, the EU, and elsewhere in the world? Does everyone see Kansas as a place of backward hicks that should be nuked to oblivion? A place where the only recognized church is the Westboro Baptist Church? A somewhat magical place based on the "fairy tale" that involves Dorothy? (When I was in Russia 10 years ago I found that most Russians know of Kansas through the Wizard of Oz, which is told there as a fairy tale.)

Being from Kansas I would be interested to know what others think.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:24 am

When I think of Kansas, at the moment, I think of Scott Roeder and his fans. I think of farming. I think of Republicans. Thats about it, though.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:23 am

How is everyone (who still knows of our existence)?

I'm doing okay. It's been a trying winter and spring personally, but I'm okay.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby helmoz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:30 pm

i think that for a lot of us, the wonderful wizard of oz is what kansas is most famous for :D
other than that, i'd associate it with a lot of farming and flat land (i dont know why but i imagine it having very flat geography!).
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:01 am

This morning I went to one of the roughest funerals I've ever attended. My adopted brothers' godparents' daughter passed away last Saturday from a sudden heart attack. It was a shock to all who knew her, since she had no prior health problems. She left behind an eight year old daughter and (I believe) four year old son. I went with the rest of my family in support of her family; I never met her, but I know her parents somewhat.

I knew it would be unlike other funerals I've been to, since all others were for those who lived long and full lives. But I wasn't prepared for what the actual experience. Her daughter completely fell apart during the processional of the casket, bawling repeatedly "Mommy!" and "I can't do this!" as her father, who was also in complete tears, helped her out. Those who spoke during the service broke down momentarily as well, and during the recessional the entire family looked to be a wreck, especially her parents.

Seeing all that was extremely difficult and extremely moving. I'm still a good bit unsettled by it.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Boxguy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Happy Christmas to all Strangewaysians this year, wherever you may be or what your station in life is. May peace be upon you all.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat