THE HAILING FREQUENCY

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re: THE HAILING FREQUENCY

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:15 am

Not all that surprisingly, I wake up early and go to teach lightheaded and dizzy. That famous old work ethic just won't give it a rest...even if I use a days worth of energy in a 90 minute class then go home and have just enough energy to stare at the ceiling. On the sweet side, my boyfriend gave me his 4 year old laptop so now I can be on the computer *and* in bed- oh what a world!!

I feel really supported, the other English teachers have made me soup and brought me fruit and flowers and cards- they all miss me in those grad school seminars, apparently they are a lot quieter without me since I can't possibly go back until Monday and they actually get everything done. Imagine that :-P.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm taking out for Ireland tomorrow morning!
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:56 am

Boxguy wrote:I'm taking out for Ireland tomorrow morning!

Yay! What all are you doing over there?
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:54 am

SO Boxguy, spill the beans how is/was it?? What did you do? Info please! Sounds awesome!

I am in a current inner debate (if I were Hamlet I would give a soliloquy on this :-P) I have found a potentially awesome job in Shanghai that pays a bit less than twice what it does here, but I don't know if I am going to apply or not! I am overqualified and everything, but I don't know! Eek! Thoughts??
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:16 am

Taking a week off to start my eventually-100-page paper-- see you guys when I get back!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:06 pm

Pashernate_Lover wrote:SO Boxguy, spill the beans how is/was it?? What did you do? Info please! Sounds awesome!

It was absolutely wonderful! I didn't want to leave!

The group I was with started out in Dublin and headed around the island more or less in a circle, visiting Cork, Galway, Derry, Belfast, and places in between. The sites we visited included Newgrange, the Book of Kells, Glendalough, the Rock of Cashel, Cobh, Blarney Castle, the Cliffs of Mohr, a number of tombs and burial sites (during which we hooked up with a group of archeology and anthropology students from Cambridge), Yeats' grave, the Bloody Sunday area/Bogside (my favorite site), the Giant's Causeway, Armagh, and Carrickfergus. In addition I, occasionally with one or two others, did a bit of wandering around, taking a gander at a few of the murals around Belfast and Derry, eating some damn good sushi at the first (and one of only two I believe) sushi place in Derry, dancing in celebration with others in a Belfast pub after watching Ireland win the Six Nations, and checking out a few places in Belfast highly recommended to me by CP (I did ask the lady in Bookfinders about poetry readings CP, and unfortunately the next poetry readings weren't until the end of the month :().

I definitely plan on going back in the near future, likely to do some backpacking around the island. I'd like to visit a number of places that we didn't get to head to, including the Dingle Peninsula and some of the Gaeltacht areas (I'd love to hear Gaeilge spoken in everyday conversation).

Pictures will be forthcoming once I get a chance to post them (things have been rather busy around here lately).

Pashernate_Lover wrote:I am in a current inner debate (if I were Hamlet I would give a soliloquy on this :-P) I have found a potentially awesome job in Shanghai that pays a bit less than twice what it does here, but I don't know if I am going to apply or not! I am overqualified and everything, but I don't know! Eek! Thoughts??

I would say to go for it! It would be a wonderful opportunity for you. The uni here has partnerships with a number of schools in China, and the students and faculty that have spent time instructing or taking classes in China have all said positive things about their experiences. Plus there will probably be a certain sysadmin from this uni shuffling around those parts around a year or so from now to mess around with some server hardware that he looks after at a couple of unis there. ;)
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:13 am

That would be so cool! I am at that fork in the road where I found some districts that want to hire me for $10,000 less than I would be getting in Shanghai and then I wouldn't have to leave my boy for so far away, but then again I would be stuck here and continually introduced as the girl that used to be in the wheelchair, which has driven me up the wall angry because I think there has been more to my life than that. I want to rediscover that passion for life and sheer curiosity that I used to live day in and day out by, that drove me to try any and everything that I was morally okay with just for the excitement. If it still exists it is hiding out in the world, and the only way I can find it is to go look for it but I don' t want to have to spend a year without a single kiss goodnight and there is no way I can lose my boy- you know? I am going to apply, but I am worried about if I do/don't get the job... oh decisions! So fun to make :-P
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:38 am

I never get a single kiss goodnight. But I don't know if I would like to go to Shanghai. OK, that didn't help... :P But I love you.

:P
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:37 pm

Yeesh, that's sure a tough spot...would there be any way that your boyfriend could head over there with you? Or is that not feasible?
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:44 am

Boxguy wrote:Yeesh, that's sure a tough spot...would there be any way that your boyfriend could head over there with you? Or is that not feasible?

He wants to, but he is still in college and won't put a ring on my finger until he graduates, so I can't live with him taking time off like that :-P
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:08 pm

Hello, friends!

I had two of the most exhausting months in my life. I was literally burried under tons of work and cannot even realize so much time has passed!

I just realized though how much I miss you.
How are you?

Hope fine... Sending you many hugs!

ruby
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun May 10, 2009 8:09 am

Star Trek= best date movie ever.

I hope everyone had a great week!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Mon May 11, 2009 8:39 pm

It likely passed without notice, but five days ago this lovely forum of ours turned five years old!
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 am

Boxguy wrote:It likely passed without notice, but five days ago this lovely forum of ours turned five years old!

funny you should mention that

through a long series of events, i recently encountered the Theory of Positive Disintegration. Here's a wiki on it. having carved out an odd corner in this community (like virtually everyone else), I'm of the opinion this theory applies to virtually all of us (since we have selected ourselves into this odd sample of humanity--as only Smiths fans can do).
check it out....I promise you will find something of a "mirror" there!!
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu May 14, 2009 12:16 am

I guess that means this August I will have been on here, with this as my home page, for 5 years... geez. Long time.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat