Anyone wanting a EU passport?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Anyone wanting a EU passport?

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:16 am

Anyone wanting a free EU passport, giving you access to all EU countries, freedom of movement and working in Europe ... ?? You can have mine for free, because I am sick and tired of the racism and bigotry here.

Summary of events happening in less than a week time:

- government in my native Belgium has fallen, and obviously people are now already calling for new elections and to vote for the far right wing party. This party is homophobe, islamophobe, xenophobic in general. The founders included one guy admiring Hitler. If the government's resignation is accepted by the King, we may be heading for a fascist government.

- the new Miss Belgium (who is a beautiful girl by the way but I generally like Middle Eastern types :) ) is a Turkish girl who moved to Belgium a while ago and has dual nationality. People reacted furious to her election, stating she is not a real Belgian, that she is symbol of how (islamic) immigrants are taking over, and other bullshit. One guy called her a "kebab chick", meanwhile ridiculising himself by stating she speaks Arabic better than Dutch (note: she is Turkish so she speaks Turkish obviously, not Arabic - this shows the intelligence level of those racists)

- today I visited the mosque here in my adopted home town, as I generally love Middle Eastern culture and architecture and so wanted to visit the mosque and chat a bit with the people inside. It took me over 1.5 hour before someone could point me in the right direction. When asking around to locals I made sure they would know what I was talking about, using both the Czech words for "mosque", "muslim" and "islam". Several locals did not know where the mosque was, but more worrying is that some just ignored me without answering and looking with obvious disapproval when I used the word "muslim" or "islam" ...

I am sick and tired of this racist hole that Europe is becoming. If anyone here wants the EU passport with free access into the European labour market, you can have it and I will happily adopt your passport instead and make it a swap. That is, unless your country is going as racist as Europe is. I feel angry and ashamed of being European sometimes - when is this crusade against Islam finally going to stop? :| And yes I know the US is probably not free of racism neither, but at least you guys had the guts to stand up against it when the elections came. In Europe we will just further shift to the right wing *sigh*
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Re: Anyone wanting a EU passport?

Postby chicken » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:15 am

Oh deary me...

Gerrit, my friend...despair is exactly what the "negatives" want. Please don't go in that direction!

I sit here listening to east-asian music...yet again...and marvel and the wonders you have seen and eaten and talked to and such. Your globe-trotting is something I've secretly admired for a while now. Is it no wonder that while one force gets stronger the opposite does as well? I tell you, as a Jungian psychologist, I would offer this as a proof. If you want to go the physics route, then we're talking Newtonian things...if you want to take the psych route, then I'll say "what you resist will persist." And what is to avail of you leaving your station? I'll tell you what: an empty station.

But to be fair, if someone wants to take Gerrit up on his offer, please do so by all means.

I just think CP knows what he is facing, and will continually do what he thinks is right...and as such, he should remain where he is to keep doing what is right and true.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Re: Anyone wanting a EU passport?

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:51 pm

Well, dont take the opening post too literally of course (although I do wish to leave Europe for a while in the not very distant future, but that has more to do with the general travel desire than with the uncomfortable feeling about European politics). My opening post was metaphorically expressing a very big dissatisfaction with the European flirt with far right politics, which is spreading like a virus across the continent.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Return to General Chat