The vanity topic

Anything you wanna say, say it!

The vanity topic

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:16 pm

A question for you lot, especially those who like to experiment with fashion, hairdressing and such. I for a long while already wished to have my hair straightened and grown until below shoulder length. Now the saloon has this product called X-tenzo which straightens your hair for about a month. It allows to swim, shower as much as you want, your hair will remain straight. The one downside is that it is relatively pricy. Does anyone know a hair straightener that actually works for multiple months?

Also, I would like to have a few hairlocks dyed red. I already for several years dye my hair black, but i thought of just a few red shades on the side of one cheeck. I know usually you need to bleach those locks and then apply the desired colour, which product or trademark usually lasts for at least multiple months? My black hair needs to be done only once every 5 months but I know black usually is easier to apply because it is the strongest colour.

PS you can now call me vain, I guess I can hardly dispute that after asking these questions :wink:
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Re: The vanity topic

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:06 am

OK , update... I cannot straighten the hair with Xtenzo as scheduled. The hairdresser says my hair is too curly to get it completely straight and that it would only hang but still be somewhat curly. Also, she says after the treatment I could not shower for 3 days (odd because I have been colouring my hair for years and never was asked to delay showers after the treatment) and she fears the product would on top of that make my black hair paint fade.

Disappointment because I never liked curls and was looking forward to finally having the hair straightened now that it's long enough. Does anyone know a better product than Xtenzo? Something that would last at least a month and keep the hair hanging and straightened without the black hair paint fading?

PS I am still considering a few red stripes in my hair (which is coloured black generally) , my boss at work said she does not like things like that but let's just say she should refrain from interfering with me on subjects that do not affect my work performances.

Anyway, does anyone know a good hair straightener?
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:50 am

Sorry, I have no clue about hair straighteners. And I don't think their results last for long - at least from what I've seen. People I know have straightened their hair and it last quite shortly.
And I dye my hair red-ish, I can say that all of the products I've used have had lasting effects - about three month at least. But then the roots of your hair grow and you need to dye it again anyway.

But the funny thing is how everyone wishes what they don't have :D I have always wanted my hari to be curly. it is not entirely straight, and I am delirious about this - but I really wanted big curls. :mrgreen:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Noonan McKane » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:48 am

RubyGirl, show us a photo. Of you, I mean.

I dunno if I've ever seen your photo.

I bet you're gorgeous.(He said, outrageously! Ooooh, do settle down.)
i shouted out 'who killed the kennedys?' when after all it was you and me
Noonan McKane
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Plenty of pics of most forum members in the Pictures topic. And yes, Ruby looks very pretty, as do most people on this board. Maybe Smiths fans have some genetical thing going... :D

As for the original question, I found a hairdresser who claims she can straighten my hair for 5 months. If that would work out indeed it'd be superb, 5 months without having to iron my hair daily or without having to constantly run to the hairdresser again ... My black hair paint lasts for about 5 months as well, so if the straightener would indeed last 5 months then it means I would only need to do my hair (both straightening and colouring) twice a year. If it works out, would be great.

I consider to have a few locks coloured red, while I have the rest of my hair coloured black. My employer may not exactly like such extravagant thing, but as long as I do my job properly... I guess doing those red shades involves bleaching a few locks and then applying red paint much in the same way as when I dye my hair black?

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:27 pm

oh, there are photos of mine in the picture thread. but shall update.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Noonan McKane » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:12 pm

rubygirl wrote:oh, there are photos of mine in the picture thread. but shall update.

Saw your photos, Rubygirl. You're gorgeous, as I predicted.

"Beauty is the wonder of wonders. It is only the shallow people who do not judge by appearances."
-Wilde, "The Picture Of Dorian Gray".
i shouted out 'who killed the kennedys?' when after all it was you and me
Noonan McKane
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:15 pm

CP, your curly hair is just perfect. Think about young Dylan and you'll feel great.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:49 pm

My local hairdresser says she has the perfect product, the chemicals make your hair straight for a 5 months. The one downside is that she says you should not wet or wash your hair for a week before the treatment, which I dislike as I have the routine of a daily shower. She says using water (even when not applying shampoo) may result in a stinging/burning sensation in the skull skin during the treatment, although I am unsure if this is not more an itchy feeling than a painful feeling.

Does anyone know a good product that straightens the hair for a long term and is easy to use? Preferably without any negative side effects such as the burning/stinging feeling during the application of the chemicals?

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Return to General Chat