Do you have a blog/diary/journal

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Sun May 15, 2005 2:01 pm

I've got a livejournal now.

not a single comment!

<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/distinctlyminty/' target='_blank'>http://www.livejournal.com/users/distinctlyminty/</a>
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Wed May 25, 2005 8:40 pm

We should have a strangeways livejournal community haha
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed May 25, 2005 10:05 pm

I think there's already a community called Strangeways! The cheek of it!

But yeah, if there's enough interest it might be worth doing something.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu May 26, 2005 9:29 am

We need everyone on here to get a livejournal. C'mon. hop to it people!
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Thu May 26, 2005 12:33 pm

yeah we definelty should have a community on there....that would be wonderful in so many ways <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

I agree with alabaster, hop to it!!!!
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Thu May 26, 2005 12:33 pm

whoops I posteded twice....why?.....cos I'm a spass!!
Last edited by tallulahtaurus on Thu May 26, 2005 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu May 26, 2005 6:44 pm

It's nice to know all of you have time to write in blogs! I can barely keep up with reading let alone writing. I do find them fascinating (whether hillariously funny, in-your-face truthful, or so-so). But I've only read those from this forum, I'm not particularly interested in people I know very little about. It's amazilng how much more you find out about a person through their blog. This forum is clearly just a thin layer of what lies underneath! Do you have to me a member of LJ to post a reply or comment. I'm guessing yes.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu May 26, 2005 8:16 pm

Most LJs allow anonymous comments I think. Mine does, I know that much.
elko
Site Admin

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:13 pm

i do! but i'm not putting a link up because i don't like people to read my posts saying 'right having an online journal is lame so i think i'll take this down' and then a month later i've posted something new on it, because it's very embarassing. <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo--> i think they're only there for when you're very tired or very bored. they're pretty dull really...

...my life <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Re: Do you have a blog/diary/journal

Postby Boxguy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:28 am

I actually started a blog up again after taking a hiatus from doing that sort of thing for a number of years. There's not much up there at the moment, though. If anyone's interested, it's at rfrederick.org.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:19 am

I also started blogging again after a long hiatus. My new blog: http://seekingcrackedpleasures.blogspot.com

By the way, to other users of Blogger.com/Blogspot.com : in the control panel (after logging in) there is an Archives tab. Do you have to make some settings changes there, or can you just leave that part alone? What I want is that my older posts are archived and don't disappear after X months. Do I have to mark an option that makes sure all entires (even the very olderst) remain stored, or is that automatically the case that old blog entries just remain there for anyone to read?
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:08 pm

My archiving settings are:

Archive Frequency - Monthly
Post Pages - Yes

I suspect that no archive means that people can't read your posts once they have slipped from the front page, but I'm not sure.

My blog is at http://rescueaidsociety.blogspot.com, and I try to update it quite regularly. I can't write very well though.

I've added both of your sites to a links section, they are both really good to read.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:31 pm

I haven't touched the Archives tag in the control panel when I created the blog. I thought the "older posts" option on bottom of every page would come automatically and that you can browse back to even the oldest posts made. Isn't that just there automatically, or does it require to change some settings to do that?

The problem is that Blogger's FAQ is not that helpful and that getting in touch with Google's support team is extraordinary difficult. There should be some manual but I could find nothing on blogger.com about if they automatically store the older posts. I'd hate it to see posts disappear just because a new post pushes them off the front page, I really want my entries to remain online and have that "older posts" button working to allow reading page after page.

Pity all Google-owned products have bad support, because the products themselves are really good and user friendly. Only the support really needs a lot of improvement.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:33 am

Ellis, been meaning to read more of your blogs. I enjoy your wit. :D I've never mentioned how I think Rescue Aid Society is an awesome name. So you have 2 blogs? Lost track. Anyway I should leave a comment.
CP I'll have to read yours as well. :)
Wait! Ryan has one as well!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Ellis, from what I read on another forum old posts are saved automatically. If you however enable archive settings like you did, then posts are archived per month so that people can quickly look up your writings from a specific month. When archiving settings are disabled, then you just have to go page to page until the last post, so it takes longer to retrieve a specific post. But all blog entries are saved automatically, with or without enabling archiving, the archiving just makes the blog more user friendly.

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to General Chat