Truths?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:22 am

Ok, name a truth

1) Actually liking "Dirty dancing" <!--emo&^_^-->Image<!--endemo-->

Go!
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby girl_afraid » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:28 am

1) I really like Wham!, although I expect quite a few of you knew that already

(Am I meant to make mine 1 or 2? Because it's my first go, but the second on the list...)
Last edited by girl_afraid on Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:07 am

If it is the first truth you have made, just make it 1), then on your second 2) and so on and so forth

Here is another of mine:

2)Actually singing along to Reo Speedwagon's "Keep on loving you", with pointing hand gestures. <!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-girl_afraid+Mar 25 2005, 10:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (girl_afraid @ Mar 25 2005, 10:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->1) I really like Wham!, although I expect quite a few of you knew that already

<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh, I like Wham! too, Girl_afraid. Actually some of the very first pop tunes I've ever heard happened to be theirs - as a result of my parents playing them a lot. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->

<span style='color:purple'>This is a very funny topic, Miserableliar</span> <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

1) I admit to owing Kylie's Greatest Hits - bought it in 1995 and even thought Better The Devil You Know was a great song( <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo--> ). What's worse - I even made other people listen to it and some of them ended buying this compillation as well. Please, don't tell me I should be ashamed of myself - I truly am. <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:03 pm

Oh god, that must have been very hard of you to do.

3) Being a fan of The Monkees (which elko, i know you are too so come forward and confess!)
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:09 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-girl_afraid+Mar 25 2005, 10:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (girl_afraid @ Mar 25 2005, 10:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 1) I really like Wham!, although I expect quite a few of you knew that already

(Am I meant to make mine 1 or 2? Because it's my first go, but the second on the list...) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
i just been listening to them! i have their 'if you were there...the best of wham' album
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:10 pm

4) i adore Mcfly. Really I do.

5) I have 3 eminem albums
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:27 pm

My girlfriend loves "Mcfly", tis' fun to say they are shit (she acts like it dont bother her, hehe). But she says "Kings of Leon" are shit, so I guess its fair (I like KOL).
Ok, here is another:

4) I admit my eyes are amazing, i mean they really are the shinyest blue <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:07 pm

1) i sing to every smiths song that comes on even though my singing voice is terrible.
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby rubygirl » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:11 pm

Good on you, Baz, that's so cool! <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:20 pm

5) I cant hit the high on "Heaven knows..." because my voice is practically cracking, i try anyway and it sound like someone is banging a bag of cats against the wall <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:09 am

<!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Mar 25 2005, 11:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Mar 25 2005, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 5) I cant hit the high on "Heaven knows..." because my voice is practically cracking, i try anyway and it sound like someone is banging a bag of cats against the wall <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
LOL, made I laugh that did.

Anyway, I have no truths whatsoever.

Actually, I quite like Rage Against The Machine, which is going against what I think I stand for. If that counts.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Noonan McKane » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:36 am

Do these have to be confessions of a liking for unfashionable music, or just general truths? I'd be here all night listing my strangely wonky, yet oddly appealing, partially melted, but somehow still attractively lit, reasonably priced and prominently displayed jukebox full of remaindered/discontinued/deleted/unfancied/other....

Just miscellaneously: I've always had a wee thing for Boston's "More Than A Feeling", although by & large I detest American 'AOR'. (And 'AOL'; They can go & f**k themselves an' all.) Also, I can never listen to, or sing, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" without crying when I come to the line '..when evening falls so hard.."

Anyroad, mine is this:

I have an obsessive/compulsive disorder, which stems from a phobia I have, which in all my life I have never heard of anyone else having. I have never, ever told anyone about it, and no one has ever noticed it, so I just put up with it. (I'm not a basket-case, or a social cripple or owt as a consequence. Like I say, no one's ever twigged it. I forget about it myself, six days out of seven.) It can really get on my tits sometimes, though.
When I saw the topic title, I just thought I'd tell you about it. I'm not too sure why.
i shouted out 'who killed the kennedys?' when after all it was you and me
Noonan McKane
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:25 am

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Mar 26 2005, 12:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Mar 26 2005, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Mar 25 2005, 11:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Mar 25 2005, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 5) I cant hit the high on "Heaven knows..." because my voice is practically cracking, i try anyway and it sound like someone is banging a bag of cats against the wall <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
LOL, made I laugh that did.

Anyway, I have no truths whatsoever.

Actually, I quite like Rage Against The Machine, which is going against what I think I stand for. If that counts. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh my god, i was listening to rage against the machine this morning and wondering "I wonder if elko likes "Rage....."!
Now i know, i guess its one of my truths as well.

6) I love Rage Against the machine
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:06 am

2) i have a limp bizkit album HAHA BEAT THAT!!!!
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Next

Return to General Chat