The Frustration Thread

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re: The Frustration Thread

Postby Boxguy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:45 am

I'm sorry to hear of your grand loss Pashy. I'm in fact witnessing the the same thing right now. On the day that was supposed to be the celebration of my 25th birthday (and my middle brother's 22nd) I'm instead having to help comfort the family members of a very high profile Wichitan who committed suicide on Thursday. It's been a huge shock to absolutely everyone. He did so much for so many and left an indelible mark on the community that I was born and raised in.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Nymphetamine » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 am

Isn't it frustrating that when you fall for someone, that someone does not feel the same way. I have never felt so embarrassed and stupid as I do at the moment.
Nymphetamine
Regular

Postby Boxguy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:38 am

I lost my job at the university two weeks ago. Being the first job that I've had in my career field it's been quite a blow for me. At the same time I found out that a manager who is more or less the department chair's pet is to receive a $7500/year salary increase - their second in three years - despite everyone else in the department being on a salary freeze for the past three years or so.

So I'm throwing my résumé out to all of the universities I can find that have open Unix admin positions. At the same time I've applied for unemployment (job seekers allowance) and started to look at selling my condo. My life has been turned upside-down by this, but I'm pushing on despite.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat