The Frustration Thread

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re: The Frustration Thread

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:48 am

My students. Oh shit. The definition of middle class brats. I want to throttle them and tell them to shut the hell up, stop trying to slyly reference drugs and alcohol, and learn what the meaning of respect is... but I don't because, oh right I know what the meaning of respect is. ...even if I freaking hate them.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:59 am

Lux Interior, frontman of the Cramps, died Wednesday morning of a pre-existing heart condition. He was a psychobilly icon, a lover of B horror movies, a gender bending, outgoing persona like no other. He will be missed... a ton... by me.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:53 am

Very sorry :(

Pashy, students can be unsufferable, I know. It's grea when you see some open and smart ones, but the typical ones are not pleasant at all.

And CP, it must be awful to have one of your idols die, I don't know this band, but this is really sad. :(
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 am

So it looks like Chicken and I may not be getting any income anytime soon, as it was revealed today that the State of Kansas may not be able to make payroll for the next payday, which is this coming Friday:

http://cjonline.com/stories/021609/bre_state.shtml

What angers me is that the republicans will not allow the transfer of funds between accounts in order for the State to make payroll. I can't believe how evilly selfish they are, using the money that state workers depend on as a pawn in their childish games, looking out for their own interests rather than the interests of the people who elected them, and putting the priorities of special interest groups and lobbyists above the People.

:x :x :x
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:11 am

Boxguy wrote:I can't believe how evilly selfish they are, using the money that state workers depend on as a pawn in their childish games, looking out for their own interests rather than the interests of the people who elected them, and putting the priorities of special interest groups and lobbyists above the People.

:x :x :x

Hmm...sounds like a few colleagues I have. :lol: (those flaming bastards! they remind me of that dolt Palin)
I'm a bit surprised the situation here has reached the level of national news! :o
Personally I have no fears, especially after reading the memo from our Gov. today--she was fairly clear about the problem, her situation, and her obvious intent.
If the selfish Re-puke-icans sabotage paychecks, I'd love to see every single teacher in the state go on strike...that might draw attention to how utterly and ridiculously petty they are being right now. :twisted:
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:56 am

Sounds like a solid plan :) A bit left wing for that state though... better watch it chicken, don't get your hopes up *too* high for social justice!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:33 pm

ARGH! My students won't turn in work...at all... ever... some of them didn't even turn in their freaking exams that I SAW them take!! Now there are a ton of Fs...because I have not seen one piece of work from a number of students... and their parents are going ape shit over it! WTF?!?!?! What on EARTH did their other teachers do to make them pass if they didn't do any work before?? Its ridiculous!

The worst part is that all I asked when we were getting the schools we were to teach in was that I got a poor school, and of course I got placed in an upper middle class school and my students are hiding behind their momma's skirts and being immature and telling me that there are no consequences for 15 year olds' actions because they have grown out of them. They are acting like the nightmares I was trying to avoid and it is the school I am trying to avoid and I am stuck there day in and day out. It can't be over soon enough, I mean it, it can't. I can't WAIT to be working at a continuation school again so that I can be through with this complete and utter bullshit of people not accepting the consequences for their actions.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:57 pm

...somehow I feel like I am the only one that writes on this thread... I guess that tells you a lot.

My boyfriend was supposed to move in yesterday but when he was in the middle of nowhere 2.5 hours from my house, he popped a tire. And no tire places in that area were open on Sundays... so that means I don't get him here until tomorrow... when the working week has gotten into full swing... shit. Why can't I ever have nice things?
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Pashy, I am reading this too late. But I hope he has successfully moved in by now. :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 am

He has! And it is excellent :) And I am somehow even getting sleep at night- best of all possible worlds :D
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:50 pm

pash: those students of yours sound a bit like some sloaney types i've met over the years. i get annoyed by that type of person too. :x
boxguy and chicken: i hope you guys got paid in the end!
i'm frustrated by the fact that me and another trainee lost our jobs 3 weeks ago and we were told that our jobs were being made redundant because of cost-cutting. fair enough, we knew they had been cost-cutting because of the current economic climate and among the cost-cutting measures would be some redundancies (and we suspected we might be among the ones to go)... but then last week i saw they were advertising to recruit more trainees. i'm really confused now: can they afford trainees or not?! :? i can't help wondering if they wanted to get rid of us anyway and they're using redundancies as an excuse. either way, i'm moving on in life and trying to find a new job, but it's still really, really strange.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri May 01, 2009 1:09 am

helmoz wrote:pash: those students of yours sound a bit like some sloaney types i've met over the years. i get annoyed by that type of person too. :x
boxguy and chicken: i hope you guys got paid in the end!
i'm frustrated by the fact that me and another trainee lost our jobs 3 weeks ago and we were told that our jobs were being made redundant because of cost-cutting. fair enough, we knew they had been cost-cutting because of the current economic climate and among the cost-cutting measures would be some redundancies (and we suspected we might be among the ones to go)... but then last week i saw they were advertising to recruit more trainees. i'm really confused now: can they afford trainees or not?! :? i can't help wondering if they wanted to get rid of us anyway and they're using redundancies as an excuse. either way, i'm moving on in life and trying to find a new job, but it's still really, really strange.

Ugh- I hate that. To be fair, a lot of teachers get pink slipped in June because the schools cannot afford them and then, with so many less teachers, the schools have to hire people to replace them... so it is cyclical. What were you a trainer in?
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sat May 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Hello, my friends. The south of the world's economy is also being affected by the the flaws of capitalism. I was already quite screwed (financially) but now I am dry. I've been doing some translation work, 5 cents per word, not too much work, living with my parents, feeling guilty, defeated and lonely as hell. At least we don't have any swine flu cases here in Uruguay, that would complete a very interesting picture.

Pashy, I'm sorry to read about your idiotic students. Lord, I fear for later generations, too much MTV for their clay brains.

Chicken and Boxguy. You have to be strong now. Avoid manufacturing bombs, that will not help. We should let our beards grow in orden to express our anger with style. Being serious, I hope you are OK, my friends.

5 years of Strangeways, wow!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat May 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Seriously, this economy is screwing everybody over so badly! Myself certainly included. I am so confused though, where the hell did all of the money go to??
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Mon May 25, 2009 4:31 am

Hmm, attempting a beard is quite tempting Tru, especially since I've started to frequent the week's growth with a goatee look.

Things for me economically have actually turned out to not be so bad after all. Through a large amount budget magic (part of which includes reducing the work week over the summer to four 10-hour days) the uni has managed to negatively impact only fifteen people. All those impacted work in the student health center, which will now be closed during the summer (something that was already planned). The thirteen staff on contract have been reduced from 12 month contracts to 10 month contracts, one secretary has been reduced to part time over the summer to take care of any requests for medical records, and the other secretary has been furloughed for the summer. Things are okay through June 2011, but who knows what could happen then.
Boxguy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat