The Frustration Thread

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re: The Frustration Thread

Postby Boxguy » Mon May 25, 2009 5:12 am

helmoz wrote:i'm frustrated by the fact that me and another trainee lost our jobs 3 weeks ago and we were told that our jobs were being made redundant because of cost-cutting. fair enough, we knew they had been cost-cutting because of the current economic climate and among the cost-cutting measures would be some redundancies (and we suspected we might be among the ones to go)... but then last week i saw they were advertising to recruit more trainees. i'm really confused now: can they afford trainees or not?! :? i can't help wondering if they wanted to get rid of us anyway and they're using redundancies as an excuse. either way, i'm moving on in life and trying to find a new job, but it's still really, really strange.

Sorry to hear you lost your job Helen. And sorry for the belated reply (I've been too busy to think over the past month).

I wouldn't be surprised that the trainee accountancy positions they are advertising for are for much lower pay than what you received. Two years ago a major national electronics chain in the US - which went under a few months ago partly because of this - made their highest paid (and naturally best) 3400 salespersons redundant, then turned around and hired replacements, paying them roundabout the minimum market wage for a retail electronics sales position. That may be the case in your situation. Whether or not it is, it still sucks. Hope you're able to find something soon. We're behind you.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby helmoz » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 pm

thanks guys. i'm still looking for another job... but hopefully something will come up soon! i'm taking a training course in sage line 50 at the moment, it's a computerised bookkeeping program and loads of job adverts say that experience in it is preferred/essential (i have some experience with it but i haven't used it in ages and until i started the course i felt like i'd almost completely forgotten how to use it), so this should improve my prospects.
i've had some pretty dark days since losing my job. it wasn't too bad at first, but then they advertised for new trainees (as i mentioned before) and ever since then my dad's had moments when he's been really pissed off about it - sometimes he really interrogates me about what happened (if i was guilty of any misconduct, if someone stabbed me in the back, etc) and when he's like that he goes on and on for hours and you can't shut him up. he also has a couple of annoying tendencies which come out whenever he goes off on one - he talks to everyone and about everyone like they're thicker than shit (this comes out when he's angry) and he repeats himself loads of times (this happens whenever he's going on for ages about anything, whether it's something positive or negative, but more when it's negative). one day he went crazy and tried to chuck me out of the house immediately, i only managed to stay cos mum eventually talked him out of it.
i know he's stressed at work and me losing my job only adds to it, but we're all getting sick of him taking the stress home and taking it out on us. when michael jackson died, people were saying he had a heart attack cos he was stressed and working too hard for his upcoming tour, so i tried to tell dad that if he carries on the way he does, he'll have a heart attack too, but my dad is like "well that just shows how hard people have to work to get anywhere in life."
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:15 am

I have avoided meeting Bryan's parents for 4 years now, literally. I love him, I hate parents...they always tend to hate me. I refused to fly 6 hours to meet them... his mom even made me a quilt as a graduation present and kept asking me to come. And now they are flying out here for Christmas...and I can't avoid it any longer. And they are going to hate me... and probably get me assassinated. I am everything parents hate: educated, liberal, feminist, always working and will never have children. They always see their dreams dashed on the rocks when I come into the picture because I am not a submissive little woman that will keep their bloodline going. Ugh, they will hate me and do what all other parents have done...try to get him to leave me ASAP. He won't, but they'll try.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:37 pm

im sure his parents won't be able to make you change, you're always so determined and strong and independent, they'll just have to learn to accept you as you are - they cant change you and frankly why should they? having said that, even if there is no way they can change you or make bryan leave you, it's still really upsetting that they would want to, so i hope their attitude to you improves.
i'm always a bit nervous when i meet my other half's parents, they don't seem to have any issues with me, but i still want to make sure i impress them. i think i have more problems with my own parents at times tho, my mum can be like bryan's parents, she has ALWAYS wanted me to provide her with grandchildren and acted like it cant happen soon enough (although ever since i got together with deano she's had moments of being really paranoid that im going to have kids right now - im not, i want to have them one day but nowhere near yet and knowing me she should know that!). :roll:
i don't think ive really mentioned my boyfriend on strangeways before, so i'll decamp to the happy thread now...
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:38 am

I have been sliding down in morale for quite a while now. It's definitely manifested itself mentally in the form of extreme uncomfortableness around decent-sized groups of peers clashing with pangs of loneliness and physically in that I've gained around 20 pounds over the past nine months. My perceived lack of worth to myself and others hasn't been this great in a few years. It's a good bit troubling.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:58 am

Boxguy wrote:I have been sliding down in morale for quite a while now. It's definitely manifested itself mentally in the form of extreme uncomfortableness around decent-sized groups of peers clashing with pangs of loneliness and physically in that I've gained around 20 pounds over the past nine months. My perceived lack of worth to myself and others hasn't been this great in a few years. It's a good bit troubling.

Boxguy, noooo! I wish I had $$ to come see you... like, right now! And bring all my friends, because the ones you met really liked you! I hate it when someone as awesome as you is unhappy. F'ing call me if you want to chat with someone-- you have my number! I hear what you are saying, I get it, and I want to hug you forever and stop you from feeling uncomfy in your skin around large groups of people. They would all LOVE you, you know that! And if you don't, I do! You may not feel like you are worth a lot to yourself and others right now, but as an other, I disagree. I hope you can start seeing the sunshine again, love-- the clouds will lift, they will. Also, chicken adores you too. People may be uncomfortable and judgmental and the ones where you live may not see eye to eye with you on a lot of things, but this is a big world and there are tons of you out there. And, if you try hard enough, you can find some cool things to talk about with the weirdos out there. I am sorry you (seem) to feel bad about gaining weight, but all I care about is if you are taking care of yourself. Are you eating right? Getting into the sun (when it is out)? Exercising? I don't want you to hole yourself up and hope that the world forgets you, because we won't! Anyway, I adore you and you know it. I hope everything turns up for you soon, Boxguy!

Helmoz-- it is AMAZING to see you! I have missed you... as weird as that might sound... and thanks :). I'll go read the happy thread in a sec then!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Oh, Ryan,

I am so sorry to come back and find you in a darker period.
To me you have been a very bright and very positive individual. I know no-one can always be at their best, there are the times of real darkness - but I do believe they serve the purpose to make us realize what we really need and who we really are - as opposed to what we falsely believe to need or want or be....
I think you should not blame yourself - just try to find what is really worth holding on to in your life!
You have always impressed me for being so kind and such a genuinely nice person - and I am convinced this perception is right! We do care for you, so please, don't stop caring for yourself as well!
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:03 am

Oh geez, that dumbfuck Palin is speaking at the Salina Chamber of Commerce in a couple weeks. :roll:
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:43 am

I am SO glad she was chosen as a candidate so that the Democrats won by a landslide. That politician: not intelligent.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby cod » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Legal studies assignment 2 days 2500 words
cod

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Ouch! 2500 words? Bummer! What is the topic of the paper? You have my sympathy/empathy, I finished getting my Masters a few months ago and missed a looooot of sleep doing frustratingly long papers too. Good luck!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:11 am

Flu... 12 days in and I am still destroying boxes of Kleenex. This is terribly frustrating.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Nymphetamine » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:54 pm

Life is terribly frustrating these days, I never earn enough, spend too much and of course still haven't found love, I can't even afford a packet of Mach 3 Power razorblades to shave with, so have to resort to using an old one that is four months past its best. Oh the joy of being a penniless University Student.
Nymphetamine
Regular

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:34 am

Nymphetamine wrote:Life is terribly frustrating these days, I never earn enough, spend too much and of course still haven't found love, I can't even afford a packet of Mach 3 Power razorblades to shave with, so have to resort to using an old one that is four months past its best. Oh the joy of being a penniless University Student.

I feel for you (except for the love part, that gets me through my nights), though I am no longer a University student (for almost 5 months!)... I thought it would stop, but how was I supposed to know that the recession would hit my career as soon as I was credentialed? I will tell you what everyone is telling me, though from experience not from generic "I guess I should say this". This too shall pass, just give it time and be patient, no matter how utterly frustrating it is. If you celebrate Hanukkah or Christmas or Kwanza you might get new razorblades as a gift :-P. Just stay as positive as possible, I find that Rubber Ring always helps me remember how much I cling to songs in the hardest of times just to make it through the days.

I had a really frustrating day yesterday when my landlady parked behind the car that was taking me to the airport and lost her car keys... and I missed my plane. Money wasted that I didn't really have in the first place. So I rented a car with my sister and 2 other people that had missed the same flight that I met at the ticket gate and drove through the night (starting at 11 PM) from LA to San Francisco (631 Km). So yeah, totally broke now, and before Christmas nonetheless. Oh, and the appointment I had to come up North to attend? Canceled last minute. FML.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:52 am

I lost someone in my family quite tragically, he means everything to me and now I will never see him again. I will never talk to him again, laugh with him again, sit silently with him again, nothing. He shaped so much of my taste in life, he never said a harsh word, was always positive and laughing, always proud of me and encouraging me. He was my favorite family member, straight up. No matter what anyone said about him, if it wasn't good it fell on deaf ears where I was concerned. He stepped into a father role for me in 1990 and never stepped out, always saying how my dad-- his brother in law and best friend, would be so proud of me and how he was proud of me too. He gave me and my sis the most gifts of anyone at Christmas, every Christmas. He walked out to watch us drive away every time we went to visit. He encouraged me always and we never had one single disagreement, not one, my entire life. The world is so empty without him. I am devastated.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat