[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - The Frustration Thread

The Frustration Thread

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:54 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Jul 10 2005, 12:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Jul 10 2005, 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Jul 10 2005, 12:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Jul 10 2005, 12:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I hate it when some people use the ideas and the enlightment of others to make themselves appear  interesting and wanted to share my frustration.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's the sort of thing which has always got right up my nose-it's just namedropping and trying to bask in a bit of reflected glory to mask your own deficiencies. Bono's been pulling that one for over 20 years, but don't even get me started on him!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I heard (on radio) that Bono pays no taxes because in Ireland, if you're a national icon, you're exempt from taxation. So when Bono complains again about the U.S. not forking out more money (which gives twice the amount of the whole of Europe is what I heard), well Bono, dig a little deeper in your pocket. Alright, a little mean and unnecessary.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I heard (on radio) that Bono pays no taxes because in Ireland, if you're a national icon, you're exempt from taxation. So when Bono complains again about the U.S. not forking out more money (which gives twice the amount of the whole of Europe is what I heard), well Bono, dig a little deeper in your pocket. Alright, a little mean and unnecessary.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Not mean and unneccessary at all; keep putting that boot in! I did warn you not to get me started on Bono... Mark Steel once said that if Bono is so concerned about solving the African debt problem he could do it himself with the loose change down the back of his sofa. There's probably millions there-and a couple of pairs of old wraparound sunglasses!

Seriously, in Ireland we have a thing called Artists Tax Exemption (or something similar) where musicians, writers etc don't pay any tax on their artistic endeavours (Hmm, I think I'll pass on making judgement on the artistic value of U2 for now-but I will get back to it. Oh jesus, will I!) Anyway, the point of it was to encourage young, struggling artists not to throw in the towel and get a job in a sweet factory. Unfortunately (here it comes) there is no cut-off point beyond which you start paying tax-so Bono is in the same bracket as a guy who might get 50 quid for an acoustic set down the local pub (maybe he should start busking down the back of Bono's sofa <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> )

And this is why you should have no qualms about having a pop at the man who would be John Lennon (if only he could); U2 are not so much a band as a multinational company with amplifiers, and they pay less tax than me (sort of).

Bet you're sorry you ever mentioned it now! <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by Domestique on Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:19 pm

*considers moving to Ireland*

It's a nice idea really, but obviously it seems as though there are flaws inherent in the scheme.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:54 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jul 11 2005, 10:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jul 11 2005, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->*considers moving to Ireland*

It's a nice idea really, but obviously it seems as though there are flaws inherent in the scheme.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Only if you're a pampered, egotistical, millionaire rock star. And I'm sure they care! But for a genuine penniless artist it would seem to be okay <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:23 pm

I think I'm a genuine artist, and I'm genuinely, genuinely penniless!
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jul 11 2005, 11:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jul 11 2005, 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think I'm a genuine artist, and I'm genuinely, genuinely penniless! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ryanair will do you a cheap flight-as long as you book about 6 years in advance <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:55 pm

Having problems with Audioscrobbler. Again. <!--emo&:angry:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Hello crowd.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:10 pm

Halloo!

Yes Audioscrobbler seems to go sometimes for days without updating even once - or is this not the problem you are having?
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:26 pm

No updates since Moz' birthday back in May, but I uploaded the newest version, and in doing so I had to close the older version, now I've lost my music note icon. Re-booted as it's a start-up item, but no go. I'm sure it's some silly little thing I'm missing. I've been too lazy to investigate. I have at least 300 songs that are backlogged!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:18 pm

hey hey

1. i was looking for a job and then i found a job
2. the fact i'm fat and need to lose weight
3. that its still ages till i'm at uni
4. the fact that i should talk to my mum more often than i do.
5. the fact i hate were i live - i hate most the people
6. the fact i havent been on this forum for ages cause i'm lazy
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby Domestique » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Sweet and Tender Hooligan+Jul 28 2005, 09:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sweet and Tender Hooligan @ Jul 28 2005, 09:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hey hey

6. the fact i havent been on this forum for ages cause i'm lazy<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But you're here and it's now... So welcome back <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->

You hate most people? Utterly acceptable and understandable behaviour. You should join the support group TallulahTaurus and myself are starting; we hate everyone. Practically.
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mr-Shankly » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Jul 28 2005, 08:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Jul 28 2005, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Sweet and Tender Hooligan+Jul 28 2005, 09:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sweet and Tender Hooligan @ Jul 28 2005, 09:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hey hey

6. the fact i havent been on this forum for ages cause i'm lazy<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But you're here and it's now... So welcome back <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->

You hate most people? Utterly acceptable and understandable behaviour. You should join the support group TallulahTaurus and myself are starting; we hate everyone. Practically. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Do you hate each other? Do you hate me? <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Names, secret names. But never in my favour.
Mr-Shankly
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Sweet and Tender Hooligan+Jul 28 2005, 08:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sweet and Tender Hooligan @ Jul 28 2005, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hey hey

hey hey back to you, Sweet'n'Tender!
you should visit the place more often, we've missed you!
I hate where I live too - Sofia is an ugly, dusty, noisy town with no athmosphere whatsoever. i miss my hometown.
And, hmm, most people deserve nothing but to be hated - they provoke your hatred all the time! <!--emo&:ph34r:-->Image<!--endemo--> i can understand you very well.
So there you have Domestique's offer <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:07 am

Yeh, welcome back "sweet and tender...", just remember who forced you to get your arse back on the site yeh <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> hehe

Welcome back, catch up and post some decent reads, hope to see you back on the top posters eh "sweet and tender..." <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:25 pm

oh my baps! finally, someone has started a support group for people who hate people!

do you have to do anything particular to join? no fee? cause if there is a fee i'll hate you even more! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

my frustration: my hair.
maybe i should just go bald? *ponders*
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat