The Frustration Thread

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re: The Frustration Thread

Postby rubygirl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Pashernate_Lover wrote:My room mate just sent me an email that said if I didn't get back to the apartment in a day she will go and break the lease because she didn't get her shit together and find someone to replace her and she can't afford to live there anymore... wtf?? As in I will no longer have anywhere to live and will have to move next week goodness knows where. She is an awfully flaky person as it is but I never expected this. I am horrified. I don't know what to do.

what a b*tch :(

I hope all turns out well for you, Pashy!
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 pm

I will find out today... I refused to break the lease but it is turning out to be hell to get someone in here. One last chance though I guess...

On the bright side, I got 2 other new housemates (they are excellent) seeing as how 1 of the old ones already moved back to India and the other moved out with 1 days notice because he found somewhere cheaper.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby WordsAsOldAsSin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:12 am

Boxguy wrote:It should be quite intriguing. It's the moving and housing parts that don't make starting a new job fun.

just think of it as a new adventure, its like you're building your life from scratch, youve got a say in everything.
Love is Natural and Real
But not for such as you and I, my love
WordsAsOldAsSin
Supreme

Postby WordsAsOldAsSin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:15 am

Pashernate_Lover wrote:I will find out today... I refused to break the lease but it is turning out to be hell to get someone in here. One last chance though I guess...

On the bright side, I got 2 other new housemates (they are excellent) seeing as how 1 of the old ones already moved back to India and the other moved out with 1 days notice because he found somewhere cheaper.

1 days notice? thats really bad, that person didnt give you enough time at all.
but atleast you got some new ones, are they nice?
Love is Natural and Real
But not for such as you and I, my love
WordsAsOldAsSin
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:46 am

Everything finally worked out alright, I found 3 new housemates altogether to be in my 4 person apartment... and they are all neato so far. The one girl straight up is paying a month rent to reserve the place for herself with no intention of living here the first month... now THATS what I call a good room mate :-P. AND none of them plan on moving out soon which means I could feasibly live with these 3 people for the next 15 months until my grad school is over therefore I would never live with the sometimes-psycho roomie again which is super comforting. Whoo!!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:59 am

Good to hear that your housing situation is finally stable Pash. 8)
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:06 pm

Glad it worked out, Pashy! I admire your capabilities of just sharing a house with strangers and adapt so easily. Me with my autism would never be able to do that. I am glad the housemates seem okay as well.

Personally I face a bit of frustration and hope at the same time. There is this girl I have been liking for quite a while now but I never dared to tell her. Meanwhile we don't live near each other anymore, so just running into each other and waiting for the right moment to tell her ain't gonna happen. Now we get along so well and I would still like to go for it. The only thing is, if a distance has to be crossed it will require honesty: if I don't come out for my feelings she ain't gonna realise why I make the travel. In order to do this both have to know the purpose of the travel, which is spending time together. Guess I will have to be honest, and despite having made the shyness mistake before I make it again each time. Why are simple words like "I like you" so hard to tell? :(
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Sat May 03, 2008 2:07 am

So here it is, the end of the week. Not a bad week by any means, busy and hectic but ok all in all.

4:00 I get a call at work...from my neighbor. "Joel, you have a serious tree problem, you should probably get home."
:o :?: :?

In my front yard I have/had a mature tree, at least 1/2 a meter in diameter. It split in half...we're not talking just a big branch breaking off, but the entire tree split clear to the soil!!! And, of course, the half that fell was the half that fell onto my house. Yes, ONTO my house!!

Broken window, ruined rain gutters, roof shingles rubbed off all over the place. :x :evil: :x :x

I had the insurance man at my house within half an hour and a tree trimming service there, too.

It's now been five hours since I got home. The tree guys did a great job and I have a ghetto-looking tarp nailed on my roof because it's supposed to rain tonight.
What a mess.
The only saving grace, you ask? The only saving grace was that one of the tree guys was a friggin HOTTIE!! :lol:

Now I get to look forward to insurance paperwork, estimates on roof repair, scheduling nightmares, etc, etc.
Happy Friday.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Mon May 05, 2008 2:36 pm

I found out this morning that the lady who owns the condo I'm renting has put it up for sale without saying anything to me...and without noting in the advert that a renter is living in it. The lease agreement is month-to-month, so it's plausible that she could kick me out with a 30-day notice once she's found a buyer. I've put a call into her to find out what's going on. No response yet.

###

So I've talked to her about it, and apparently she's had the place on the market for quite a long while, but there have yet to be any serious takers. I did ask her to let me know if anyone comes along that is seriously interested, since if that happens I will likely consider putting down a counteroffer.

In fact, after thinking about it some more this evening, I may propose a modification of the lease agreement to her that would include the following points:

• At any time I would be allowed to put down an offer to buy the place outright.

• If another party does put down an offer, she must allow me 15 (or some other reasonable number of) days to put together a counteroffer or inform her that I do not intend to put forth a counteroffer, upon which I will vacate within 30 days if the original offer is accepted.

• If I put forth an offer and it is accepted, the monies that I have paid to her thus far in rent are to be included in the payment of the agreed-upon offer (this is probably the most debatable point).

She's asking for a good bit more than what some of these other units have sold for lately, primarily due to the remodeling work she's put into it since she first purchased the place and after those yayhoos who lived here before me tore it up. If she does not want to compromise on letting me have first choice in a situation of buying the place, then I may see if anyone I know well who invests in properties to rent out may wish to purchase the place. That way I have the peace of mind that they won't turn around, sell the place out from under me, and kick me out.

Above all, I want the security of knowing that I won't be thrown out of the place I live simply because of a higher bidder. I apparently won't have that security with her, given the fact that I had to find out about this lovely predicament through the newspaper classifieds. :x
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Fri May 09, 2008 11:43 pm

I'm 99.999~% positive there are governmental agencies who look after rentors to make sure you are not screwed. If worst comes to worst, I'm virtually certain there are people who can help you out.

Otherwise, you might consider how the housing market is there.
Here's a life lesson: I rented until I thought I could afford a house. Once I decided to buy one, I made too much money to get any sort of deal (first-time home-owner thing). :x Buy a house before you think you can afford it, the government is much more likely to help you. I got totally denied.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Fri May 30, 2008 2:27 pm

my neighbours are noisy bastards and i think i've done really badly in my commercial law exam :( :(
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:10 am

Hopefully your neighbors don't keep you up at night swearing at their kids at the top of my lungs as one set of neighbors I had years ago did. That was not a fun experience, to say the least. :(

I bet you didn't do as badly as you think on your exam. I've had exams where I thought I did badly only to find that I actually did quite well. Everyone has those "Boy, I truly fucked that one up" experiences in Uni.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby helmoz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:30 pm

nah, none of my neighbours have kids yet. they're all students and a few of them are like me (they like to have fun but without disturbing other people in the area) but most of them are what we call "rahs" or "sloanes" who don't care about other people. they've been noisy all year and it's really embarrassing because usually there is a good relationship between students and locals, but they're ruining it. if someone tells me or my mates that we're making too much noise, we turn down the volume, even if we think we're not noisy. if someone tells the rahs that they're being noisy, they just tell them to piss off.
me and my neighbours are in the dead-end of the road, and the rest of the road is a mix of students and locals. people from both the dead-end and the rest of the road have been reporting the noisy ones to the police. i reported them once in the past and since my last post i've also reported them to the council (they have a noise dept). i'm also thinking of filling in a "mitigating circumstances" form, cos they woke me up during the nights before my commercial exam, and that's partly why i think i did badly in it.
i'll get my exam results on 26th june and i can't wait! that probably sounds nerdy, but actually i really need to know because i've been given a job offer from an accountancy firm in worthing. it's a good job but it's aimed more towards school leavers so the pay is low for a graduate. if i've done well in my degree, then i'll turn down the job because i'll be able to get a better one; if i haven't done well, then i'll take the job in case i can't find anything better.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:53 pm

I ended up missing a meeting yesterday because I had the wrong time zone for the meeting time. :oops:
The only consolation is that I wouldn't have been able to be there for more than five minutes anyway, since a few of my systems went down about that time.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:46 am

My boyfriend of over 3 years lives now in California finally (yay!) but 570+ km away- and he just got put in the hospital and is going to get a surgery tonight and be hospitalized for 3 days and I can't go see him and hearing him waiting to get treatment from shitty LA hospitals on the phone was breaking my heart :'(
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat