Where are you from?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Mozzerella » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:11 pm

I was just wondering if there's many people outside of UK here. So, where are YOU from?

I'm from Finland. The land of drunkards and polar bears. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:19 pm

sorry if this slows anyone down, but i wanted a large image:

i live just off the top tip of the first 'S' in 'Kansas'.
no polar bears, but plenty of racoons, deer, rabbits, and opossums.
and enough drunkards to give Finland a run for their money <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
and lots and lots of wheat.
real close to the middle of everything--and wheat--here. HAR!
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:29 pm

That puts it into some perspective I suppose, chicken.

I live in Bristol, in the United Kingdom. <a href='http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/10/07/-big/Bristol-2.jpg' target='_blank'>This</a> picture shows some of the beauty it contains in places, but I can't find a picture of the estate-like squalor I reside in the centre of.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:31 pm

Very good idea, chicken - to put on this map, now things do seem much clearer! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> And you are in the middle of everything!

Felt inspired to offer you a look at my small part of the world:

So, this is my little country. I am originally from the south part - you can see my hometown on the map, Haskovo. And noe I am in the capital, Sofia. Bulgaria is a pretty country, we've got a bit of everything - mountains and valleys and caves and lakes - and the Black Sea.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:32 pm

Wow, Elko, that pic is SO beautiful!
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Jul 30 2005, 11:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Jul 30 2005, 11:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wow, Elko, that pic is SO beautiful! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
indeed.
elko: do you see the sea from the windows of your home?

(i've always wondered what that would be like, and i usually wish it be so)
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:12 am

<!--QuoteBegin-chicken+Jul 31 2005, 12:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chicken @ Jul 31 2005, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Jul 30 2005, 11:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Jul 30 2005, 11:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wow, Elko, that pic is SO beautiful! <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
indeed.
elko: do you see the sea from the windows of your home?

(i've always wondered what that would be like, and i usually wish it be so) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nope, not even close really. Although Bristol was originally a port town, the sea is perhaps ten miles away. The river Avon runs through the city and under the <a href='http://homepage.ntlworld.com/junkmailbin/picofweek-big.jpg' target='_blank'>Suspension Bridge</a> (probably our most famous landmark), but I am some distance from it. As I say, I live in the most boring part of the city, rows of terraced houses that could easily be confused with anywhere else in the UK.
elko
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:19 am

elko, you make it sound as if you live amidst a herd-0-sheep.

i'd LOVE to drive my car across that bridge again and again and again and...

well, you get it.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:13 am

[QUOTE=chicken,Jul 31 2005, 02:19 AM]sorry if this slows anyone down, but i wanted a large image:

i live just off the top tip of the first 'S' in 'Kansas'.
no polar bears, but plenty of racoons, deer, rabbits, and opossums.
and enough drunkards to give Finland a run for their money <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
and lots and lots of wheat.
real close to the middle of everything--and wheat--here. HAR!

We don't actually have polar bears. It was a joke. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> I thinks there's polar bears only in the south or was it north pole..or both..hmmm.

And Elko, the place you live in seems beautiful.

I guess I should also post a picture of my hometown or Finland...
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:18 am

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->We don't actually have polar bears. It was a joke.  I thinks there's polar bears only in the south or was it north pole..or both..hmmm.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

polar bears are unique to the north pole. Image

penguins are unique to the south pole.Image
i think
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:29 am

Yep, I think so as well.
Wow, what lovely creatures they are - at least on pix! <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:53 am

Here's a map of Finland. I live in Joensuu.

Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:56 am

Very nice. i had some general idea of Finland, but this is much better! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Good night for now, see ya later!
Last edited by rubygirl on Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:57 am

<!--QuoteBegin-chicken+Jul 31 2005, 04:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chicken @ Jul 31 2005, 04:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
polar bears are unique to the north pole.  Image

penguins are unique to the south pole.Image
i think<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Okay. Thanks for clearing that out. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> I can never remember. I wish there were penguins or polar bears in Finland. Penguins preferably.
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:59 am

<!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Jul 31 2005, 04:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Jul 31 2005, 04:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Very nice. i had some general idea of Finland, but this is much better! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Good night for now, see ya later! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Good night, see ya!
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to General Chat