Where are you from?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby chicken » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:22 am

atomium wrote:Image

I'm from Drammen - Norway ! A great town!

such natural scenery, how beautiful! are your winters harsh?

i'd just like to say that this international collection of people around one posthumous musical group is quite amazing.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby atomium » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:48 pm

chicken wrote:<!--quoteo(post=30910:date=Jul 7 2006, 08:43 PM:name=atomium)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atomium @ Jul 7 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]30910[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I'm from Drammen - Norway ! A great town!

such natural scenery, how beautiful! are your winters harsh?

i'd just like to say that this international collection of people around one posthumous musical group is quite amazing.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, our winters are very harsh…usually it gets really cold around Christmas times and the whole town is covered in snow. The community tries to save money by not shovel the snow that often, and that works badly. There’s always much to do in the winter times though, and that’s good. Skiing, snowboarding, ice-skating,…

It’s a very interesting ‘collection’ of people in this forum, when I first joined the forum I didn’t think that it would have such a range of members, apparently there’s a Smiths fan in every corner of the world.
atomium
Supreme

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:54 pm

Atomium, you already know how much I'm obsessed by Scandinavia... I hopefully can find a job someday in your beautiful country, preferably Tromsø or Longyearbyen.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby atomium » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:57 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Atomium, you already know how much I'm obsessed by Scandinavia... I hopefully can find a job someday in your beautiful country, preferably Tromsø or Longyearbyen.

Tromsø, ah, it's so beautiful up there...

Oh, one more thing, this goes to those who are from England...I'm thinking of taking a higher education in England (A big surprise?), know of any good choices? At first I was thinking of a school in the Manchester area, but I don't know for sure yet.
atomium
Supreme

Postby helmoz » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:04 pm

manchester university then? :D
Last edited by helmoz on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:20 pm

Queens University Belfast, for all your educational needs B) http://www.qub.ac.uk

We may be not England really, but we're in the UK and the local university is one of the best universities in the UK. Especially for everything in the medical field, Queens Uni Belfast is really well-known, with many students from across the globe who come to Northern Ireland to study here.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby HowSoonIsNever? » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:05 pm

This is Derry/Londonderry. We haven't made our minds up yet.
Futures!
HowSoonIsNever?
Regular

Postby rubygirl » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:32 pm

HowSoonIsNever? wrote:

But it's definitely beautiful! :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:11 pm

<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Georgia--><span style="font-family:Georgia"><!--/fonto-->MONTEVIDEO<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

HowSoonIsNever? wrote:This is Derry/Londonderry.

BEAUTIFUL PLACE!

Last edited by Truman Capote on Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:00 pm

HowSoonIsNever? wrote:Image

Hehe, great that some locals at least don't take the double name that serious! :D I once almost got kicked out of a pub for using the wrong name... that was when I just emigrated to Ireland and didn't know yet when to use Derry or when to use Londonderry...

It's one of my favourite places in my adopted home country. I like the city walls. And Derry girls are said to be the prettiest on the whole island (maybe I should visit more often hey :D )

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby HowSoonIsNever? » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:06 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:<!--quoteo(post=34853:date=Oct 10 2006, 01:05 PM:name=HowSoonIsNever?)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HowSoonIsNever? @ Oct 10 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]34853[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hehe, great that some locals at least don't take the double name that serious! :D I once almost got kicked out of a pub for using the wrong name... that was when I just emigrated to Ireland and didn't know yet when to use Derry or when to use Londonderry...

It's one of my favourite places in my adopted home country. I like the city walls. And Derry girls are said to be the prettiest on the whole island (maybe I should visit more often hey :D )
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Glad you like it so much CP. I suppose some times I don't appreciate it is much as I should, it's not an altogether bad place. There are sectarian elements like most places in N.Ireland and its a touchy issue (I feel a bit uneasy even talking about it!) but the people (generally) are very friendly and enjoy the craic as we say.

As for the girls, I suppose you should just visit some more and see for yourself ;)
Futures!
HowSoonIsNever?
Regular

Postby uncle_monty » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:32 pm

This is Liverpool at it's best.

This is the town of Alsager (where I was brought/dragged up) at it's best.

uncle_monty

Postby yandee » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:12 am

This is Steyr at it's best B) ...isn't it nice??? ;)

There's my favourite club just around the corner...imagine it without the whole water thing

That's just around the corner from where I live...godforsaken nowhere land

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lina » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:28 am

I´m from Sweden!!
anyone more from sweden?!
Lina

Postby Alex » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:07 pm

Wow, Liverpool looks great. And that little Austrian church looks lovely too :cool:
Alex
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat