Where are you from?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:55 pm

I was staying in a hotel in croatia, but i wnet white water rafting, and went on a day trip round serbia and montenegro. I also went drinking on some croatian island an hours journey by boat from any land. We got to this bar, and low and behold I heard "How can someone so young sing words so sad?" Sheila take a bow playing in the arsehole of nowhere. I stood in awe, that was a good night/morning.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:22 pm

I guess that place isn't so backward, then. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

And guys, it would be interesting to see pics of your hometowns if it isn't too much bother to post them here.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:22 am

mozzerella:
the picture of your city is wondrous. i can see a Walt Disney movie set there. it looks positively captivating.
i want to drive my car across that bridge again, and again, and again. get some fuel, and repeat. HAR!!
i'll see what i can do to find some pictures of local stuff. i'm afraid that kansas is a totally different 'picturesque' than what mozz has posted. but i suppose if one can envision blue skies and endless horizons and golden fields of wheat, that would be close.

boy with a thorn:
hey ed, you young buck. you non-chalantly say: "i stayed in a hotel in croatia and went white water rafting...yadda, yadda, yadda..."
dude, that is so friggin alien to me. for me to get to another country, i must drive in my car on the quickest route for eight or ten hours. going to canada from the US isn't a huge change at all in terms of culture, but going to mexico (though i've never been myself) is a big change.
it's cool that you can do that. and doubly-cool that you can tell me about it via the interweb. <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:42 am

this picture is taken from the north side of town, right by the interstate--from a truck-stop:

HAR HAR!! just found this pic: another close to the interstate. take a good look at the gluttony folks!!

and this wonderful pic, this is what i tend to see so often in my evening drives outside of town. imagine this stretching for as far as the eye can see. it's crazy, i'm telling you...it goes on and on etc!!!
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:00 am

<!--QuoteBegin-The Boy with a thorn in his side+Aug 1 2005, 06:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Boy with a thorn in his side @ Aug 1 2005, 06:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was staying in a hotel in croatia, but i wnet white water rafting, and went on a day trip round serbia and montenegro. I also went drinking on some croatian island an hours journey by boat from any land. We got to this bar, and low and behold I heard "How can someone so young sing words so sad?" Sheila take a bow playing in the arsehole of nowhere. I stood in awe, that was a good night/morning.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
So, you've visited our neighbours then, ED! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> - Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro are all countries from the Balkan area - and so is my country; Serbia is our direct neighbour on the west. I have never travelled abroad myself and have no idea what these places are like - but I hope you've enjoyed your trip; that white water drafting seems exciting <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:16 am

All the pix that are posted here are truly amazing - i like them so much that I've saved them on my hard disk <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

I also managed to find some from my hometown - this is Haskovo at night;

And in the daytime:

Haskovo is known in Bulgaria for the poplar trees - they are its 'distinctive mark', so to speak. There are so many of them alongside the river:

And this is a glimpse at the surrounding area - the Aida mountain:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:42 am

Heh yes it was a very enjoyable holiday, and absoloutely beautiful countries, even in the places that are completely war torn.
As an example, heres a photo I took in Montenegro
Picturesque doesn't do it justice.
Its foggy here at the moment, so I can't take a good photo of my view, but this is how it looks most days, rainy and cold.
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:56 pm

Very nice pics everybody! <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:02 pm

Rather bizarre Ed, but that second picture looks just like the view from my cousin's house. Guess it's just the typical British city look.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Mozzerella » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:06 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-chicken+Aug 2 2005, 08:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chicken @ Aug 2 2005, 08:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->mozzerella:
the picture of your city is wondrous.  i can see a Walt Disney movie set there.  it looks positively captivating.
i want to drive my car across that bridge again, and again, and again.  get some fuel, and repeat.  HAR!!

<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Thanks, but you too? Why is it that I don't see anything Disney-like in it?
Do you have some kind of fixation on driving across bridges, by the way? <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:08 pm

Yeah, pretty typical, bricks, tiled rooves, a few factories, rain clouds...
It can be rather nice though, for example when it snows. then I like my view.
Alton really isnt very interesting, which is a bit annoying really
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:10 pm

Alton, eh...any towers?

(Seriously, is that where it is? Somewhere round Stoke way? I'm guessing...)
Last edited by elko on Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:25 pm

Nah, nowhere near it.
Does provide a good chucle when someone drives down the highstreet and pulls over to ask for directions to the theme park. "The motorways that way, get driving mate"
They don't look impressed but it cracks me up everytime.
The Alton I live in is near guildford, and is an hours journey to London Waterloo by train.
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:26 pm

You mean you actually get people driving round thinking that Alton Towers is somewhere round there? <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->

Anyways, I know where Guilford is, so I could probably squash you on a map now.
elko
Site Admin

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:33 pm

I know.
Surely you'd do some planning and actually work out where you are going before setting off on a day trip. Sometimes I despair at our "civilised" society, but sometimes I just wet myself laughing.
Owww!
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat