[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Where are you from?

Where are you from?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby chicken » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:18 am

jethro tull?
(whom i adore and have an addictive collection thereof)
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:09 am

could be, i know he played the croppedy music festival which is about 10 minutes outside of banbury
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:31 am

<!--QuoteBegin-helmoz+Aug 13 2005, 06:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (helmoz @ Aug 13 2005, 06:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->the pier is nice, and theres a few beautiful old buildings in the town centre, but the rest of it looks like every other british town, e.g. the high street has all these big chain shops (marks and spencer, woolworths, jjb sports, mvc, mcdonalds, etc.) which you can find in every UK town. lots of english high streets look the same as each other. the suburbs where i live are ok, but theres council estates on the outskirts which are grotty places (avoid!). theres some beautiful buildings in the town centre which is one of the older parts of the town, unfortunately loads have been knocked down to build blocks of flats, which look exactly the same as the flats in every other UK town. it's like, one day every town will look the same, cos theyll all have the same shops and flats!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You'd hate the stucco that's used to build most homes here. And I think some of the flats might look nicer than the ugly 'apartments' we have, the old ones anyway. I don't even think there are any in Kansas, eh chicken?

elko, you'll not ruin my romantic vision of England! Such a realist, you are. Actually, a closer look reveals that Swindon's not too bad. Green and lush, I don't see any stucco, the brick makes anything (even those council estates) look decent. Roundabouts, that must be those roads that loop around. Horrible. I've driven those in the middle of Boston, packed with cars. Just as bad as the streets in every American city's downtown (city centre) where the streets travel one way, as opposed to two-way streets. Makes no sense.

Last post for the night, but there's no one to say good night to. <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:32 am

Aw, good night rubygirl, don't know how long you've been on! <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:34 am

I'm up in Edinburgh, Scotland but I started out in a town called Bury in Greater Manchester, I spent quite a bit of my life in the Manchester area though but I prefer it up here, family is still scattered around Greater Manchester so I get to visit quite often especially in the football season. <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:35 pm

Ooh, lovely Scotland. Be sure to post a pic up here sometime. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:47 am

<!--QuoteBegin-clarky+Aug 16 2005, 12:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clarky @ Aug 16 2005, 12:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

that is a cartridge shop down the road from my place

Ride a cock horse to
Banbury Cross,
To see a fine lady
upon a white horse,
With rings on her fingers and bells on her toes,
She shall have music
where-ever she goes"

that ring a bell for anyone? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> a cartridge shop..whooooo!

and yes, i knew i was right about that nursery rhyme. and indeed ed, you are ridiculously immature! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by the_queen_is_dead on Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:58 am

Montevideo harbor, Uruguay. Montevideo is at the mouth of the Rio de la Plata, across and somewhat downstream from Buenos Aires.

ImageImage
Image Image

And well, you must know my compatriot Diego Forlan:
ImageImage
Last edited by Truman Capote on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alex » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:57 pm

I live in Groningen <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:21 pm

Good for you, as it seems really beautiful, Alex! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Truman Capote+Feb 8 2006, 01:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Truman Capote @ Feb 8 2006, 01:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

ImageImage
Image Image

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh, other glorious places!! <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo--> I love this thread.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mr-Shankly » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:40 pm

Town Hall, im not sure why but I love this picture.

The Stockport Pyramid.
Names, secret names. But never in my favour.
Mr-Shankly
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alex » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:33 am

Nice pictures <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:18 pm

wow, neat pics <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->

here's some pix of where i live now...

my hall

this is a 360 degree pic of one of the other duryard halls (murray house), its similar to the one im in (jessie montgomery house).

a 360 degree image of your average duryard room. mine has the added luxury of plaster on the walls <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

a 360 image of the dining hall. it has nice views out the window.

we can see the river exe from here - we cant see this bit in the photo (thats further north) but the view is a bit like this picture.

this is the bit of the exe that we can see, although ive never seen it from this angle.

this is the exe at the quay. it looks very peaceful and quiet during the day, but one of the buildings on the left hand side of the second pic is a nightclub!

the cathedral, in town.
Last edited by helmoz on Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:28 pm

the uni campus (the greenest campus in britain, apparently).

this is also on campus: the building in the foreground that looks like a spaceship is called the peter chalk centre and they have some lectures and a cafe there, and the tall white building in the background is the physics department.

this is a rip-off of the carlsberg beer logo and slogan! theres loads of merchandise like this...

the sinks in the loos of one of the labs here are really unusual and are said to have been the inspiration for the sinks in one of the harry potter books and films. also gryffindor is said to be based on moberly house (one of the duryard halls) and diagon alley is apparently based on gandy street in town (home of one of my fave shops, martian records!).

with a lot more work and a little bit of luck, that should be me in a couple of years time.

the bar in the lemon grove (known as the lemmy), the campus nightclub.
Last edited by helmoz on Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat