Dream thread

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby elko » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:24 pm

The other week dreamt I was Thom Yorke, in a strange marshland, and this pacifist tribe that lived there were trying to move all the tourists but without touching them. They were running around in big groups with their arms outstretched, just trying to shoo everyone away. Was a very cool dream that I didn't want to read too much into.
elko
Site Admin

Postby helmoz » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:39 pm

elko wrote:The other week dreamt I was Thom Yorke, in a strange marshland, and this pacifist tribe that lived there were trying to move all the tourists but without touching them. They were running around in big groups with their arms outstretched, just trying to shoo everyone away. Was a very cool dream that I didn't want to read too much into.

:lol:

i had a scary dream last night :ph34r: i dreamt about putting up halloween decorations in our flat - we really did do that, but the ones in my dream were different. in my dream we put up these things on the walls saying stuff like "cursed flat - enter at own risk!" for a laugh (in real life we did put a sign on the door saying "haunted house - do not enter!" - it was made of totally different material to the signs in the dream though) and then the flat really did get cursed (the things we put on the walls were changed by the curse too). weird stuff started happening like one of the tv channels suddenly changed and showed the outside of a house at night, pete recognised the house so he was watching/hypnotised by it, and i was like "no dont watch it, youll get cursed, the tv has been posessed, destroy it, i'll buy a new one, money no object!" - it was really spooky, a bit like "the ring" or something. there was this thing (a demon or whatever) that was going to kill us one by one or make us turn against each other and kill each other, soemthing like that. i forget all the details now, but when i woke up i remembered everything. one bit i do remember well is phoning up MI5 and asking if they had a torchwood/x-files -style department for dealing with the paranormal (or as i, in my panic, oh-so-eloquently called it, "weird shit!"). then as i was waking up i wondered "why didnt we just ring up accommodation services and ask them to move us to another flat until the evil stuff in our flat stopped?"
as i said, it's pretty vague now, but i just remember it was really eeeevil and i was scared! :unsure: oh well, back to life in the lovely lovely flat-of-love now! :P
Last edited by helmoz on Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:29 am

helmoz wrote: then as i was waking up i wondered "why didnt we just ring up accommodation services and ask them to move us to another flat until the evil stuff in our flat stopped?"

do that exact thing next time the dream happens (if it does). i believe what wiki has to say about "lucid dreams" may be worth your attention, as you clearly are attuned to your dreams. (i've taught clients to dream lucidly to conquer nightmares before, with great success.)
though your dreams may be uncomfortable, i relish reading about them. thanks for sharing!!

:ph34r:
i've no dreams to share.
i'm so repressed. :P
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby kurt » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:42 pm

Hmm this isnt really a dream but last week i woke up in the night on the floor, i just really couldn't be arsed getting back in my bed, fell to sleep again, still on the floor. The next morning i woke up back in my bed! I was well freaked out!
Last edited by kurt on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div align="left"><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->Everything you say to me takes me One step closer to the edge</div>

<div align="right">and I'm about to break<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
kurt
Supreme

Postby this_charming_girl » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:59 pm

im sure its to be expected but i keep having dreams that im receiving uni letters and im getting really confused as to what i have actually received in real life haha! :D oh how stressful!

Stefi x
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby kurt » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:29 pm

Haha i hate dreams when you think their real, there was a dream i had where i was fighting zombies and avoiding being bitten, its was fun because i could go into any abandoned shop and get a new wardrobe filler :lol: until i got bitten by one of course <_< i woke up right after, i wanted to know what its like to be a zombie! :D

weird i know :P
Last edited by kurt on Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div align="left"><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->Everything you say to me takes me One step closer to the edge</div>

<div align="right">and I'm about to break<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
kurt
Supreme

Postby helmoz » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:55 pm

i often think my dreams are real too, and as im waking up im trying to work out whats real and what isnt. whenever someone mentions lucid dreams, i always think of someone i went to school with who told me that he once had a dream where he was sitting on a chair in an empty room and he knew he was dreaming and he was bored of this dream and wanted to wake up. he hates boredom so the dream seemed to go on for hours even though it only lasted a few minutes.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:02 pm

this_charming_girl wrote:im sure its to be expected but i keep having dreams that im receiving uni letters and im getting really confused as to what i have actually received in real life haha! :D oh how stressful!

Stefi x

Haha! I've been doing similar recently, just dreaming about the really dull, menial stuff that happens to me day to day. Nothing stressful, just stuff like answering phones, walking down the road, talking to my friends. I think my brain is too tired to make up original storylines for me.
elko
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:14 pm

elko wrote:<!--quoteo(post=36355:date=Nov 7 2006, 06:59 PM:name=this_charming_girl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(this_charming_girl @ Nov 7 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]36355[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
im sure its to be expected but i keep having dreams that im receiving uni letters and im getting really confused as to what i have actually received in real life haha! :D oh how stressful!

Stefi x

Haha! I've been doing similar recently, just dreaming about the really dull, menial stuff that happens to me day to day. Nothing stressful, just stuff like answering phones, walking down the road, talking to my friends. I think my brain is too tired to make up original storylines for me.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

traditionally psychological research has maintained that one function of dreaming is to review the events of the day as a way to sort out what needs to go into the long-term memory file.

but a new maverick theory has come out proposing the exact opposite!! it's very complex, but basically says that those "normal day-to-day boring" dreams actually serve the purpose of deleting meaningless data from our heads. in a way, this new theory is actually better science...but it rocks the establishment.

as for confusing dreams with real life, that is one of my many middle names :P
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:39 am

Handsome Devil wrote:Haha i hate dreams when you think their real, there was a dream i had where i was fighting zombies and avoiding being bitten, its was fun because i could go into any abandoned shop and get a new wardrobe filler :lol: until i got bitten by one of course <_< i woke up right after, i wanted to know what its like to be a zombie! :D

I would imagine it would be like having your foot fall asleep... only everywhere. And apparently being hungry for new types of food that you haven't ever eaten before (most likely) like nice, squishy human brains
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:28 am

chicken wrote:
traditionally psychological research has maintained that one function of dreaming is to review the events of the day as a way to sort out what needs to go into the long-term memory file.

but a new maverick theory has come out proposing the exact opposite!! it's very complex, but basically says that those "normal day-to-day boring" dreams actually serve the purpose of deleting meaningless data from our heads. in a way, this new theory is actually better science...but it rocks the establishment.

as for confusing dreams with real life, that is one of my many middle names :P

ooh thats fascinating! i love dreams and how nobody can really know what the hell theyre all about?! i think i agree with the tradition reason, sounds more likely but hey what do i know, ive never studied psychology or anything so i really have no grounds for that opinion haha!

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby kurt » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:43 pm

Pashernate_Lover wrote:<!--quoteo(post=36468:date=Nov 8 2006, 08:29 PM:name=Handsome Devil)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Handsome Devil @ Nov 8 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]36468[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Haha i hate dreams when you think their real, there was a dream i had where i was fighting zombies and avoiding being bitten, its was fun because i could go into any abandoned shop and get a new wardrobe filler :lol: until i got bitten by one of course <_< i woke up right after, i wanted to know what its like to be a zombie! :D

I would imagine it would be like having your foot fall asleep... only everywhere. And apparently being hungry for new types of food that you haven't ever eaten before (most likely) like nice, squishy human brains
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sounds good! :P

kurt
Supreme

Postby chicken » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:18 pm

zombie dreams: i had one about two years ago that still sticks with me. in the dream all hell was breaking lose, some sort of war (i was armed heavily with weapons). every friend i found eventually turned out to be a zombie and i had to kill them. even soldiers and policemen were turning into zombies.
funny thing is that i told one of the students at the uni about it, and he sent me a link to a website that said any dream about friends turning into zombies meant that i was not accepting my true sexual orientation. :lol:

"if it is on the internet, it must be true." :ph34r:

though there is more research pointing towards dreams serving the purpose of integrating memories, i tend to agree with the other theory, that 'normal' dreams basically clear the cache, per se--mainly because of how the electrical cycles work in the brain during dreaming. any period of silence means a weakened connection, and REM (dreaming) sleep actually has more periods of silence than activity.
:blink:
then again, i also believe us hairless apes know far less than what we think we do. how long was the world round before we figured it out? and to know that the last burning at the stake was a mere 120 (give or take)years ago? holy cow :blink: [insert Spanish Inquisition picture as you'd like]

keep those dreams coming, i love reading about them. :wub: :wub:
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby kurt » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm

haha its weird this but i had two dreams very similar with some girl in it :/ really strange, i saw some girl about my age then woke up wondering what the hell happened, a week or two later i see the EXACT same girl in my dream and i wake up again!

really strange stuff

o.0

kurt
Supreme

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:57 pm

do you mean a girl you actually know or just a random person?! thats quite wierd i must say, maybe its a sign, look out for her haha :P :D

i woke up last night thinking my alarm was going off and actually got out of bed and went over to it, just to realise it wasnt making any noise and id simply dreamt it,grrr thats how frustrating! it was about 5.30 too!

this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat