Dream thread

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Boxguy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:47 pm

this_charming_girl wrote:i woke up last night thinking my alarm was going off and actually got out of bed and went over to it, just to realise it wasnt making any noise and id simply dreamt it,grrr thats how frustrating! it was about 5.30 too!

I wish I could think of 5:30 as being too early to get up, but alas, that's when I usually get up, sometimes ever earlier. :(

I've had a similar experience with hearing alarms in my sleep, but my experience is with music in my dreams blending into the sound of the alarm. One experience that sticks out in my mind is where I was watching a symphony concert playing a slow movement of a piece in a minor key. When the last measure was played they orchestra held the final note for an awful long time, longer than they should. Then I realized it was my alarm holding that final note. :ph34r:

As far as recurring people in my dreams, I have had this one red-haired girl show up in at least a couple of my dreams this week. I don't know for sure how she fits into my experiences, since she doesn't look like anyone I know.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:16 am

Boxguy wrote:As far as recurring people in my dreams, I have had this one red-haired girl show up in at least a couple of my dreams this week. I don't know for sure how she fits into my experiences, since she doesn't look like anyone I know.

freud would say simple wish fulfillment, a crude product of the Id.
transpersonal psychology would suggest you listen to/watch her for she may be an Inner Guide.

had a bad dream over the weekend about my neighbors messing with my property and my belongings. when i looked out the south windows of my house (where i have a huge patch of gnarly lawn) all sorts of odd things were strewn about. the things/contraptions/structures were all made of wood, sometimes simply tree branches fastened together. what dominated the scene were several rabbit hutches, several black and grey Dutch floppy's were in each hutch. i distinctly remember thinking during the dream: "i don't own any rabbits now, how many years has it been...."
then things got fuzzy, but i awoke with a start worrying over whether the rabbits would be killed. :(
this one is quite high on the "Bizarre Dreams Of Chicken" list. :P
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:27 am

Bad bad dream. Terrible dream.

I dreamt I got back with my ex boyfriend and we were happy and in love and felt wonderful and complete together.

The thing is, we most certainly weren't and it was WONDERFUL waking up to find it to be false. I woke up in terror thinking "NOOO! What have I done??? Left Bryan for Andrew?? Shit!!!!!" and then had the sheer joy and relief of finding it to be wrong. Funny how a dream that was happy in sleep was so awful in waking hours :P :P
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:10 am

ive been eating a lot of cheese lately.
last night i dreamt about being shot at, and walking barefoot in the dark on my own to my local pub in worthing (2 different dreams in the same night). the night before that, i dreamt that i was listening to die toten hosen and beethoven and then i went out with 2 of my flatmates and 1 of our mates and we ended up in a field or park, which was slightly muddy and hilly, and there were balloons floating about so we caught them and they made us fly (like winnie the pooh!), which was cool at first, but got a bit scary when they made us fly higher than we wanted to, so we had to get in control and make sure we flew high enough to get over the mud but not so high that we burnt up in the atmosphere (i think this dream might represent drink/drugs?).
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Fri May 11, 2007 11:53 pm

had a bad dream this week that i had to get my appendix removed again.

i was trying to wake up from the anesthesia to find nurses holding me down. one said: "your appendix grew back and it was big. you need to be careful because you have a ten-inch incision!"
needless to say, i was in a state of immediate panic in the dream.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sat May 12, 2007 12:38 am

chicken wrote:had a bad dream this week that i had to get my appendix removed again.

i was trying to wake up from the anesthesia to find nurses holding me down. one said: "your appendix grew back and it was big. you need to be careful because you have a ten-inch incision!"
needless to say, i was in a state of immediate panic in the dream.

I enjoyed that operation. I love general anesthesia.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:33 am

The past couple of nights I've had a recurring theme in my dreams where I'm put on stage in a lead role of a play or musical and expected to perform the role without knowing or barely knowing any of the lines and/or any of the songs. Last night it was Charlie Brown in You're a good man, Charlie Brown. :blink:
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:39 am

Boxguy wrote:The past couple of nights I've had a recurring theme in my dreams where I'm put on stage in a lead role of a play or musical and expected to perform the role without knowing or barely knowing any of the lines and/or any of the songs. Last night it was Charlie Brown in You're a good man, Charlie Brown. :blink:

Sounds like regular theatre to me! :P ... plus I would definately pay to see that- just imagine it! A whole cast that knows every line, song and dance except for the unsuspecting lead :-P

Hm... but those sound like stressful dreams, being put on the spot like that.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:13 pm

I had a dream that Tru came to visit and he was really small with no facial hair and a really dorky shirt and he owned a tattoo parlor. I got 3 tattoos from it but the two cool ones disappeared and the giant, hideous bird thing stayed. He asked me if I liked his tattoo parlor and I told him it sucked and showed him the bird and he agreed. My Santa Cruz friends all looked really weird, too- but they liked him a lot. Then I woke up.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mr-Shankly » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:24 pm

Dreamt I was at a Lionel Richie gig, in a mosh pit. :D
Names, secret names. But never in my favour.
Mr-Shankly
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:24 am

^ heh, i'm trying to imagine a moshpit at a lionel richie gig :D

lately i've been having dreams about being in TV shows. a few weeks ago, i dreamt 2 or 3 nights in a row that i was in "black books." about a week later i had a dream i was in "spaced." then about a week after that i dreamt i was in "eastenders."
:blink: could there be a specific meaning to these dreams, or do i just watch too much telly?
Last edited by helmoz on Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Re: Dream thread

Postby rorschach » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:58 am

Too much Telly. I watch loads of TV but I don't seem to have any TV related dreams :(
Freedom is the only way, yeah

http://www.pbfcomics.com/
rorschach
Advanced

Previous

Return to General Chat