Where did your username come from?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:07 pm

Miserableliar

From The Smith's song 'Miserable Lie'. When I joined, the song was playing on my computer so there you have it, my marvellous story <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:19 pm

Fascinating stuff Matt, really, but nice thread.

My name is Ellis. As I recall, someone misheard 'El' as 'Elk', and that was that. At various times it was 'Elkminton', 'Elkster' and 'Elkmeister', but Elko stuck a bit and I started using it for various online things. Only a few people call me it now, but it works fine as a forum name and things.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:21 pm

Ah well nice one Ellis (although I nearly died with boredom <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->), your username has now lost it's charm abit though, wouldn't you say?
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:24 pm

Nope!

Charming as ever, fella.

*winks*
elko
Site Admin

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:35 pm

A friend called me this a few days before I found this place (with no intented smiths connection) He rang me while I was signing on and i figured it would be good. I was wrong, it just looks like I messed up <!--emo&<_<-->Image<!--endemo-->

I had always wondered about your name Elko, never got round to asking.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby HandsomeDevil » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:09 pm

I chose HandsomeDevil because of the Smiths song....obviously <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
xx
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby Perfect Drug » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:02 pm

Well, a long time ago, on a forum I had to find a name. And since I was playing NIN's "The Perfect Drug" and Trent was singing You are the Perfect Drug, the Perfect Drug, The Perfect Drug . It... happened.
Last edited by Perfect Drug on Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>At all events when, after many hours, the door was opened and people thronged in, they found the murderer unconscious and in a raging fever. The prince was sitting by him, motionless, and each time that the sick man gave a laugh, or a shout, he hastened to pass his own trembling hand over his companion's hair and cheeks, as though trying to soothe and quiet him. But alas he understood nothing of what was said to him, and recognized none of those who surrounded him.</span>
Perfect Drug
Supreme

Postby Mr-Shankly » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:04 pm

You should of stuck with Elkminton. I would be honoured to have such a grand title.

Mine speaks for itself reall.y
Names, secret names. But never in my favour.
Mr-Shankly
Smiths Nut!

Postby Herzeleid » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:20 pm

it means heartache in german. and is the name of Rammstein's debut album a band which i am rather fond of.
Herzeleid
Regular

Postby scavenger » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:43 pm

My username comes from two different songs. Originally its from the song Take You On A Cruise by Interpol. The line is "I am the scavenger between the sheets of union." Although I think that may have negative connotations and I am in no way related to the breaking up of any marriage, Ive always loved the way the vocals and guitars blend at that point in the song. Second, my username is also from Seasick yet still docked. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> I would like to change it though, Im tired of it now.
Oh, but don't mention love
I'd hate the pain of the strain all over again
A rush and a push and the land that
We stand on is ours
It has been before
So why can't it be now?
And people who are weaker than you or I
They take what they want from life
scavenger
Supreme

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:17 pm

take a guess, and you'll probably be right.

<!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> elko. 'elkmeister'.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-scavenger+Sep 26 2005, 09:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scavenger @ Sep 26 2005, 09:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> My username comes from two different songs. Originally its from the song Take You On A Cruise by Interpol. The line is "I am the scavenger between the sheets of union." Although I think that may have negative connotations and I am in no way related to the breaking up of any marriage, Ive always loved the way the vocals and guitars blend at that point in the song. Second, my username is also from Seasick yet still docked. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> I would like to change it though, Im tired of it now. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
If you do want it changed, just say to what, and thy will be done.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Grim O'Grady » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:40 pm

Well mine hmmmmn...
Grim = grim up North (so it kinda gives my location away) & in the sense of opposites as I'm not grim (well maybe sometimes hee-hee)
O'Grady = well I wanted to celebrate my Irish roots (of Irish blood & English heart) but I couldn't use my Mams maiden name as it would give away half my security passwords heehee but it's def' an O'something.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:58 pm

i use chicken on every forum i belong to.
it comes from my video gaming club, because the computer i built is small enough to be a "toaster" (which is one of the nicknames assigned to them), and i flippantly said one day that it could probably toast a chicken. those present found that rather amusing, so my computer was then dubbed the "chicken toaster". since the vast majority of video gamers adopt handles that are supposed to be threatening or intimidating, i wanted to be different and just call myself chicken. sometimes i go by the handle "coelacanth", which is a long and convulted story. (look that up on wikipedia <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> )
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:27 am

I sat there musing over what to call myself on this forum...something with Morrissey, but something with a ring. I looked through every song I had and saw Pashernate Love and decided that it would be ironic if I were to choose PashernateLover as my name for a few reasons... the main being that I am a straight edge and therefore I am never really anyones "lover" (at least not yet). I had a laugh or two over it, chose it and got a screen name to honor that and confuse everyone that has ever met me :-P
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to General Chat