ASK

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:32 pm

Walnuts for sure!

A bit of philosophy... name one statement from a philosopher that really sounds awesome to you.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:24 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:A bit of philosophy... name one statement from a philosopher that really sounds awesome to you.

Josiah Royce was America's leading philosopher upon the death of William James. i studied his works when i did an independent study on the nature of evil. his comment is about virtue, and he defined it in terms of "how one rightly deals with one's own temptations."

as a psychologist, i have little choice but to support that to no end.
i think it was 1986 or so when i first read his words.

Q: do you have a "first memory"? care to share? mine is my mother singing with the radio to "Hey Jude" in 1968.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ishihara » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:47 am

chicken wrote:<!--quoteo(post=42403:date=Sep 13 2007, 10:32 PM:name=Cracked Pleasures)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cracked Pleasures @ Sep 13 2007, 10:32 PM) [snapback]42403[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
A bit of philosophy... name one statement from a philosopher that really sounds awesome to you.

Q: do you have a "first memory"? care to share? mine is my mother singing with the radio to "Hey Jude" in 1968.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My first plane ride, I was 18 months old, my grandfather bought me a wooden toy made in Finland, which I still have, I can clearly remember rolling it up and down the window of the plane, I can also remember seeing the emergency sheet, with the people in the yellow raft.

Q: Do you remember your first kiss? Details please...
...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby yandee » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:44 pm

Not too long ago, so I guess I'll still remember. On the comfy-chair in my room (no, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition in the first place :D ) as it grows dark. Listening to a Leonard Cohen record, I think it was "Famous Blue Raincoat". Me on my chair at the desk. A very strange almost therapy kind of situation talking about the problems in our lives. As the sky turns dark, she asks me something, I don't really get it, so I just pretend I wouldn't answer it. She says: You know quite well when it's best to refuse an answer. I asked her what she had asked in the first place and she says with her broken voice: "I aksed if I could kiss you." My mouth went dry, I couldn't speak I just nodded and let her kiss me.
Didn't really think that it was a proper kiss. I really thought that she wanted to kiss me in order to feel a little less lonley.
So the first proper kiss was a week later, on her birthday. I lay on her bed as she bowed over me and kissed me. I was totally freaked out, didn't know what to do, so I just let her kiss me again and then I got up and said "That should be enough for this time." What a bad line for a first kiss. It's like you imagine the worst things you can say after a kiss and you can be pretty sure I will say them. :D "Oh I can smile about it now, but at the time it was terrible" B)

Q: Do you remember what you said after your first kiss?

the one I love
yandee
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ishihara » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:11 pm

yandee wrote:
Q: Do you remember what you said after your first kiss?

Yup, "Marry Me" what can I say I was young...

Q: during your first sexual encounter, did you let your partner know it was your first time?
...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby chicken » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Shintaro Ishihara wrote:Q: during your first sexual encounter, did you let your partner know it was your first time?

there was no need to. we both knew we were experimenting for the first time with each other; i was a bit of a youngling--even for my generation. :unsure:

Q: if you won the lottery big, would you give any money to a charity?
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:12 am

chicken wrote:Q: if you won the lottery big, would you give any money to a charity?

(in an effort to get this going again)

why, yes, i would. i would donate money to <a href="http://www.drepung.org/Monastery.cfm" target="_blank">this place.</a> i've been supporting one of these guys for several years now :P

in regard to the holiday season: what do you like most about it? least?
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:36 pm

Winter holiday or summer holiday?

Winter holiday: I like the decorations all over the city, the early darkness at night, the cosy christmas markets with free Glühwein (wine) to taste :D But I dislike the christmas songs (most of them are crap, let's face the fact) and the whole mellowness about it.

Summer holiday: swimming in sea makes it all worth it. The feeling of being surrounded by endless water, is an extraordinary feeling of freedom.

Next question:

Would you ever consider going to a nude beach?

(I ask this question because I was asked it myself last week... a colleague knows a pool where people go swimming naked in heated water. Mixed even, so men and women all together and all naked! As much as I like the looks of the female body, I declined the offer because I hate the part of being naked myself)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:25 pm

Yes, I would consider it, but I don't think that people would be too fond of seeing my body. Also I wouldn't really want to go to one by myself unless it were small, such as what CP described or something such as a lakeside beach; I'd feel much more comfortable going with a friend if it were a large one.

Since Christmastime is upon us, and some of us will likely be traveling over the next few days/weeks, would you care to share any less than stellar travel experiences?
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:35 pm

Boxguy wrote:Since Christmastime is upon us, and some of us will likely be traveling over the next few days/weeks, would you care to share any less than stellar travel experiences?

i believe my travels yesterday could be characterized as less than stellar. i was actually run into the median of a 4-lane highway by some newbie kid who thought a 35 mph speed zone called for no slowing down--that little puke!! i laid on the horn heavily and when that didn't work, i had no choice.
so upon recovery, i turned on my high-beam headlights and rode his bumper for a mile or so; i feel immature and juvenile for doing it now--but at the time it felt awesome (amidst the excessive cursing) :P

what do you want for the holidays?
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:49 am

chicken wrote:<!--quoteo(post=42985:date=Dec 21 2007, 08:25 PM:name=Boxguy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boxguy @ Dec 21 2007, 08:25 PM) [snapback]42985[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Since Christmastime is upon us, and some of us will likely be traveling over the next few days/weeks, would you care to share any less than stellar travel experiences?

i believe my travels yesterday could be characterized as less than stellar. i was actually run into the median of a 4-lane highway by some newbie kid who thought a 35 mph speed zone called for no slowing down--that little puke!! i laid on the horn heavily and when that didn't work, i had no choice.
so upon recovery, i turned on my high-beam headlights and rode his bumper for a mile or so; i feel immature and juvenile for doing it now--but at the time it felt awesome (amidst the excessive cursing) :P

what do you want for the holidays?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

An acceptance into grad school! Ha! Naw- a but early for that, I want ... uh, I am not very good at wanting things that are tangible so I would have to say kisses, I want kisses for the holidays :)

What do you feel when you hear Christmas music?
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:35 pm

I really dislike christmas songs. With a very very few exceptions, most christmas songs are mellow and full of clichés. Argh...

But then I must add I don't like christmas in general. The cities look so empty and bleak on christmas days because everybody just stays inside and all shops are closed. For me, it is not a pleasant day, apart from the fact that I don't have to work. But my parents are far away from me and I don't really care about the rest of my family (haven't met them in years and have no desire to meet again), and being Atheist means that I don't believe in the religious aspects of christmas. So in general, I don't like christmas because the event means nothing to me and all shops and public places are closed. I was lucky this time that the local goth bar was one of the few places open, so I spent my christmas eve in a goth bar. Much more pleasant than those boring family gatherings of the past...

Christmas music? Not my type of music at all.

Next question:

(Let's try if we have anyone here who can read the future... :D )

Who is going to win the US president elections in 2008?

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:56 am

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Next question:

(Let's try if we have anyone here who can read the future... :D )

Who is going to win the US president elections in 2008?

hhrrmm...
*gazing into crystal balls*

ohhhh...
*reading some tea leaves*

errrmmm...
*patterning moles*

i seee...
*following lines*

sniff, sniff...
*something about chicken bones, which -quite naturally- a-quivers me*

ahhh...
*from bits of bark cast upon earthen spots*

i do not foresee an Republican being elected.
among the Democrats, i fear Hillary will only repeat history........

deep down i direly hope for Obama.

so it is that time of year, folks: resolutions?
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:34 pm

Resolutions...

- getting a girlfriend and one with whom the love lasts (I made the same resolution the last two years but it has to happen someday, no? :unsure: )
- emigrating to Israel or Scandinavia
- further fighting my anxiety disorders
- making CENF a success
- seeing Echo & The Bunnymen a lot of times during their upcoming tour
- finally releasing the website I've been working on for a while

Next question: are you pro or contra euthanasia, and why?

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby WordsAsOldAsSin » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Next question: are you pro or contra euthanasia, and why?

hmm, personally, i dont feel we have the right to play God. Life is a gift and we shouldnt just throw it away.
I understand why people may feel this way but we dont always know whats going to happen in the future, there have been many cases were something was deemed terminal but actually worked out in the end.

So , in my opinion, im contra euthanasia.

Next question: Whats the one thing you're afraid to admit to your friends that you like?
Love is Natural and Real
But not for such as you and I, my love
WordsAsOldAsSin
Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat