Meet-ups

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re: Meet-ups

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:08 pm

If only I were still living in ireland I would happily guide you around. I know Cork and Galway quite well, I know Derry very well, I know Belfast and most of Dublin inside out. Thinking back of it, I even get slightly melancholic. The job I had in Belfast was not that great, but I still enjoyed my 2 years that I lived there, it is a very fascinating city especially when you dig into the artistic scene underground. A lot of happenings below the surface are very much worth seeing.

Ryan, if you have any questions regarding Ireland, please do PM or email me. Especially on Belfast I can tell you about some hidden gems that most tourists don't know about.

PS I once spent the night on the streets of Derry. I went to a concert and the last bus back to Belfast was only the next morning. Silly me thought there would be plenty of hotel rooms available, silly me was totally wrong and had to wander the streets of Derry through the night. You hear a lot of stories about how dangerous it is, but other than a drunk woman shouting some nasty stuff at me I had no issues. Derry is a great city, especially the city walls are a must see!
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 am

I've pondered this for the past few weeks, so I thought I'd go ahead and spit it out:

Since this lovely site that is home to its wonderful international family has now completed five revolutions around the sun it seems that a proper (belated) 5th anniversary international meet-up should be organized. Of course I know that everyone has quite busy schedules and may not be able to make it out, but I would certainly like to see as many of us gather as possible.

Timeframe-wise I'm thinking sometime between now and next May, perhaps when there are coinciding national holidays in the US and parts of Europe (Remembrance/Veterans Day, perhaps?) and in a location that most of us could get to easily, (somewhat) cheaply, and that we would all enjoy meeting up at (Belfast and Derry primarily come to mind for me).

Does that strike anyone's fancy? Hopefully??? :?
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon May 25, 2009 8:07 am

Boxguy wrote:I've pondered this for the past few weeks, so I thought I'd go ahead and spit it out:

Since this lovely site that is home to its wonderful international family has now completed five revolutions around the sun it seems that a proper (belated) 5th anniversary international meet-up should be organized. Of course I know that everyone has quite busy schedules and may not be able to make it out, but I would certainly like to see as many of us gather as possible.

Timeframe-wise I'm thinking sometime between now and next May, perhaps when there are coinciding national holidays in the US and parts of Europe (Remembrance/Veterans Day, perhaps?) and in a location that most of us could get to easily, (somewhat) cheaply, and that we would all enjoy meeting up at (Belfast and Derry primarily come to mind for me).

Does that strike anyone's fancy? Hopefully??? :?

I would love to! Keeping the economy in mind though, I would need a *very* good, very solid job for the next year to afford doing so, but if all 7 planets align and that miraculously happens (amazing how 2 college degrees and a credential to teach still leaves me at the "uhhhh... I hope I am one of the few lucky ones that gets a job" place in my life ) then heck yes, this has been a HUGE part of my life since I was 18
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:16 am

Wonderful Pashy! I'd love if you could come.

Anyone else??? :? I don't really feel like mucking about Derry, Belfast, or wherever alone.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:46 am

Fianlly--- Effin L! Two computers went kerblam and my camera went a bit off the charts for a while... then there was grad school, not there is...*drumroll* this http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?id=6702169&pid=38210776#/album.php?aid=2247010&id=6702169! Via my new computer, with love-- the story of two adventurers setting off into...America!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Yay! I had almost forgotten about those pictures!
Boxguy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat