Meet-ups

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby elko » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:24 pm

Who's coming then...? :unsure:

EDIT:-

For first time viewers of this thread, here's what you need to know.

We're meeting in MANCHESTER, the first weekend of MAY (predominantly Saturday 6th). Initial meeting place is the GMex at 1pm, but you're welcome to join in at anytime! Whatever your involvement with the forum has been, you are more than welcome. Hope to see you there!
Last edited by elko on Thu May 04, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:29 pm

<!--emo&:st:-->Image<!--endemo-->

<!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:angry:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:53 pm

where, when, count me in!

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:56 pm

I think Manchester is the de facto venue, really. As for when, well who knows....it's all rather hypothetical.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Des » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:58 pm

hypothetically then

yes
Des
Advanced

Postby Grim O'Grady » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:38 am

well if I maybe so bold, how about the first weekend in March 2006, it'll give plenty of time to get organised eh? Oh & friday the 3rd is the SnG Smiths/Moz disco, Saturday could be used for a Morrisseys Manchester tour, if there's enough interest I'm pretty sure they'd open up the Salford lads club for a tour & a browse in The Smiths room.
Munroes is cheap for BnB & it's a stones throw from Piccadilly train station & the SnG, & Munroes is a good meeting pub, most others go to Larrys bar (the bullshead) we call it larrys bar because the barman is the double of larry grayson (for those old enough or uk enough to remember him).
So what do folk think?

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:04 am

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Nov 23 2005, 10:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Nov 23 2005, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Who's coming then...? <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh, people, this is such a tempting idea - but I cannot afford it <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
But if at least most of you can manage, it would be great, I presume. <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:32 pm

id love to come <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mr-Shankly » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:04 pm

Me, definitley.
Names, secret names. But never in my favour.
Mr-Shankly
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:17 pm

Traveling to Manchester is verrrrrrrry difficult for a broke, 15 year old southerner.
If I can make it then count me in, but don't hold your breaths. <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:26 pm

I'm in, whenever, sunday, saturday.....
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:56 pm

OH NOES PEOPLE! Save your money! You have to come <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> It's after Christmas so you'll have some money (if you don't spend it all at once!)

But HEY I definitely am! Well, not definitely.. but probably... hopefully!

: D

Matt, if we do, can I meet you on the train or something cause I'm not entirely sure about going to Manchester on my own <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by the_queen_is_dead on Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:11 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-the_queen_is_dead+Nov 24 2005, 07:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_queen_is_dead @ Nov 24 2005, 07:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> OH NOES PEOPLE! Save your money! You have to come <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> It's after Christmas so you'll have some money (if you don't spend it all at once!)

But HEY I definitely am! Well, not definitely.. but probably... hopefully!

: D

Matt, if we do, can I meet you on the train or something cause I'm not entirely sure about going to Manchester on my own <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Haha, sure you can Anne (hehe, that rhymes!) Maybe it'd be best if I met you at the train station, then we could get a coach, one pound return, laughin'!
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:36 pm

Oh yeah!! I saw that one quid return thing, the national Express? I went on them to London and it was bloody uncomfortable and about 8 hours long but Manchester's not too far <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

YAY the coach journey will be hilarious. But bleh I bet I won't want to go home that night <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:10 am

<!--QuoteBegin-the_queen_is_dead+Nov 25 2005, 09:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_queen_is_dead @ Nov 25 2005, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Oh yeah!! I saw that one quid return thing, the national Express? I went on them to London and it was bloody uncomfortable and about 8 hours long but Manchester's not too far <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

YAY the coach journey will be hilarious. But bleh I bet I won't want to go home that night <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
The coach journey will be fun, hehe. We HAVE to listen to The Smiths on the way there.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to General Chat