Meet-ups

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Nov 26 2005, 09:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Nov 26 2005, 09:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-the_queen_is_dead+Nov 25 2005, 09:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_queen_is_dead @ Nov 25 2005, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Oh yeah!! I saw that one quid return thing, the national Express? I went on them to London and it was bloody uncomfortable and about 8 hours long but Manchester's not too far <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

YAY the coach journey will be hilarious. But bleh I bet I won't want to go home that night <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The coach journey will be fun, hehe. We HAVE to listen to The Smiths on the way there. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well DUH...

<!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->

having said all this, i hope i can go.
i'll bring fun things to do on the journey <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> hey long does it take to get there? cause i can't get back too late...
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:32 pm

It sounds wonderful but I live in Dublin and am perpetually devoid of money. But I think anyone who can go should, i've always wanted to do a Smiths tour of Manchester
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:15 pm

i would love to cordially invite everyone to my room, except, er, it's not in manchester. oh well. anyone for a (smiths-themed) rave anyway?
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-the_queen_is_dead+Nov 26 2005, 05:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_queen_is_dead @ Nov 26 2005, 05:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Nov 26 2005, 09:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Nov 26 2005, 09:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-the_queen_is_dead+Nov 25 2005, 09:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_queen_is_dead @ Nov 25 2005, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Oh yeah!! I saw that one quid return thing, the national Express? I went on them to London and it was bloody uncomfortable and about 8 hours long but Manchester's not too far <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

YAY the coach journey will be hilarious. But bleh I bet I won't want to go home that night <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The coach journey will be fun, hehe. We HAVE to listen to The Smiths on the way there. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well DUH...

<!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->

having said all this, i hope i can go.
i'll bring fun things to do on the journey <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> hey long does it take to get there? cause i can't get back too late... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Take about half an hour on the coach. The station is around a dodgy area, having been there on a trip to Leeds, but I can handle me-self, so we shouldn't have a problem! "D'you fuckin' want some?!" - <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:09 pm

Thinking about it, it might take upwards of four hours from my house. Anyone theoretically or hypothetically offering a floor for the night?
elko
Site Admin

Postby Grim O'Grady » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:54 pm

this is a cheap BnB Monroe's Hotel 0161 236 0564. I've never stayed in it so I couldn't tell you what the rooms are like but I've had a few drinks in it pre Star & Garter & the beers ok. It might be worth giving them a ring.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mr-Shankly » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:02 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Nov 28 2005, 02:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Nov 28 2005, 02:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Thinking about it, it might take upwards of four hours from my house. Anyone theoretically or hypothetically offering a floor for the night? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Feel a bit guilty here, you'd be very welcome to stay, but I have a feeling it might be a problem convincing my mother to let a total stranger(to her) in the house.
Names, secret names. But never in my favour.
Mr-Shankly
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:22 pm

No worries mate, I was just asking in case. If I were your mum I wouldn't let me stay either.

Cheers Grim mate I'll have a little look around BnBs and that. All hypothetical though, naturally.
elko
Site Admin

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:03 pm

I'd offer my house as well but my parents would have to somehow be away <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

Well matt, you may be able to handle yourself but you have to make sure no one jumps me! <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> I can do a very intimidating walk if need be <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> Or we could just go in tracksuits and be well 'ard?

hehehe...

But realistically, doesn't it only sound like a couple of people are possibly going?
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:10 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-the_queen_is_dead+Nov 28 2005, 10:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_queen_is_dead @ Nov 28 2005, 10:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'd offer my house as well but my parents would have to somehow be away <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

Well matt, you may be able to handle yourself but you have to make sure no one jumps me! <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> I can do a very intimidating walk if need be <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> Or we could just go in tracksuits and be well 'ard?

hehehe...

But realistically, doesn't it only sound like a couple of people are possibly going? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Anne, no-one would touch yer, i'd well kick their fuc..... well I won't be too cocky, i'm a total pussy, but I reckon we'd be fine.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:14 pm

Aw I wanna come I wanna come.....it'll take me forever to get oop there though....not to mention loadsa cash its one of me things to do before I die to get yo Manchester....
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:18 pm

Where d'you live to again?
elko
Site Admin

Postby tallulahtaurus » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:37 am

brighton mate dahn south....lucky me - although me best friend lives in Leeds....hmmm
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:45 am

I don't even know where Manchester is. So I don't think i'll be coming.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:54 am

well alasbaster, have you heard of Edinburgh, it's the capital of Scotland (try <a href='http://www.google.co.uk/' target='_blank'>google</a> if you are stuck), make your way to here & I'll give you a lift down, there you go problem sorted, it's just a mere 200 miles to Manchester from here.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat