[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Hey, this board just broke a record

Hey, this board just broke a record

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:44 pm

Most users ever online was 24 on Jan 19 2006, 10:24 PM <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->

Where did everyone go though <!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:46 pm

Well, that's always nice! Congratulations everyone <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
elko
Site Admin

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:49 pm

*does dance*

WOOH

what's going on?
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:28 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Alex+Jan 19 2006, 10:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alex @ Jan 19 2006, 10:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Most users ever online was 24 on Jan 19 2006, 10:24 PM <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
wow, 24! Too bad I didn't get to see this...but it's great <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:54 am

That's a good record, but still this is a small board. The people that are posting are all very nice, but this place isn't very active. I counted 256 members, about half have posted only once or haven't posted at all. So, I think what I'm trying to say is that this forum needs some more members and activity <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> But how do you get that to happen <!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:45 pm

Let me know if you work it out.

The forum is still on a very small scale, but there are a few reasons for this and right now I'd much rather we had nice people than lots of people. The old adage 'quality over quantity', and all that.

However, it does strike me that there must be literally millions of Smiths fans around. What annoys me at the moment is that searches for 'smiths forum' on Google do not yield this site until dozens of pages in, and even then it's usually an external link. However this is partly to do with the technical restrictions of the forum's current set-up and at the moment I just can't afford to set the site up independently.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:20 am

What if we mail some people that run Smiths and Morrissey sites and ask them to add a link? Like this site here <a href='http://askmeaskmeaskme.com' target='_blank'>http://askmeaskmeaskme.com</a> I used to visit that a lot, a link to this place might bring in some people. I don't know if that's a good idea and this is not my forum. But it might work. And I'm willing to lend a hand, I have some time to spare <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:00 pm

I think I did e-mail him, but never got a reply.

Of course you are welcome to do whatever you like to promote the forum, it would be much appreciated.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Bref » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:05 pm

I agree with elko, this forum is very personal and everyone is friendly, I much prefer that to breaking records <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:30 pm

I don't really want there to be tons of people on here, we have a good amount now and are adding some slowly, and that's awesome. It has a great atmosphere already and I like all of you guys...
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Return to General Chat