Do you guys ever wonder why there aren't more people?

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:43 am

I run into so many people that love the smiths. And i feel like the overall smiths fan base is pretty enormous. Yet it seems as though this site (although it is thriving) is not reflecting the extensive fan base..

anyone else picking up what i'm putting down?
Dave
Advanced

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:46 am

That's exactly what I like about Strangeways-- it's small enough that we can call eachother by first names often and really get to know one another and have good discussions of topics without the shite bad attitudes of bigger boards. The masses of fans end up on M-Solo, the lucky few of us end up on here-- so yay for us!

Somehow smaller boards feel less antisocial, because people actually respond thoughtfully to other people, and it's a rather beautiful thing.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:16 am

Pashy is right. End this thread now, we won't get a better answer to your question! :lol:
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:21 pm

Fair point Dave. I would like the forum to be busier, or at least I wouldn't mind it - I don't think that popularity means it loses it's intimacy nesseccarily.

But I don't think that personally I can do much more to get the word out. If you think the place could be more populated, the obvious solution would be to tell people about it.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Grim O'Grady » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:20 pm

Pashy is right on the button, but then again Elks is too, if you want more in here then it's up to you to populate, Dave every time you run in to so many Smiths fans tell 'em who & where we are eh?

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:36 pm

I'm simply making an observation and posing a question. I wouldn't want this site buzzing with the thousands. I like it how it is.
Dave
Advanced

Postby Grim O'Grady » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:53 pm

ah-so you're ok with not reflecting the extensive fan base then Dave, good man! It's sound here innit!
We are a lovely bunch of folk, you'll love it here. We invite a few people at a time, you are one of the chosen few, respect!

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:55 pm

Don't worry Dave, I wasn't attempting to counter, and it's and interesting point really. But it's a general suggestion that if you think the site is worth telling someone about....then tell someone ;)
elko
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:56 pm

elko wrote:...it's and interesting point really...

indeed, it is. and it's something i've puzzled over numerous times. i think it has something to do with basic personality types, something to do with the integrity of personal tastes, and something to do with friendships. still trying to figure it out.

it's always interesting when new folks sign up to see how long they last here. which, of course to me, is yet another psychological equation to unravel :huh:
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby JaneSays » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:01 am

A combination of very little happening for the smiths (nothing except a boxset?) and the moz-solo board covering both. Also this is harder to come by than say an official forum.
JaneSays
Supreme

Postby stanyewest » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:54 pm

I found this on wikipedia-THe Smiths.

I was very surprised to see someone I knew from <a href="http://www.mailwatch.co.uk" target="_blank">Mailwatch</a> forum.

I think stuff like F365 do have too many people on them.
most people gaze not into the future or the past;they explore neither truth nor lies. they gaze at the TV.
stanyewest
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:49 am

There are plenty of people on this forum-- that isn't what I wonder about. What I wonder about is when people join and literally say nothing... what is the point of going through joining then?
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:51 am

I wonder about this all the :blink: time too...

it would be cool to have more posts...
Last edited by rubygirl on Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Return to General Chat