The Simpsons appreciation thread

Anything you wanna say, say it!

Re:

Postby elko » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Miserable Liar wrote:I've only seen the bit where you see Bart's penis, my mate won't shut up about it. Bit weird like.

I thought that was the best joke in the film. I think pretty much all the good jokes were in the trailer. And maybe I am the only person in the world who never found 'spider-pig' even slightly funny.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rorschach » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:59 am

elko wrote:
Miserable Liar wrote:I've only seen the bit where you see Bart's penis, my mate won't shut up about it. Bit weird like.

I thought that was the best joke in the film. I think pretty much all the good jokes were in the trailer. And maybe I am the only person in the world who never found 'spider-pig' even slightly funny.

Yep, the only person uin the world.

I can't really remember much of the film anymore other than the fact that it was piss-poor. Did anyone actually think it was going to be any good?
Freedom is the only way, yeah

http://www.pbfcomics.com/
rorschach
Advanced

Re: The Simpsons appreciation thread

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:17 pm

I had not too much expectations but you somehow always hope for the best. That said, I thought it was OK, not really that good but also not bad. Given the rather inspirationless last season on TV, I had feared the film would be a lot worse than it actually turned out to be. At some points it was just a tiny bit unrealistic even for Simpsons standards. The worst mistake about the film was to focus so much on the family while brilliant characters like Mr Burns, Barney, Lovejoy, etc were hardly used. I could count the words Burns said on the fingers of both hands. Only Flanders was in the picture often aside from the Simpsons themselves.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Re: The Simpsons appreciation thread

Postby HeavenKnowsImMozzerable » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:14 pm

I don't watch Simpsons often, but with the few episodes I know I can appreciate their greatness.

I have many favourite characters... Maggie, the Comic Book Guy and Homer himself... I identify myself with Apu, though :D

Dunno about quotes, but my favourite scene is definitely the one where Homer votes for Obama... or at least tries to, haha
I wanna go home... I don't want to stay... give up life as a BAD MISTAKE...

Life is good; and I feel great. 'Cause mother says I was a great mistake.
HeavenKnowsImMozzerable
Regular

Previous

Return to General Chat