The Smiths (eponymous)

Discuss each of the albums here.

Postby JNP369 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:17 pm

Your favourite track: Suffer Little Children. I just recently understood what this song is in reference to. This song just makes me feel. That is what all songs should do to you, feel something, anything.

Your worst track: I love this album, but Hand in Glove is my least favorite. I can't put a finger on why.

Best lyric: "No, I've never had a job, Because I've never wanted one" Screw you for judging me. I do not need reason for anything or everything. Plus it is funny.

Song/lyric/line you relate to most/has relevance to you: "It's time the tale were told of how you took a child
And you made him old ", This may not be what he was meaning, but... I coach youth soccer and some of the parents just push their kids to be so good that they tend to lose some of their young part of life and made to feel older than they are. Allow kids to make mistakes as they learn more from why they spilling something on a page of a schoolbook than the actual writing on the page. I hope this makes some sense??

Overall opinion of album, how it compares to others, etc.: First albums are usually my favorite as a bit more time is usually spent on making the record, thus making it more real and not rushed to be completed. It is like a pastie is better from an oven than a microwave. Also, when a first album is made, it comes after a lot of trial and error in concert and the songs sound more like a song and less like making a track.

Jeff
JNP369

Postby atomium » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:39 pm

Your favourite track:
“This Charming Man” and “Hand in Glove”. I also think “Reel Around the Fountain” is very good here, and such great lyrics!

Your worst track:
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, I like it, but the other songs means more to me, so therefore it’s got to be that one.

Best lyric:

Hand in glove
We can go wherever we please
And everything depends upon
How near you stand to me

And if the people stare
Then the people stare
Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care

Song/lyric/line you relate to most/has relevance to you:

And if the people stare
Then the people stare
Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care

When I was younger people would always mock me because I had a short hair cut, at first I was really bothered be this, but then my grand father said something that resembled this..When I heard the lyrics it made me think of that time.

Overall opinion of album, how it compares to others, etc.:

I love it! Still, it’s not my favourite album, simply because I find Hatful more exciting.
atomium
Supreme

Postby Hidden by Rags » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:39 pm

Your favourite track: Tricky, but I’ll go for “Still Illâ€
Hidden by Rags
Regular

Previous

Return to Album By Album