Week 5: Rubygirl

In which a member is mercilessly questioned by the rest of us....for fun!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:34 am

Our 5th member of the week is our girl Ruby :). Please PM me your questions and I will send them to her on Saturday night California time.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:00 pm

Can I ask for a little change of plan here - it seems that I'll be leaving town early on Sunday morning ...and I don't know if I'll have access to the Internet where I'm going - and if I do, it'll be very limited, so

would it be possible to receive the answers by Saturday evening (that means, around noon in America) - so I could answer them before I leave? :huh:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:04 pm

rubygirl wrote:Can I ask for a little change of plan here - it seems that I'll be leaving town early on Sunday morning ...and I don't know if I'll have access to the Internet where I'm going - and if I do, it'll be very limited, so

would it be possible to receive the answers by Saturday evening (that means, around noon in America) - so I could answer them before I leave? :huh:

Can do :)
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:47 am

Most of the forum is happily asleep at home right now-- it's 3:45 in Elko's area and I have to go to a doctors appointment tomorrow which means noooo internet, meaning that I have to send Ruby's Q's 12 hours early. Sorry if you didn't get to properly anonymously abuse her yet :-P but hey, at least she'll give us 26 good responses now! *files- sent.*
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:25 am

<!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Comic Sans Ms--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms"><!--/fonto-->And now, 26 fabulous questions about RUBYGIRL!!!! *firecrackers*<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

a.What is/are your political philosophy/beliefs?

Uhh, I am thrown directly into the deep wink.gif
I don’t consider myself a political person – not in the sense of following any political movement/ agenda. Though maybe I could be counted as liberal.
I believe people should have the freedom to express themselves the way they want – and pursue their own unique definition of happiness – that is, if they don’t interfere with other people’s happiness/ rights. And I don’t think this is so hard to achieve – if you have real regard for the others and their needs, and realize we are not really different on a basic level, it should come naturally.

b. Your perfect man would be...

Hmm, I don’t believe in perfection wink.gif
And I don’t want to give definitions, as they set limits wink.gif
But still, the men who appeal to me are ones who are strongly independent, I respect that in people a lot (maybe too much for my own good)– but also likely to seek and embrace personal change/ growth, and really enjoy the variety in life and in people the way I do. And are passionate about things the way I am. wink.gif Actually I like to be provoked, to be lead to see things – and myself differently; this could be a major turn-on for me. As is dark hair wink.gif Apart from that, I don’t really care about classical features or traditional handsomeness.

c. What have been the biggest failures or frustrations in your life?
Not being able to channel my ‘emotional states constructively, my tendency to get overemotional & overdramatic. My darker moods. People don’t like such things.
And a big failure in my life, I’d say, was my so-very-long-term desire to please everybody, guess their wishes before they had even said them – and try to act accordingly…like the Everclear song goes, I was really trying to be everything to everyone. This has been a great mistake, as it made me suppress my personality for so long, that I don’t even know now if I can ‘reclaim’ it, rediscover it fully.
So, this is huge frustration in itself – being almost 27 and still not knowing your true self.
My other failures/ frustrations have been situational and not with such effects.

d. What is something that you can't stop talking about?

Music! : )
Shocking, no?
Unfortunately I have too few people around I can really talk music with.
And astrology – I could never get enough of it as well, but once again – too few people to really discuss the matters with.

e. What are you wearing while you answer this Q's?

He-he.
A shirt in red and lilac with some Indian motifs, black trousers and white sock with embroidered little red hearts on them wink.gif

f. What's your favorite thing to do for fun?

It really depends on my mood – listen to music LOUNDLY & PROUDLY, go out walking, chat with friends.

g. What is your best ever memory?
Going out one morning feeling utterly discouraged – it was still dark, and very cold. And I was just coming out of the building, with my head down. Then I looked up and saw a shooting star – a big, bright, fast shooting stars, probably one of the most wonderful I have ever seen. It just sparkled for seconds, and disappeared before I could hold my breath. But I took it as a sign that still someone up there loves me wink.gif – it really made everything seem so different, even if for such a short instance suddenly the world was making sense and everything was in harmony. I know this may sound really mystical – but it’s true, and once you have sensed this, it can give you new powers. wink.gif

h. What is your favourite place in the world?

Still haven’t found it.
Really – I have seen so little, traveled so little. I know very few places. I guess my favourite place in the world would be somewhere hotter, where the summer never ends. And it would be a calm, peaceful, green place. With flowers. And big walls.

i. As a psychologist, do you have any success stories you can share?
My experience is not that much as of yet – what I consider to be my successes have been the situation when I have been able to establish real connection with the people I have been working with – real rapport and a feeling that an exchange is taking place, that there’s something to be done and change and emotional wellbeing are possible.

j. Favourite bread and why?
I love garlic bread – because I like garlic in general I guess. Also – dark breads, they are my faves. I have not tried ginger bread – but I suspect I’d love it too, as I love anything ginger –related wink.gif

k. What's the best thing about being Bulgarian?

I guess belonging to a country with rich historical heritage and a special position – between Europe and Asia. This could be the biggest burden as well though.

l. Do you want to have children? boys? girls? both?
Both, preferably.

m. In your educational career, what courses have been the most difficult for you?

Statistics. It’s still I miracle to me how I got through this… alive.
But now it’s coming after me again, hungry for vengeance wink.gif

n. You always appear positive & upbeat, does anything get you down?
This is one question that honestly shocked me, as I don’t consider myself that way at all. Do I give such an impression? Many things get me down, actually. And I tend to worry a lot. I’d say for myself that I am quite a negative person, in fact. Maybe I am really scared to show my darkness to others – scared that they won’t tolerate it, as I do have a long history of being the one no-one really cared to talk to, or even look at.

o. Our members who's 1st language is not english always have brilliant english, how do you manage it, I'm terrible at other languages, I usually learn "please, thank you & a large beer" oh & "toilets" when I go abroad. Opps I got waylaid, erm my Q, when did you learn to speak/write english?
Hey, thank you for this! I have always loved English and hearing praise melts my soul, so to speak. wink.gif
I started learning English at the end of 1993, as I got into the language school in my hometown. We were studying really heavily the first year there – about 25 hours of English at school every week, plus homeworks….then the pace slowed significantly over the following years there ( I finioshed high school in 1998), but still I guess they prepared us quite well, as I have never studies English additionally, as many other people had to do.

p. I like this one. I'm your fairy godmother & I grant you 3 wishes, so what are you going to do with them?
Ask for an endless quota of wishes ?? wink.gif
Nah, I would only annoy my fairy godmother, wouldn’t i? I’d wish for a world with no hatred, fear and greed. I’d wish for the powers to travel between this world and the other worlds – whatever they are. And I'd ask to be revealed what happiness really is tongue.gif

q. Have you ever been in trouble with the law? If yes what law did you break?

No. only as a kid I might or might not have taken candy secretly or played with my mothers most treasured possessions… or I might have evn been manipulative in later life, but it’s not a crime, is it?

r. Is there a question you wished you'd been asked? What is it (if yes & what's your answer)?

What are my favourite scents – it’s nothing substancial, but I find it fun.
And they are: jasmine, lotus, rose, cinnamon, lilac.

s. Do the Smiths have a good fanbase in Bulgaria or are you one of the only ones? How should I picture the Bulgarian music scene?
I am one of the only ones. The people I know who listen to The Smiths can be counted on the fingers of one hand. The Bulgarian music scene: young people here are really passionate about music, like everywhere else. So, pop, rap and electronic music are very popular here, but alternative music is not. Though I’d say it’s making its way slowly. Classical rock has its strong roots here, and so does metal ( one of its last resorts maybe). We have our own musical scene, as well, but very few bands are really worth it.

t. As a psychologist yourself: which mental condition always striked you as the most intrusive one, and why?

It wouldn’t be just one. Personal disorders come to mind now, as they affect the entire personality – and are actually very difficult to treat.

u. What are your feelings upon the upcoming mass tourism in Bulgaria? Good for the economy, or a threat towards the country's cultural authenticity/identity?
At this stage it’s a good thing. It’s not a threat yet, it might easily become, I guess, but right now the country needs to have the sphere of tourism fully developed. It could provide many people with a living.

v. What colour would you reverberate the sea in?

Light purple. Wouldn’t it be fun?

w. Who would you rate the most important person in the modern history?
To be honest with you – I don’t know. I cannot see one figure as being all that influential or important, many people are in their own ways / spheres, but I’d say our time is lacking in real heroes, real leaders, real inspirers.

x. If you could change one thing about the world we live in today, what would it be?
I don’t think one thing would be enough. The world needs a more radical change, on many levels – cannot think of just one thing that will influence all levels… sorry. Or maybe I'd make people more open-minded and willing to actually change...

y. What do the Smiths mean to you?

Salvation wink.gif
Really – they have been there for me in my darkest hours, when no-one else were. And their songs have been a great support to me – they have helped me, well, accept my own darker/ heavier sides and not think of them as something unacceptable/ wrong: kinda, you can be a darker person, and still be a good person, a valuable person… not that I have ‘assimilated’ it completely, but I ma still working on it.

z. Who is your favorite Strangewaysian?
Hmm, you people love this question, don’t you? : )
Guess.
laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Last edited by Pashernate_Lover on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:53 am

Pashernate_Lover wrote:I do have a long history of being the one no-one really cared to talk to, or even look at.

But you are so sweet and beautiful!

Yes they are blind,
no they can't see the good things...

I really enjoyed this, Ruby! But... Who's the next Member of the Week?!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:00 am

Heh- I knew I forgot to put one of her responses in there--- She nominates ELKO!!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:08 am

Wow, how fast, Pashy! So ELKO's the next, good!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mr-Shankly » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:13 pm

I like! Learnt a few new things like your occupation. This feature is turning out nicely.
Names, secret names. But never in my favour.
Mr-Shankly
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:39 pm

Pashernate_Lover wrote:

e. What are you wearing while you answer this Q's?[/b]
He-he.
A shirt in red and lilac with some Indian motifs, black trousers and white sock with embroidered little red hearts on them

like we couldn't have guessed! :P
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:57 pm

the_queen_is_dead wrote:<!--quoteo(post=34003:date=Sep 24 2006, 06:25 AM:name=Pashernate_Lover)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pashernate_Lover @ Sep 24 2006, 06:25 AM) [snapback]34003[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

e. What are you wearing while you answer this Q's?[/b]
He-he.
A shirt in red and lilac with some Indian motifs, black trousers and white sock with embroidered little red hearts on them

like we couldn't have guessed! :P
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
:P B)
Indeed.
That was sweet, Anne!:);)

S :D o, people, i am back, so get those questions rolling for our guy Ellis! :D
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:23 pm

Truman Capote wrote:<!--quoteo(post=34003:date=Sep 24 2006, 05:25 AM:name=Pashernate_Lover)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pashernate_Lover @ Sep 24 2006, 05:25 AM) [snapback]34003[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I do have a long history of being the one no-one really cared to talk to, or even look at.

But you are so sweet and beautiful!

Yes they are blind,
no they can't see the good things...

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Thank you, TC - but I wasn't always what I am today, it took me years of effords to become the person I am today, I used to be way too introverted, way too self-contained.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Return to Member Of The Week