Week 10: Miserable Liar

In which a member is mercilessly questioned by the rest of us....for fun!

Postby helmoz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:05 pm

this week it's Matt's turn to be questioned by you lot! is he miserable? is he a liar? and how is he doin'? all these questions and more will be answered - just send your questions to me and the full interview will be posted here about a week from now.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:07 pm

Taa very muchly!
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:26 am

Well then, so it's on. Get ready for what I think might be a.....roast.
But I only commented so I can tell Matt what a cool avatar that is. That entire dance scene in the movie is the best sequence of dancing ever!
Last edited by Still Ill on Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:05 pm

:P Best scene in the film definatley.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:26 pm

i'll probably be sending the questions tomorrow evening.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:58 am

they've been sent!
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:44 am

Here are my questions.

1. Why do you think music is so important? How is it important for you?

Music is everything. You see a film, it has music in it. You go into a shop, music is on.
It's always there, it's everywhere, again it's everything. Sorry to ramble but to me it's the only way of real enjoyment, enlightenment. I could write an essay on its importantance. But to me, it's all I want to be a part of. To create just one piece of music that someone would enjoy, would thrill me for the rest of my life knowing that something many people have done for me, I have done for someone else.

2.What are your earliest memories of discovering music?

Lying in my bed at around age 4 whilst my mum put on the best of Right Said Fred. However, my FONDEST early memory is me and my dad in the car driving to the swimming baths when I was about 6 or 7, and he puts on album that I still listen to today. 'Naked' by Talking Heads, after that I collected their LPs.

3. What new experiences would you like to have in your life?

I would love to play in a band that actually functions, not just puts up pictures and shit up on myspace claiming we're a band. Getting a job, a kid, being served for booze.

4. What annoys you?

When people ask me what I want to do. If I knew that, I would've done it. I left sixth form because I didn't enjoy it, if I did enjoy it I would've stayed. I see what they're trying to do, and thanks but no thanks.

5. What makes you laugh?

Seing people get kicked in the nuts gets me crying with laughter.

6. Favourite couch you've ever slept on?

Definatley Elko's 3-seater. It was so sat on, it was just perfect. Although it was right by the fire, so I woke up the first morning (after collapsing on the couch the night before in a drunken mess) and banged my hand on your fire. However, 1 night I cheated and slept on the 2-seater and the next morning I was woken up by an annoying ringtone that had been sent to his homephone. The tune still gives me nightmares.

7. The Beatles vs The Smiths: best band ever?

The Beatles. Has to be. What really gets me about The Beatles is the development, and when they grew apart, with the tension and everything, the music was better. 'The Beatles (The White Album)' being the best of course, when they basically all used eachother as a backing band.

8. The Beatles vs The Smiths: in a physical fight, '64 Beatles vs '84 Smiths?

The Beatles, simply because they're scousers and they'd kick any manc's arse. The Smiths would stand their ground, fair play. But with George laying into your stomach punch-punch-punch, Ringo twatting you on the head with a drumstick, with John ripping your hair out and Paul whacking you in the nuts with his bass, you're beaten. Hahaha, Paul's bit made me laugh.

9. Do you blame your Beatles-love on your Liverpool heritage, or do you think it could be to do with, say, one person who introduced you properly to their music?

I blame it on that Elko guy, one night about a year ago he told me to listen to any beatles I could find. I found Sgt. Pepper, after that it I couldn't stop. I got all the albums in a day.

10 what do you think you will be doing for a living in ten years?

Either be in a band, work in a shop or selling 'The Big Issue'.

11. what is your best physical attribute?

My ass, looks good in any pair of jeans.

12. favourite type of cheese, and why?

Extra Mature Cheddar. It's nice on cheese on toast. Boring answer eh?

13. what powers would misearable liar the superhero have?

a) X-Ray Vision: For obvious purposes.
B) Super Running Speed: I have a tendency to miss the bus.
c) Access to the internet through my eyes like Johnny Phenumonic: That'd be cool.
B) Spider Man's powers: I'll have all them cool powers and more, so i'll be better.

14. what would you change about yourself? why?

My avoidance of important things, I know I should, but I don't care about them. I should care more about my future etc. But the closer it gets, it seems the further away it is, so I live my life day to day and worry about it later. That I want to change, maybe then I could get somewhere.

15. Do you think men should be allowed to wear skirts?

No, they're made for people with attractive legs. Women!

16. What fashions that you see today do you think will be out of fashion within two years?

This stupid emo-haircut all these sad people seem to be sporting these days with a fringe over one eye and a pink strip through it. And that's just the men!

17. What is your shoe size?

Eleven. Sometimes ten.

18.What kind of clothes do you usually wear?

Jeans, tshirt (usually with a band's name on the front), denim jacket (2)/jacket (I have a black jacket and a medium brown jacket with some army labels on it, my favourite), socks, underpants, shoes. I've basically listed my wardrobe, hope that's ok.

19. Which is more important, increasing people's standard of living, or protecting the environment?

Protecting the environment. If the environment isn't protective, then people won't have a life to worry about.

20. What is the most stressful or traumatizing situation you've ever been in?

The one i'm in now. My brother's in jail, rotting away in a cell for almost 4 years. He used to be here in my room everynight to talk to, now i'm lucky to get a letter.

21. Any 5 records you'd keep, if you had to sell your entire collection.

The Beatles - The Beatles (The White Album): Excellent, long and brilliant. Extra beatles, extra pleasure.

Eels - Daisies of the Galaxy: The best gift i've ever been given, although when my brother described why he got the album for me he got the album wrong "I bought you this because I don't think you have enough melancholy amongst your collection." However, he meant to get me 'Electro-Shock Blues' because of the story behind that being about how E's sister and mother died and how he grieved. A little insight there....

Talking Heads - Naked: As I explained, first record. Plus, it reminds of my dad. The man I admire most, he's my most favorite person other than myself.

Ben Folds - Rockin' The Suburbs: Bought this after I heard the single/title track, but as shocked to find that every other track was completely different, but excellent. It was like buying a Motorhead record, expecting heavy rock tunes but finding piano melodies. Basically, it was like buying this record. Word.

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow: Have to include something smithsy, and there is no finer than this.

22. Would you like to have a family of your own one day?

I would love to have a family. Beautiful wife and all that. But most importantly, I want a little boy to raise.
Who better a friend than a clone of yourself? On second thoughts i'd like a daughter.

23. What on earth are you going to do with your life?

Another one of Elko's questions.
Well, truth is, I don't know. But i'll take it as it comes. Whatever I do, it won't be nothing. I'm set out to prove that there's more to life than qualifications. Not that i'm a rebel or anything, but someone has to do it. I'll travel, i'll work, i'll breed, i'll make music, i'll write, i'll eat, i'll sleep, i'll urinate, i'll breath. Pretty much like everyone else. I'll do something different, but I don't know what yet. I might go back to acting again.

Assuming she is still alive and active, i'd like to nominate a friend: thequeenisdead. Get your ass up here Anne!
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:26 pm

Interesting read, loved the memory of you and your father driving to the swimming baths while listening to Talking Heads' Naked, very good album!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:48 pm

Yeah, we listened to it every time we drove to the baths after that, we used to go every saturday. I never listened to it alone without my dad, when I did, it wasn't really the same for some reason.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:16 pm

But Right Said Fred is ace!

B)

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->11. what is your best physical attribute?

My ass, looks good in any pair of jeans.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
haha, true. not that i've been looking or anything...

hah.
okay i accept being next...is it for one week? i'll do my best to get on a bit more this week, though unfortunately it would be the busiest week of the year so far. *silent arghs*
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:54 pm

Damn, keep on missing these

*sigh*

I will have some questions for Anne though, not missing out this time

that was a really interesting read by the way, I'd love to have a day by day philosophy to life, however, I just worry too much...meh
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:06 pm

the_queen_is_dead wrote:But Right Said Fred is ace!

B)

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->11. what is your best physical attribute?

My ass, looks good in any pair of jeans.

haha, true. not that i've been looking or anything...

hah.
okay i accept being next...is it for one week? i'll do my best to get on a bit more this week, though unfortunately it would be the busiest week of the year so far. *silent arghs*
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I must wear my tight black ones next time we meet up :P (although I like them, they really are too tight, it's like a 70's flashback)

Yeah, Anne, so deal or no deal? DEAL. *Spaz impression* You are next! Send me the questions and i'll put up a new topic about now I think.
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:19 am

This forum needed a picture of your tight pants!!! These are your shiny ones, Matt.
Looking good!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Return to Member Of The Week