Week 11: the_queen_is_dead

In which a member is mercilessly questioned by the rest of us....for fun!

Postby Miserable Liar » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:03 pm

Aye, that's right. Anne (the_queen_is_dead) is this week's Member of The Week. Post your questions in a PM to Miserable Liar .
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:33 pm

Anne's questions have been sent, just wait.......
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:25 pm

chekc me out being super quick at doing this, even though i've been off ill today!

1. Does it annoy you when people kiss in public?
yeah, it usually makes me really jealous. but then sometimes it's just a bit disgusting. i don't mind if it's a good bye kiss or something.. but i get freaked out when i see someone's head being devoured by another. (it's okay if they're kissing me in public though..haha)
2. How do you maintain your motivation when you fail?
this is a strange question! i'm not sure, i just tell myself to keep going, because things can only get better! and if we're talking exams and stuff, i kick my own ass and say yo! just knuckle down, have less of a social life than you already do, and do better next time. i'm good at beating myself up in a productive way.
3. What colours do you think look good on you?
BLUE! minor obsession with that colour..
and every other colour in the world- together. as in, rainbows. to be honest, everything looks ace on me, bar lots of red.
4. Do you ever buy second-hand things? What about clothes?
all the time baby! i pretty much shop exclusively in charity shops or on ebay. i hate those people that think it's 'grebby' to buy second hand clothes, i mean come on! if you've given it a wash, whats the big deal? chester's the best place for that sort of stuff, if any of you lot are interested- there's about 12 of them all round the centre! it's a great day out.
5. Would you ever date someone who's not conventionally attractive?
definitely, seeing as i'm usually attracted to those sorts of people. like frankenfurter from rocky horror. but that's perhaps the most extreme i'd go. also, it's bonus as then my way more attractive friends wouldn't hit on him.
6. What are some of your bad habits?
laughing at my own jokes when no-one else does, biting my nails, being too nervous whenever i'm around people and not being able to maintain eye contact for more than 2 seconds in a row. that's a pain.
7. Do you believe in a soul mate?
i don't think there's a person out there labelled as your soul mate. i reckon there are lots of people you could be happy with forever, because as you stay with them, you (hopefully) grow with them and become like one person. i don't there's there one exclusive person you could do that with, but once you've chosen one, i guess they gradually become your soul mate.
8. Name your 5 essential records.
ARGH! hm... this is difficult.
idlewild- 100 broken windows
evermore- dreams
alanis morissette- supposed former infatuation junkie
michael jackson- number ones
smashing pumpkins- siamese dream
also, you can fit the queen is dead in there somewhere can't you. can't you?! (and anything weezer-y, okay you just can't narrow it down to 5!)
9. Do you have any possessions you absolutely treasure?
my glasses, my absolutely battered to near death mp3 player- SO handy for school work (and yeah, listening to music), lip balm - yeah it's boring, but i get dry lips insto! and my teddy bar- charmin bear! i found him wedged between two seats on a train whilst going to liverpool, and after checking he didn't belong to some little kid he became mine. i love him, even though he did become slightly deformed after someone set fire to him.
10. If you had a chance meeting with Stuart Murdoch what would you ask him?
who the heck are you? (googles) oh YOU! well now i know who he is, but the one question is up. or if i got another one, i would say hey, would you like to meet one of my mates who loves you? and then shove ellis or ed in front of him.
11. What is with your dislike for dairy products?
tongue.gif . UNCLE PETER?
what the? i'm guessing this is matt cause of the uncle peter reference! :D you can add him to my unconventional sex bomb list.. well i hate cheese because it is: smelly, plasticy/crumbly, yellow/orange/MOULDY, and is quite like feet. weird thing is, i love quavers and pizza. but not all dairy products are my enemy, i'm in love wth yoghurt.
13. What are you going to do once you’ve left Sixth Form?
an art foundation course! and then uni to do fine art/jewellery making (supposedly), i'd like to go to central st. martins but we shall see..we shall see.
14. Has a certain Strange-Ways Member converted you into believing that The Beatles are good?
nope, they're shite.
okay, they're quite good, thanks for the cd matt! i do love paperback writer so thank goodness you gave me that one. to be fair i never thought they weren't good.
15. What do you plan to do with the rest of your life Anne?
lots of things. move to australia or new zealand, marry dann hume, own a quaint little cafe, become really strong in my faith, and most definitely be an artist, though i'm not sure what..and of course even when i'm 80 odd, i'll still remember you lovely folk.

i tell ye all now that the very lovely, very attractive young fellow that is...EDWARD CALLOW is to be the next victim to fall before the knees of the Great Quiz of Destiny. Okay, so overdosing on strepsils is havng a strange effect on my language, Ed it's your turn next week! so send me your questions!
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:56 pm

Still Ill got confused:

"Matt,

I realized it's Stefi who's the big Stuart Murdoch fan, not Anne (I think, unless you know different!)
Can you just delete that last question about him I sent you, thanks."

:P

Like the answers Anne.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:48 am

the_queen_is_dead wrote:smashing pumpkins- siamese dream

Yeah, that's right, Anne! Good choice. :)
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:35 pm

the_queen_is_dead wrote:
15. What do you plan to do with the rest of your life Anne?
lots of things. move to australia or new zealand, marry dann hume, own a quaint little cafe, become really strong in my faith, and most definitely be an artist, though i'm not sure what..and of course even when i'm 80 odd, i'll still remember you lovely folk.

Lovely! I really like you plans for the future, may I borrow them?
Nah, joking about this, but it was a great answer, and all of this was a lovely read, Anne! :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Return to Member Of The Week