Week 12: The Boy with a thorn in his side

In which a member is mercilessly questioned by the rest of us....for fun!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:13 am

Known to some as theboywiththe/athorn in his side! (sorry, couldn't remember which it is!)
send me your questions pronto.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:14 pm

KEEP SENDING ME QUESTIONS

I NEEED MORE.
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:54 pm

come on you..i sent your things yesterday! don't care if you're busy!
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:32 pm

lol, ed! you know you're supposed to put these up? silly!

1. B&S or Dylan, Bob? Belle & Sebastian, according to last fm anyway, but sometimes (long journeys especially) Bob Dylan is the ultimate soundtrack. Belle & Sebastian, for arguments sake, but both are rulers.

2. Original Digestives or Chocolate Covered Digestives? chocolat, original digestives are so dull they don't even seem worth the effort of eating sometimes, like brown bread, or ready salted crisps.

3. Showers or baths? Showers for practicality, baths when I'm really stressed and depressed.

4. What do you like to read? what do you dislike in terms of books, genres, types of magazines? Novels, I guess, some of my favourite books:
The Catcher In The Rye
High Fidelity
Post Office (or any other Bukowski)
I find it almost impossible to read any magazine if I'm not interested in the subject matter. Music and skateboarding may not be the most sophisticated topics to articulate over, but I can't often bother myself to read anything else, other than newspapers. As far as genres that I don't like, I'm fairly open minded, but if a book doesn't grasp me quickly, then I give up on it, low attention spa...

5. What qualities impress you in people? Urrrm, I don't know, people don't often tell me much about my good qualities, I tend to become the whipping boy in most social groups as I can take a joke as a joke the majority of the time...but I'm occasionally credited for my sense of humor, and my manners. Physically apparently I have a twinkle in my eye, and my dress sense is loved by some, and ridiculed by others, but they just don't quite understand some of my more obscure T-Shirts...

6. Have you ever hurt yourself whilst skateboarding? Yeah, nothing too major, sprained wrist, few rolled ankles, scars and grazes etc. nearly gotten run over a couple of times, but it all adds to the fun.

7. What's the most impressive trick you've ever pulled off on your board? (may be the same as the one above?)errm, not sure, since it's purely for fun I don't go out intending to impress people. I have a lot of fun doing it, and if someone thinks something I did looks good, then great, if not, I couldn't care less, as long as I enjoyed doing it. I guess that's pretty much my take on life really, as long as I'm having fun, it's all good.

8. How do you like your life & personality to evolve? Evolve? hm...I think I've grown up a lot recently, I've been a much better friend, and that's a really nice feeling. Looking back, I used to be a pretty crap kid, I had a terrible temper, I'm a lot more mellow now, I try not to panic and take life as it comes, I learnt it the hard way, but I'm glad I did. In terms of my college life, my writing has really been improving recently, and I've made a lot of new friends. the past few days I've also found myself getting a lot more passionate about political, particularly racial, issues. It shocks me that "the children of the revolution" spout uninformed read-it-in-the-Daily-Mail opinions such as "all asian people look the same", "They all came over here to steal our jobs" and "is Islam a country?" this all came from my sociology class (!!!), utterly horrible.

9. Do you have a hobby, apart from skateboards? errm, I guess I don't really...I just try to enjoy myself doing whatever I'm doing, like I don't consider sitting here listening to good music or standing on a cold, windy day talking to my friends about nothing in particular to be hobbies, but a lot of the time it's exactly what I want to do. I'm also meant to be the singer in a band, but we've only had one practise, and we hadn't written any songs, so all I did was freestyle rap battles...hah. They don't yet know that I can't actually sing, I'm thinking I might be bumped up to a more administrative role once I'm found out.

10. What are your favourite colours? I just sat and thought about that for ages, and I can't think of a real answer...who would've though such a simple question could be so taxing? Still, I'm going to go with turquoise, because it's the colour of the t-shirt that I'm currently wearing.

11. Favourite flavoured...pasty?! Anne, you know very well that it's Cornish

12. Do you have any tattoos? and if not, would you ever consider it? Not currently, it's illegal until I'm 18 apparently...but I'd like to, considering getting (image of the word 'libertine') on my arm, Carl Barat copying basically, but I'm not sure. I'm always doing absent minded doodles, maybe one day I'll do one that's so good I want it on me permanently, but nothing has struck me yet...

13. Which famous person would you most like to hug? The guy who plays Harold Bishop in neighbours, Ian Smith...so cuddly.

14. And finally..because I think this sort of question is quite interesting, any future plans for your life? smile.gif Yeah, I've got it sorted, theoretically at any rate. finish college, no gap year, go to uni to study english (or something therabouts) and then take a post grad degree in either print or broadcast journalism, then try and get myself a job somewhere and work my way up, meet a nice girl, get married, have kids and enjoy life. Failing that, I'll probably become addicted to some form of drug, and burn out spectacularly.

hah, reality is, I'll probably end up somewhere between those two, hopefully closer to the first one, but we'll see.

<3

I would like to nominate This_Charming_Girl, if she's up for it

smile.gif that was fun.
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:20 pm

Very nice!

As Ed or Steffi seems to have lost track of this, we'll give this a rest for a bit, and come back sometime in the new year I think, when the forum is a little busier.

A fine collection of interviews we have so far though :)
Last edited by elko on Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:14 am

yar, I can't take questions yet, as I haven't been able to ask Steffi if she wants to do this or not

will let you all know what's happening when I know
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:37 am

Oooh this looks fun, im up for it if people want to do it still? :D
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:57 pm

this_charming_girl wrote:Oooh this looks fun, im up for it if people want to do it still? :D

Sure, you'll have to make sure Ed's up for collecting the questions and that though...
elko
Site Admin

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:18 pm

elko wrote:<!--quoteo(post=38545:date=Feb 13 2007, 11:37 AM:name=this_charming_girl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(this_charming_girl @ Feb 13 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]38545[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Oooh this looks fun, im up for it if people want to do it still? :D

Sure, you'll have to make sure Ed's up for collecting the questions and that though...
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If he's not, I am.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:34 pm

hhm, what happened to this?
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:38 am

Alabaster Crashes Down wrote:hhm, what happened to this?

Uhm, I don't know! We should do this again.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:27 pm

Agreed!!
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:21 pm

yes, we should
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:24 pm

I think Alabaster would be a good member of the week, don't you?
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:38 pm

Yes, of course - this would be great!! :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Member Of The Week