Week 18: Pashernate Lover, a second interrogation

In which a member is mercilessly questioned by the rest of us....for fun!

Week 18: Pashernate Lover, a second interrogation

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:09 am

I elected Pashy as next victim of the week. Why? She likes travelling, she likes Dave Vanian and The Smiths, ... so obviously a person with good taste deserves a place in the spotlight.

Send questions to me by next Wednesday midnight GMT (which means around noon in the States)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Re: Week 18: Pashernate Lover, a second interrogation

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:I elected Pashy as next victim of the week. Why? She likes travelling, she likes Dave Vanian and The Smiths, ... so obviously a person with good taste deserves a place in the spotlight.

Send questions to me by next Wednesday midnight GMT (which means around noon in the States)

And honored I am :)
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:49 pm

As I have not received any questions apart from my own ones (but the board was quite inactive the last couple of days) and as weekends are generally easier for the victim to take time to answer, I will prolongue the deadline.

Questions for Pashy can be PM'ed to me by Friday. I will send the questions on Friday evening CET (which means noon in the States) :)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:10 pm

For the record, Pashy has received the questions.

I want to say thankyou to all who participated. I received questions from 6 people, and we got 25 questions in total for Pashy. This clearly proves that the Member o/t Week tradition is still alive and should be kept alive!

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:41 am

Hmmmm... I tried to PM them back and I tried to post them myself but there was some sort of system error...
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Pashernate_Lover wrote:Hmmmm... I tried to PM them back and I tried to post them myself but there was some sort of system error...

I sent you an e-mail about the problem. :)
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Thanks for the nomination CP! I would like to nominate WordsAsOldAsSin or however its capitalized because its always nice to see a comeback :) I hope you guys enjoy it and thanks again!

1.Do you have a favourite word? (Any particular reason?)
Yeah- I certainly have a favorite word! Well-- its a tie between 2 words really--- globally and globular because they sound *so* neat when you say them... give it a try... gloooooballeeeeee .... glahbyuuuler..... awesome :).

2. If you could live in any other country where would you live and why?
At this point I would say either Italy or New Zealand-- they are both *amazingly* beautiful countries with really interesting histories- plus Queenstown New Zealand couldn't be more beautiful and I haven't met a Kiwi I didn't like. Actually, funny thing, I plan on applying to this program that my sister's Italian teacher recommended to teach an English class for a year in Italy-- its a sort of immersion thing for teachers, they immerse their students in an English only classroom and are immersed in an Italian only city and so everyone really has to try just to make it, it sounds cool and I hope to do it in 2010, wish me luck!

3. Your offered the chance of immortality, would you take it?
Hell. No. The world is beautiful, in most cases people are beautiful but given enough time I don't think I would still feel this way... like say, a thousand years or so. As they say the thing to fear is not death but a life unlived.

4. what is the weirdest thing you own?
A bullwhip. Don't ask, its more interesting if you don't.

5. do you have a favourite outfit?
Yeah! I cut up and reconstructed my old work shirt to be a halter tied up the back, so that with my 8 year old jeans and leopard print converse-- its super awesome, you just have to trust me on that :).

6. Do you wear jewelry? If so, what kind?
I have a toe ring that I have worn for the past 7 or so years and until last week I had a gold chain with a heart on it that my sister gave to me the night before she got married, but that broke off and I am totally bummed about it.

7. What do you think of body piercing?
I *really* wanted to get my labret done but the size of the needle is a bit too daunting for me. I love body piercings, I am totally for people experimenting and having fun if they feel like it, its their body and their choice... but still man, big needles... very scary.

8. Do you think that there is anything worth dying for?
Definitely. Family is one, human rights is another- there is a level of love and commitment which I think can transcend the basic drive to live- its rare, but its there.

9. What is the best thing about Santa Cruz?
The walk from Natural Bridges to the Beach Boardwalk along the Pacific coast- its amazing, its a series of cliffs and endless ocean with tons of surfers in the water and these old growth trees and flowers- it smells so amazing and fresh and the breeze is really nice. Oh no wait, thats just the prettiest thing, the fact that the people are so wonderful and peaceful and accepting is the best thing :)... even if they aren't the prettiest people :-P. I love my hippies though.

10. Do you like to gossip?
I don't think I do, there are tons of better thing to talk about and I would prefer to talk about them, but sometimes I guess I do because its super hard to keep up with what is happening in my friends lives otherwise.

11. If you could speak any other language (besides English) which language would you like to speak and why?
I would *love* to be a better Spanish speaker, half of all Californians speak it as a first language and I would like to teach here at some point so its a bit silly that I am so rubbish at it.

12. Would you break up with your boyfriend if Morrissey wanted to marry you?
Oh wow... ha! I don't know, um... probably? Well, only if Morrissey promised to be around more than he is (I haven't seen him for a year), then I would probably do it... hehe, but don't tell Bryan! :-P

13. Are you afraid of getting old?
Naw :) I know people my age that are craaaazy old and people born in the fifties that are crazy young, I think I'll just get crazier with age and I am actually kinda looking forward to that. Wouldn't it be cool to be the crazy old lady on the street?? I think so :).

14. Do you see yourself as a typical woman? Why or why not?
Naw, mostly because I am disgusted by gendered stereotypes and love to work with my hands which most women are discouraged from doing. See, I believe that society gives people a set a rules to live by that says things like "guys should be active girls should be passive" and I try to make it a point of ignoring a ton of them but not to the point that I feel I can't be myself, thus I dress, act and speak however I feel and have confused a *ton* of people along the way.

15. How important is friendship to you?
Paramount. My friends are the family I have chosen, seriously they are everything to me- I love my family soooo much, but my friends are so awesome it can't be described. Yes, even you Tru :-P

16. Do you think your loved one should also be your best friend?
Nope- been there, done that, I'll stick with Michelle thanks- :-P.

17. Do you consider yourself to be a private person?
Heh, yea- I actually am. I will talk about a ton of stuff that I really consider to be of little importance to my life, but after that sort of superficial layer of information you pretty much have to have known me for waaaay to long to get anything good on me :-P. I have a past, we all do, I just don't talk about mine much.

18. Many Europeans see LA as one big Hollywood-esque environment with lot of decadency and
void celebrities. Is LA really like that or do we have it all wrong?
Hm, well, add in a ton of poverty, gangs, sprawling suburbs and graffiti and you get a bit closer to what it really is. Honestly, its not that nice of a city, its surrounding cities are waaay nicer and probably much more of what you think of when you think LA, like Santa Monica.

19. What do you think about Obama's idea to build a giant fence along the US-Mexican border to control illegal immigration?
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

20. If you could star in any play or movie, which play or film would you choose and which role would you play?
I would choose Starmites and I would be Milady-- which is the story of a girl that gets sucked into a comic book and falls in with a band of space punks in their battle with space banshees while an evil reptile has stolen a magical guitar that will somehow unmake the universe... it awesome :).

21. Did you manage to understand the Australian English and can you teach us some Aussie slang?
Aussie English is apples, mate! Hm, They wear their sunnies (sunglasses) to brekkie (breakfast)! And if something goes wrong, she'll be right.

22. Have you ever experimented with any drug? What is your stand on legalization of soft drugs?
Wow, I think I am going to lose a lot of Strangeways friends with this answer-- sorry guys! So yeah, drugs.... um, no. I was substance free until 2001, Straight Edge after that so I never experimented because I have seen people do remarkably terrible things and have remarkably terrible things to happen to them from using drugs as light as weed (resulted in the death of a 2 year old I knew) to as heavy as crystal (seriously, this will eat peoples brains and rob them of a lot of their best personality traits in the long run)-- excepting one that begins with a PC I have known addicts of most standard drugs (coke, E, all that jazz) so yeah, I didn't need to experiment. And, hm, legalized ones? I don't know how I would feel about that, on the one hand alcohol and cigarettes are legal, so why not? On the other hand I am totally anti-drug so I don't know if I would like it to be any easier to get than it is now.

23. How would you rate the work of Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor of California?
He gave a billion dollars to upgrade the physical facilities of California's most messed up schools, now they all theoretically have enough desks for all their students, working toilets and drinking fountains, some sort of teacher in each classroom-- he has done some lame things, but the Williams V. California court case put him in a very good position with me.

24. How did you get into the early punk music like Iggy Pop, The Damned and The Ramones? Which of them all would be your preferred act?
When I was in the 4th grade (9 years old) I was living on a farm in Northern California, I had met my best friend Matt 2 years earlier exactly the age and way his parents had met, I was already pretty much slotted for a painfully predictable life that, at a very young age, I saw stretching out in front of me. First I would do well in school, graduate early like all the smartest kids did, get married to Matt by 18 like everyone else did and be a farmers wife... forever. Naturally, I took offense to this, I always wanted something different for myself- at the time when I was getting sick of his parents telling us how we would be a married in less than a decade my mother brought home a series of tapes called "The History of Rock and Roll" and volume 5 (I believe) was Punk-- I saw that, and as a small farm girl I *knew* there was something about it that meant I could be whatever the hell I felt like. Iggy Pop stuck out, he, thanks to that video, became my second celebrity crush after Glen Danzig- he was crazy, beautiful and everything I wanted. It grew from there-- I cannot express how much I love punk, it gave me so much freedom, brought me to Straight Edge and sounds f'ing amazing. So yeah, Ramones are probably my favorite in terms of number of songs I am addicted to by them, but Iggy Pop is my preferred act because, no matter what, I will always have a huuuuge place in my heart for him :).
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:48 pm

So yeah, as soon as I changed the words male to guy it was all good.... funny that.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:56 am

Great reading, Pashy!

About Italy, I can only recommend it. Of all European countries, this is the one with probably most culture of them all. Every city is like a collection of beautiful old architecture, and in between the cities you got lovely sceneries. If it works out for you, you will adore Italy! Try to be there during summer, then it gets even better as you have the same cultural beauty combined with the best climate Europe has to offer. Culturally you could name Italy the heart of Europe, you will adore it really :)

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Pashy, I'll look forward to reading your Q & A when I return later today! :)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rorschach » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:48 am

Pashernate_Lover wrote:24. How did you get into the early punk music like Iggy Pop, The Damned and The Ramones? Which of them all would be your preferred act?
When I was in the 4th grade (9 years old) I was living on a farm in Northern California, I had met my best friend Matt 2 years earlier exactly the age and way his parents had met, I was already pretty much slotted for a painfully predictable life that, at a very young age, I saw stretching out in front of me. First I would do well in school, graduate early like all the smartest kids did, get married to Matt by 18 like everyone else did and be a farmers wife... forever. Naturally, I took offense to this, I always wanted something different for myself- at the time when I was getting sick of his parents telling us how we would be a married in less than a decade my mother brought home a series of tapes called "The History of Rock and Roll" and volume 5 (I believe) was Punk-- I saw that, and as a small farm girl I *knew* there was something about it that meant I could be whatever the hell I felt like. Iggy Pop stuck out, he, thanks to that video, became my second celebrity crush after Glen Danzig- he was crazy, beautiful and everything I wanted. It grew from there-- I cannot express how much I love punk, it gave me so much freedom, brought me to Straight Edge and sounds f'ing amazing. So yeah, Ramones are probably my favorite in terms of number of songs I am addicted to by them, but Iggy Pop is my preferred act because, no matter what, I will always have a huuuuge place in my heart for him :).

Thats pretty inspirational
Freedom is the only way, yeah

http://www.pbfcomics.com/
rorschach
Advanced

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:07 am

So who is going to collect the questions for the next victim? :)

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:26 am

I will!! I am currently in Portland, Oregon and have had no internet for days, but everyone PM them to me!
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Return to Member Of The Week