Smiths tribute bands listed + concert agenda

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby laidinawe » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:03 am

I've seen both The Smyths and The Sweet and Tender Hooligans. I have to say they are about as good as each other musically, and both front men make excellent Morrisseys. Considering José from TSATH is Mexican?? he manages to get Morrissey’s voice down brilliantly, not to mention he dresses and moves like him too, plus he is a really nice guy! If you go on Myspace search for them and listen to their version of Angel Angel Down We Go Together, I promise you its sublime.

As for The Smyths, they sound so much better in real life than on the recordings I’ve heard. The lead singer (Graham I think) is a really good impersonator of Moz, he has the actions down perfectly and the dress too, not to mention he sounds really like him. I saw them on the 5th of this month and they played a rather comprehensive set, which included "These Things Take Time" and a few Moz songs including: "The Last of the Famous International Playboys", plus everything else you would expect to hear. If you look on their Myspace or website they are playing gigs up and down the country for ages to come yet, I would honestly recommend going to a gig, I promise you won't be disappointed. You may even get some free flowers to wave about too!
Last edited by laidinawe on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
A shoeless child on a swing
Reminds you of your own again
She took away your troubles
Oh, but then again
She left pain
So, please save your life
Because you've only got one
laidinawe

Previous

Return to The Smiths