[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Back from Manchester

Back from Manchester

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby JNP369 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:53 pm

Hello,

I just got back last night from my trip to Manchester. I really am beginning to like the city and feel it is the best place to visit.

Well, I was able to get by the Salford Lads Club. All that is alive around it is a few homes and a very small newsagent. Saying that, it was obvious that it has been closed for a while and I was unable to get in. I tried to recreate the photo as best I could, but I could not find keans tight enough to compare to Andy's.

As I was driving back to the airport from the city centre I saw a cool sign. The sign had two arrows and one pointed to Rusholme and the other to Whalley Range. Also, I could not find a sign for Strangeways.

Me at Salford Lads Club:

<a href="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/pap369/SLC-pap.jpg" target="_blank">http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/pap369/SLC-pap.jpg</a>

Exterior of SLC:

<a href="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/pap369/SLC-outside.jpg" target="_blank">http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/pap...SLC-outside.jpg</a>

Jeff
JNP369

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:54 pm

I hope the redecorating will not include a removal of the Smiths Room? It's like an unofficial Smiths museum and should remain existing as it is. Monuments should not be touched.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby kurt » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:28 pm

<div align="left"><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->Everything you say to me takes me One step closer to the edge</div>

<div align="right">and I'm about to break<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
kurt
Supreme

Postby Still Ill » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:39 pm

According to their website, it's still active (they even have their own tab on the site). Great pics, closed and desolate, sounds like the Smiths! The Smiths room looks like it's still intact. Evidently they're open certain days, hours. And the Strangeways sign's been long gone.

At any rate, pap369, lucky you to have visited!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 am

hi Pap glad you had a great trip/time. Continuing from SI's post, SLC is still a live lads (& girls) club & would have been open later for the kids, they do have open days etc for Smiths fans etc to wander about the place & go in the Smiths room. I think we should have a SLC rogues gallery thread so that people can add their own pics?

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Return to The Smiths