[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Hello all

Hello all

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby morrissey » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:24 am

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is worthy of a new topic, but anyways...

I just found this site a while ago, decided to have some fun and register, was surprised the username "morrissey" was not taken, and, alas, here I am.

For those of you interested, here is my Smiths story:

I've been interested in music for what seems like ages, (though I am 18), mostly stuff like the Beatles, U2 etc. I had never heard of the Smiths or Morrissey, until another forum (http://www.musiciansforums.com) mentioned it. I thought they were talking about Van Morrison (how could I?), but decided to check some stuff out. I downloaded "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" and "Suedehead", fell in love and bought "The Singles" as a start.

From there, I fell doubly in love, and have since bought all of their albums, and am working my way through Morrissey's solo work.

It feels like Moz is an old friend, but I only discovered them back in April/May. The Smiths quick became my favourite band, and I was fortunate enough to see Morrissey in Toronto on Oct. 12th, best concert I have ever been to <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->.

Anyway, enough about me, just thought I'd introduce myself <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> .
"She said I know you and you cannot sing/I said that's nothing you should hear me play piano"
morrissey

Postby elko » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:57 pm

Welcome, nice to hear about a bit about you. What is your favourite album, favourite track etc?
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:44 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums! Nice of you to introduce yourself <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> I know what you mean when you say Morrissey feels like an old friend, I love knowing that whatever happens in life in general, he won't desert me, y'know? Anyway, nice to meet you *waves*
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby morrissey » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Nov 10 2004, 12:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Nov 10 2004, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Welcome, nice to hear about a bit about you. What is your favourite album, favourite track etc? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hmmm, they change everyday!

Right now, I'd say "Still Ill" but only because I've been listening to "The Smiths" everyday for the past week.... (overall I'd still say my first ever Smiths' song, "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out")

Favourite album, I'll still have to go with "The Queen is Dead"

As for Morrissey, my favourite track right now is "Now My Heart is Full", but overall it's probably "Everyday is like Sunday"...

Favourite album... still Viva Hate <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
"She said I know you and you cannot sing/I said that's nothing you should hear me play piano"
morrissey

Return to The Smiths