"The Seven Ages of Rock"

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Bouazizi » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:17 pm

OK, this is late notice, because it's already been aired (and repeated) but did anybody see it? The Smiths were shown for around 15 minutes, and it was about how they brought UK music to life etc.

Unfortunately I can't elaborate more because I only JUST found out about it (lol), but heard from a friend.

I pray that someone captured the whole thing on disc? :ph34r: :D
<!--fonto:Verdana--><span style="font-family:Verdana"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->♪ ♫<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->there is a light that never goes out<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bouazizi
Regular

Postby elko » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:43 am

I did watch it, the program was okay, The Smiths section was fairly interesting, although I will give you one guess as to which former Smith didn't partake in interviews.... :rolleyes:

Some nice live clips I hadn't seen before though, and a bit of an insight into what it was like to be a Smith, if a bit diluted for a mainstream audience.

Don't know if it can be found anywhere online yet?
elko
Site Admin

Postby WordsAsOldAsSin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:59 pm

i managed to watch the whole documentary series so i was really looking forward to this one!
I think it was quite good, i wish the smiths bit had lasted longer though, it may be my imagination but i felt that they spent a lot longer on oasis and the stone roses. :/
Love is Natural and Real
But not for such as you and I, my love
WordsAsOldAsSin
Supreme

Postby weasey » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:18 pm

I thought they could have spent a little bit longer on the Smiths too, but to be honest they probably dwelt upon them as long as they did with most bands in the series, I just happen to be inordinately biased. However, there did seem to be a bit of Oasis overkill, maybe I only got this impression because they consulted Noel Gallagher on everything, but then our Noel is an authority on everything....isn't he? Hmm

The thing I liked most about it was the back stage clips of the Smiths. There was some footage of them hanging out of a window, beneath which a horde of screaming fans were stood. I don't know what they were shouting but Johnny told them 'He's celibate girls, he's celibate' to which Mozzer responded 'Shhhhh!'

Twas good, watch it if you like.

Bye
"EDUCATION IN REVERSE"
weasey
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:21 am

weasey wrote:The thing I liked most about it was the back stage clips of the Smiths. There was some footage of them hanging out of a window, beneath which a horde of screaming fans were stood. I don't know what they were shouting but Johnny told them 'He's celibate girls, he's celibate' to which Mozzer responded 'Shhhhh!'

Ha! Thats hilarious!!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby WordsAsOldAsSin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:46 pm

weasey wrote:I thought they could have spent a little bit longer on the Smiths too, but to be honest they probably dwelt upon them as long as they did with most bands in the series, I just happen to be inordinately biased.

I think that may be the case with me too but oh well, it wasnt a bad documentary :)
Love is Natural and Real
But not for such as you and I, my love
WordsAsOldAsSin
Supreme

Return to The Smiths