A new Smiths/Morrissey site

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

A new Smiths/Morrissey site

Postby Still Ill » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:37 am

It's called the The Smiths File Online, http://www.plunderingdesire.com/, info courtesy of m-solo.
Described as a sort of e-book, it's pretty comprehensive and in set in chronological order. Yeah, there are some good Smiths sites on the net already. This one is new and different--a fresh perspective, with lots of articles, reviews and reprinted interviews. Anyone seen this site already?

There are photos on there I've never seen before, including variations of the familiar photo shoots. There's one I've never seen that I like of the group called 'the huddle' (can't find it now!), and probably the most handsome photo of Mike in Appendix B, a close-up nicely shot. Yes, really!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Re: A new Smiths/Morrissey site

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Thanks a lot for that, I will check it out straight away after my forum visit!

There are many Smiths sites already yeah. But few good ones. I still think askmeaskmeaskme.com is the best one, though there's a few other good ones as well. But the majority focus too much on Moz solo IMO, so a new refreshing site also paying attention to the united band is a nice asset. By the way, there are still too few Smiths sites out there. They are one of the all-time greatest bands, but there are more sites on Eminem or Rammstein on the web than the number of Smiths sites :evil: (well, Rammstein aren't that bad, but nothing compared to the Smiths)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:22 pm

This looks great. Really comprehensive - comparable to the The Visual Documentary, I think. I'll try and put a link to our forum on their message board if they'll allow it.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:35 pm

CP, I was surprised when I read your comment about Eminem and Rammstein having more fan sites. Shows how little your own world can be when you follow just a few bands. Just when I think I should be more aware of other types of music out there, not just what I like to hear, I realize my head is buried in the sand!

Ellis, that would be great to get a link to this site, especially with our nice new look. At m-solo, apparently they're noticing how far down the links to other sites they're at, so people are paying attention.

I haven't thought about it for a while, but we need to inject some new life into the general Smiths/Moz threads. Though I realize it's hard to do for a band no longer together...
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Return to The Smiths