Will the Smiths ever reunite??

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Will the Smiths ever reunite??

Postby 1Smiths » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I`m new to this site. I`m sure this topic has been done to death!! But I never really understood why Morrissey and the rest of the lads can`t get together for a one time show!! Of course we all know that it would be amazing!!! Can anyone tell me why they won`t get together? Is there that much of a feud or is just the fact that Morrissey really doesn`t want to rehash the old days?
1Smiths

Re: Will the Smiths ever reunite??

Postby elko » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:16 pm

There is a feud between Morrissey and Rourke & Joyce. Stemming from the court case. There is on paper nothing stopping Morrissey and Marr getting together (I'm pretty sure they have met up a few times down the years), but something is stopping them working together, whether it be pride, fear, or maybe just common sense.
elko
Site Admin

Postby DAVIE » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Morrissey and Marr have apparently met up and chatted, but they insist they are friends and weren't planning on any future projects...They have no plans to reunite because of the court case thing involving Rouke and Joyce (and even Gannon nicked a few quid!)
DAVIE

Postby RollingBeatle » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:19 pm

I read last week that moz and marr stay in touch through e-mail on a weekly basis.
RollingBeatle

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:55 pm

Imagine how bizarre those e-mails are. A lot of the beauty of letters is lost on e-mails, he must hate it!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Nymphetamine » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:14 pm

I shudder at the idea of a Smiths reunion, of course there can be no such reunion without Joyce and Rourke. I hope it never happens, I can't imagine Morrissey waving gladioli around the place with a bright pink shirt on signing about the death of a disco dancer. It would be a disaster if it were to happen.
Nymphetamine
Regular

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:18 am

Well, to be fair, it is extremely unlikely. And no, I can't imagine him going back to his old performance style, he has grown and so has it.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Nymphetamine » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:17 pm

I know, unfortunately I cannot relate to his growth, nor his latest album which is why it would be a total disaster. Lets hope Oasis take note for the future.
Nymphetamine
Regular

Postby garym » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi Guys

Will the Smiths reunite? Well that's all got to do with €$£. Look at Spandau Ballet (a lower grade of music), they were in a similar situation as the Smiths with all the court battles over royalties. They swore they'd never reform. But last year it happened, not the most successful reunion though. The Eagles said hell would freeze over before they got back together, well hell hasn't frozen over they are back together. So when Morrissey & Marr's bank balances drop, a reunion will happen.
garym

Return to The Smiths