Songs You Hate

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Domestique » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Mozzerella+Aug 2 2005, 09:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mozzerella @ Aug 2 2005, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Golden Lights. It's totally annoying. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
True, but you're shooting fish in a barrel there dear! <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:35 pm

I'm not exactly sure what that means but if you're saying that my choice wasn't very original, you're right. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:35 pm

"shooting fish in a barrel" kinda means the same as "stealing candy from a baby"

or as we'd say in our midwestern accent here in kansas: easy pickin's.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:21 pm

Yeah, it obviously means an easy pick. I figured that out later by myself. I guess I was so tired last night that I couldn't think straight anymore. And yes, Golden Lights was an easy pick but that's really the only song I could think of that I really hate.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:27 am

<!--emo&:guitar:-->Image<!--endemo--> ...Oh, my darling, why, why did you change?
I like it, sorry, but I do. I think it`s just different, ha ha.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:23 am

The song Ask makes me want to throttle somebody... I hate that song... a lot. Ever since I heard it I despised it, and I suspect that that will never change.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:00 pm

He-he,
it's my mother's favourite Smiths' song, she claims it's one of the few that don't bring her down...
I usually play Ask to people who have never heard of The Smiths before - as a way not to get them immediately scared, or something - kinda easy-listening-starter-which-is-not-exactly-a-taster. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby madmancmonkey » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:22 pm

not sure about rubbish Smiths tunes. I guess I like em all, even golden lights. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
madmancmonkey
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Pashernate_Lover+Dec 14 2005, 08:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pashernate_Lover @ Dec 14 2005, 08:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The song Ask makes me want to throttle somebody... I hate that song... a lot. Ever since I heard it I despised it, and I suspect that that will never change. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Gasp.

GASP.

That is my most favourite smiths songs ever. It can lift me out of the darkest moods.

I'm still in shock that anyone can hate it.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Chorlton_Ruffian » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:18 pm

Aside from the obvious rubbish, I've never been a big fan of Nowhere Fast, I don't owe you anything, or Please, Please, Please....
<div align="center">Image</div>
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"I would rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths, and that's saying something for a vegetarian."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
Chorlton_Ruffian
Supreme

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:24 pm

I can't remember if i've already posted. The only smiths song I hate is Suffer Little Children. It's boring and Morrissey just repeats himself. I like the sentiments expressed but its just done in such a repetitive, dragged out way.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:52 pm

hey hey soz i havent been on for a while ehem!

songs that dont interest me much : hand that rocks the cradle, reel around the fountain, half a person, that sort of stuff i dont really like

i didnt really like paint a vulgar picture at all for yonks but its starting to grow on me when it come on random on the bus!
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:59 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Chorlton_Ruffian+Dec 14 2005, 07:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chorlton_Ruffian @ Dec 14 2005, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Aside from the obvious rubbish, I've never been a big fan of Nowhere Fast, I don't owe you anything, or Please, Please, Please.... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nowhere Fast- perhaps my favorite Smiths song. Then again, for the odd reason of growing up in a 2000 person town full of farmers with no internet or anything of that nature, I see where it is coming from. Everyone there was poor and needy, and it formed a sort of numbness to that whole situation in general. Anywhom-- just saying, its a damn good song.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:41 pm

The only Smiths song I hate is Meat is Murder. We get the message after the first two minutes why doesit go on so long. It makes me want to bite a live pig in the arse just to spite him!
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:17 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Sweet and Tender Hooligan+Dec 14 2005, 09:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sweet and Tender Hooligan @ Dec 14 2005, 09:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> hey hey soz i havent been on for a while ehem!

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hey, Baz, it's cool to have you back with us here! <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to The Smiths