[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - The Smiths Releases You Own?

The Smiths Releases You Own?

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Asleep » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:23 pm

Just wondered what smiths, either albums or singles you own and on what format.Being 18 i dont have that many but i think ive built up quite an impressive collection.

Tapes:Singles=0 Albums=0

Cds:Singles=1 ,This Charming Man,
Albums=10,The Smiths,Hatfull Of Hollow,Meat Is Murder,The Queen Is Dead,The World Wont Listen,Louder then Bombs,Strangways Here We Come,Rank,The Singles,The Very Best Of.

Vinyls: Singles=5,Heaven Knowas Im Miserable now,That Joke isnt funny anymore,Ask,Shelia Take A Bow,Girl Friend in a Coma.
Albums=4The smiths,Hatfull of hollow,Meat Is Murder,The Queen Is Dead.

Total=20
Last edited by Asleep on Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Oh, I can't help quoting you
Because everything that you said rings true </span>
</span>
Asleep
Advanced

Postby elko » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:54 pm

Tapes: Nowt

CDs: 7 (The Smiths, Hatful Of Hollow, Meat Is Murder, The Queen Is Dead, The World Won't Listen, Strangeways, Rank.)

Vinyl: 6 (The Smiths, Hatful Of Hollow, Meat Is Murder, World Won't Listen, Strangeways, Rank.)

Plus a few CDs of live shows/rare stuff, and the Complete Picture DVD.
Last edited by elko on Fri May 12, 2006 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby tallulahtaurus » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:52 pm

CD's copied:The world won't listen, strangeways, hatful of hollow

legit CD'S: Meat is Murder, The Queen is Dead, Rank, The Smiths

tapes: The smiths

vinyl 12" those in blue I have the 7" too...: <span style='color:blue'>Heaven Knows I'm miserable now</span>, Still Ill, Some Girls are bigger than others, <span style='color:blue'>Shoplifters of the world unite</span>, <span style='color:blue'>William it was really nothing</span>, The Headmaster Ritual, Panic, Casual (smiths interview), <span style='color:blue'>that joke isn't funny anymore</span>, <span style='color:blue'>what difference does it make</span>, <span style='color:blue'>Ask</span>

more 7"s: Hand in glove, Bigmouth strikes again, the boy with the thorn in his side,this chraming man, i started something I couldn't finish, girlfriend in a coma stop me if you think that you've heard this one before......

Brixton 87', Salford 87', Madrid 85', Paris 84' - dates approx all on bootleg DVD numerous other bits of footage on bootleg DVD too thank you ebay!!!

i think thats all... I am a vinyl collector as you can prob see... I think thats it!!
Last edited by tallulahtaurus on Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:07 pm

Tapes- All proper albums and Rank.
CD's - All proper albums, Louder Than Bombs, Peel Sessions 83, Hatful of Hollow
Boots: Girl Afraid, The Final Gig, Thank Your Lucky Stars, Same Day Again.
Some odds and ends off the internet (one of my favorite being the Nowhere Fast rehearsal I posted on File Sharing), on VHS the Complete Picture, Smiths Anthology.
Sadly enough, no vinyl or singles. I stopped buying them years ago. <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->

edit: You guys have quite a collection, and you Tallulahtauras, vinyl-monger. Good for you. (sighs with envy)
Anyone ever thought of displaying them somehow? They make special frames for them.
Last edited by Still Ill on Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:24 pm

Tapes - "Singles"
CDs - The Smiths, meat is murder, the queen is dead, louder than bombs, strangeways

Not many i know (<!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->) but im saving up to go out and get hatful, rank and world wont listen.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Apr 7 2005, 10:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Apr 7 2005, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Tapes - "Singles"
CDs - The Smiths, meat is murder, the queen is dead, louder than bombs, strangeways

Not many i know (<!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->) but im saving up to go out and get hatful, rank and world wont listen. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I would say to get Hatful next, it's just fantastic.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:40 am

tapes - there is a light/ b-side handsome devil (live)
this charming man/ b-side jeane

cd's - the smiths, hatful, MIM, TQID, louder than bombs, strangways, rank, sweet and tender hooligan

videos - complete picture

wow how did you get the headmasters ritual tallulahtaurus? must be very expensive off of ebay!

and how do you get the cool bootlegs is it ebay again! there must be some in charity shops somewhere! and i have been looking.
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby tallulahtaurus » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:35 pm

bootlegs were via ebay indeed!!

i keep looking for smiths stuff in charity shops but reality says that any things that have been donated were sold some time ago... or snapped up by record shops...!!

I got Headmasters via ebay and for cheaper than I've seen others take it for... £10 for a 12" except mine is misprinted so it has the listing for Hatful of Hollow on it - I'm not sure if this makes it more or less valuable

this website is wonderful to check out how good a deal ebay is giving you regarding vinyls people for future reference...

<a href='http://www.musicstack.com/show.cgi' target='_blank'>music stack - see how much they are really worth!!</a>

people just don't know their true value or else they'd never sell them!!

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lesley » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:16 pm

wow, what a question, will get me thinking, ok here goes:

All singles (until those on Strangeways) I have on vinyl, nearly all 7" and lots of 12"

All the albums on vinyl and cd, apart from the World Wont listen

Mozza - not all of them by any means, more of a Smiths fan to be honest!
Lesley

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:10 pm

I have a morrissey interview on vinyl. it's called the smiths casual, and the vinyl is bright blue. I have most of the singles on 45, except for bigmouth and what difference, which are on twelve inch. How soon is now on tape. all of morrisseys quarry singles, and our frank and another single that escaps my mind on tape too.
Last edited by Alabaster Crashes Down on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:15 pm

I have Casual on blue vinyl too... I also have a Panic 12" blue vinyl now.... oooh additions

tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Noonan McKane » Thu May 12, 2005 9:39 pm

I've got the complete works on lovely, mint original issues!

I also have the 4 studio albums plus 'hatful' on Warner Bros. CD's.

(The one, tiny flaw in my collection is my 7" of 'What Diff...', which I was real chuffed with for years, as it was the withdrawn Terence Stamp cover.

I found out a couple of years back, however, that it's a dutch bootleg.
It's quality is superb, though. It's as well pressed and printed as any legit item.)
i shouted out 'who killed the kennedys?' when after all it was you and me
Noonan McKane
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Wed May 18, 2005 9:58 pm

Ah that sucks

A peculiar thing I've noticed is that the Terence Stamp cover is so much easier to get hold of than the Morrissey one....(I got mine for 99p) leading me to think that Moz one is rarer...??

but then I guess its just that people keep hold of the Moz one...??

tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Fri May 27, 2005 6:33 pm

hmm ive just got copied versions of all the albums! all my actually bought cd's are moz, my sister has the smiths ones! oh i have the complete picture video as well
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mrs Shankly » Sat May 28, 2005 10:56 am

Yeah, mainly copies here too... *shameful* To be fair, I'm now up to 21 albums though!

Also the 7" of 'Sheila Take A Bow", some of the Troy Tate sessions, Morrissey live in Dallas dvd, Morrissey the jewel in the crown dvd, The Smiths: the songs that saved your life book, Morrissey: scandal and passion book, Morrissey's Manchester book, several covers compilation albums by various artists, live clips, interviews, recorded tape of Moz's Jools Holland appearance, shared dvd of Who put the M in Manchester (thanks Charming_Girl <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> ), 2 tshirts (one made by my own self), poster of The Smiths backstage at Glasto '84. I'm on the look out for more Smiths/Moz inspired books...

Ok, I'm gonna run and hide now
And if you have five seconds to spare, then I'll tell you the story of my life
Mrs Shankly

Next

Return to The Smiths