[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Favourite Smiths B-side, anyone?

Favourite Smiths B-side, anyone?

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby fieldingmellish » Sat May 22, 2004 2:02 am

I'd have to go for "Half A Person," which is better than the A-side it accompanied, in my view, "Shoplifters Of The World Unite."
fieldingmellish

Postby elko » Sat May 22, 2004 10:09 am

I love almost every Smiths B-Side, for me the mark of a great band is how good their b-sides are.
If forced to pick one I would probably choose Jeane, or possibly Sweet And Tender Hooligan.
No, actually, it's definatley Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want.
But remember, How Soon Is Now? was also a b-side, and that ain't bad.

I really don't know.

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby alabaster » Tue May 25, 2004 8:51 am

the troy tate version of pretty girls make graves or the john peel version of rusholme ruffians.
alabaster

Postby mazzy » Thu May 27, 2004 10:47 am

Jeane, I adore it.
I wanna die on a sunny day
mazzy
Regular

Postby elko » Fri May 28, 2004 2:46 pm

Oh, I forgot Rubber Ring <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

Great lyrics.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:40 am

Favorite b-side, Jeane. But that's today. Remember how the Smiths were determined to put b-sides worthy of singles themselves!

[QUOTE] Agreed! (Never tried the 'quote' key, hope it works.)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:42 am

er... didn't work. I was referring to fieldingmellish's comment about 'Half A Person'. Guess I'll try reading the guides first.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:54 am

The Quote feature works by Copy Pasting, so I'd press the Quote thing, then paste the quote, then end the quote, like this:
<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> er... didn't work. I was referring to fieldingmellish's comment about 'Half A Person'. Guess I'll try reading the guides first.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Or you can quote a better way by using the Quote button next to the original post (on the right) if that makes sense.

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby Mal_Adjusted » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:34 pm

For Non-Album bsides it is 'Jeane'
but 'Back To The Old House' was once a bside so that is the one
Mal_Adjusted
Advanced

Postby atomium » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:39 pm

atomium
Supreme

Return to The Smiths