Songs That Saved Your Life

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby reclamation » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:54 am

<!--QuoteBegin-tallulahtaurus+Jan 9 2005, 10:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tallulahtaurus @ Jan 9 2005, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Aaah snap Reclamation I have all those books too although personally I don't think that that much Smiths and Morrissey can ever be considered too much, in fact I am trying to gain more with ebays help (fingers crossed) the insight from The Severed Alliance in paticular are just invaluable!! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh no, there's no such thing as too much Smiths/Morrissey. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> & Ebay is always wonderful, although I spend far too much on there as it is. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
[size=1]Slytherin pride/size]
reclamation
Supreme

Postby girl_afraid » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-tallulahtaurus+Jan 9 2005, 10:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tallulahtaurus @ Jan 9 2005, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Girl Afraid and Elko did you actually get copies? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Severed Alliance? Yeah, I got it for Christmas, I'm reading it at the moment. Well, obviously not at this very moment, but you know what I mean! It's so interesting, I love it, but I've almost finished it... It's one of those books where you don't want to finish it because then it'll be over but you can't really stop reading! There is just so much detail, it's great. Like, I never knew Morrissey went back to college after he left St Mary's! Haha, I've been boring all my friends to death with my interesting (to me, anyway) new-found Moz facts. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby Noonan McKane » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:15 am

I can't believe you've got Mick Middles' book, Reclamation. I thought that had long since been consigned to the dustbin of history.

Or 'eBay', as it's now known. Is that where you got it from?
i shouted out 'who killed the kennedys?' when after all it was you and me
Noonan McKane
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:47 pm

I hear that Reclamation, I spend far too much on ebay as well - it's the fact that I've got so much uni work to do in front of the computer and naturally I end up just looking... <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

Glad you bagged yourself a copy Girl Afraid, I felt like that too, I didn't want it to end either, I knew nothing about the Smiths really when I read it so it was all new to me... I chose to bore my mum with it all - she at least feigns interest... sometimes. Ah the joy of all those new facts, I try to reclaim that feeling by rereading it but it's just not the same, something like heroin compared to methadone... or something...what a crap analogy!!! <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby girl_afraid » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:57 pm

Ha, yeah, my friends generally listen and then go "Wow." (that was sarcastic, typing doesn't really do tones of voice...) or one friend decided to take my interesting snippet completely the wrong way and use it to argue that Morrissey was a slut. <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo-->

I keep seeing some really good Smiths books on eBay but they usually end up going for more than I can afford, especially since my friend has just decided we're going up to London to see a show in half term and I need to get saving for that... <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby reclamation » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:41 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Noonan McKane+Jan 11 2005, 12:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Noonan McKane @ Jan 11 2005, 12:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I can't believe you've got Mick Middles' book, Reclamation. I thought that had long since been consigned to the dustbin of history.

Or 'eBay', as it's now known. Is that where you got it from? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I know a guy who owned a second hand record shop in my hometown [Hot Rats in Sunderland, plug plug for anyone who's ever in the area. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->], I did my work experience there & he & everyone who worked there knew how much I loved The Smiths. Anyway, I got the book from his shop, I think it belonged to one of the guys who worked there.
[size=1]Slytherin pride/size]
reclamation
Supreme

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:11 pm

I got the songs that saved your life book for a fiver in HMV, bargain!
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:48 pm

Yeah that's how much and paid for my songs that saved your life and I got mine from HMV too all smiths fans must own a copy of that book in particular it is indispensible!!
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to The Smiths