[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - What's your favourite Album Cover?

What's your favourite Album Cover?

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby robin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-clarky+Jul 30 2005, 02:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clarky @ Jul 30 2005, 02:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> hmm...id probably say meat is murder, just the picture of the soldier reminds me how forceful some vegetarians can be <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Way to misinterpret that cover dude!

<a href='http://www.myspace.com/istillcare' target='_blank'>http://www.myspace.com/istillcare</a>
robin

Postby helmoz » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:27 pm

i was looking through my friend's vinyl collection when i found his smiths records, the cover of his vinyl of "the world won't listen" was a bit different to the cd cover, it was the whole picture instead of focusing on 1 person, plus u could actually see the album's title properly. i like that cover, more than the cd cover. also their other covers are cool.

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby robin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-helmoz+Jan 22 2006, 10:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (helmoz @ Jan 22 2006, 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i was looking through my friend's vinyl collection when i found his smiths records, the cover of his vinyl of "the world won't listen" was a bit different to the cd cover, it was the whole picture instead of focusing on 1 person, plus u could actually see the album's title properly. i like that cover, more than the cd cover. also their other covers are cool. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Morrissey actually said he hates the versions where you can only see the face of that one person, I want to see the big version does anyone have it?

<a href='http://www.myspace.com/istillcare' target='_blank'>http://www.myspace.com/istillcare</a>
robin

Postby elko » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-robin+Jan 22 2006, 10:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (robin @ Jan 22 2006, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-helmoz+Jan 22 2006, 10:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (helmoz @ Jan 22 2006, 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i was looking through my friend's vinyl collection when i found his smiths records, the cover of his vinyl of "the world won't listen" was a bit different to the cd cover, it was the whole picture instead of focusing on 1 person, plus u could actually see the album's title properly. i like that cover, more than the cd cover. also their other covers are cool. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Morrissey actually said he hates the versions where you can only see the face of that one person, I want to see the big version does anyone have it? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yup <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

And lovely it is.

Last edited by elko on Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:06 am

as much as i like the music the covers dont interest me at all, i think they are boring
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby carolyns_fingers » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:06 am

The Billie Whitelaw cover of "William" was always a favorite of mine.....
carolyns_fingers
Regular

Postby protest singer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:55 am

Louder Than Bombs is my favorite cover. Image

I can't say why exactly but I just felt that it represented the fans and the characters in the songs. I always think of the girl on the cover as "Sheila" from "Sheila, Take A Bow". <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

I also really like that monochrome look. It was used a few times but to me it was done best here.

This is a good site for covers.<a href='http://www.morrisseymadness.co.uk/' target='_blank'>Morrissey Madness</a>
Last edited by protest singer on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
protest singer

Postby Rodchenko » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:21 pm

I'd probably say The Queen is Dead. The melancholy is just out of this world on that particular cover... Alain Delon is beautiful.
This charming man surely grabs hold of the number one-singlescover spot.
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby bernie brown » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:32 am

Hey protest singer - you are right on the money with Louder than Bombs - did you know the cover star is Shelagh Delaney - a Manchester playwrite who inspired Moz heaps ? Simon Goddard in "Songs that saved your life" reckons Sheila take a Bow is a tribute to Shelagh Delaney. Your hunch is spot on.

louder than bombs is my favourite too...but CDs wreck the overall impression of the cover because of course the album opened out so back and front were one picture.
the only Smiths fan in the village
bernie brown
Advanced

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Rodchenko+Jan 24 2006, 03:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodchenko @ Jan 24 2006, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'd probably say The Queen is Dead. The melancholy is just out of this world on that particular cover... Alain Delon is beautiful.
This charming man surely grabs hold of the number one-singlescover spot. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
i must agree with both of those choices! though i love the shiela takes a bow single cover.
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Liger » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:29 am

My favourite cover is the singles album with Diana Dors on it- i google image searched Diana the other day and i was really surprised at how different she looks from the cover shot- she is all red lips and posing- whereas that cover picutre is quite different, so that just makes me like it more.
Liger
Regular

Postby Baggy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:41 am

Has to be the artwork on The Queen Is Dead, theres just something about that album which says perfection
Baggy

Postby larryj2000 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:15 pm

I like Yootha Joyce on the 12" version of Ask.........pretty damn cool.......
larryj2000

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:40 pm

I like the first album's cover. Joe Dallesandro's chest is just perfect.
<a href='http://www.joedallesandro.com' target='_blank'>The Official Website for Warhol film superstar Joe Dallesandro</a>
Last edited by Holly Golightly on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holly Golightly

Postby Xuu » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:28 pm

Self-titled

The man reminds me of myself...i feel very lonely and isolated at night...i can't imagine life without that album...
Xuu
Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to The Smiths