Boxset

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Ryan. » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:33 am

i just read about this last night. has there been any more word regarding it?
<span style='color:gray'>we're a virus with shoes, okay? that's all we are.

> <a href='http://www.toolcollector.net/' target='_blank'>www.toolcollector.net</a></span>
Ryan.
Advanced

Postby Still Ill » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:08 am

I haven't, have you Grim? Hello. :)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:23 pm

Still Ill wrote:I haven't, have you Grim? Hello. :)

nope SI, where did ya read it Ry? Or did you mean you just read about it here?

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ryan. » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:50 am

i read about it in a previous update here:

<a href="http://www.krix-s.de/mozstart.htm" target="_blank">http://www.krix-s.de/mozstart.htm</a>

this relatively recent post also made me happy:

<span style='color:gray'>we're a virus with shoes, okay? that's all we are.

> <a href='http://www.toolcollector.net/' target='_blank'>www.toolcollector.net</a></span>
Ryan.
Advanced

Postby convergence » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:56 pm

There was talk of a smiths rarities album, not a full fledged box set. I guess there's a 10 minute version of the queen is dead out there....
convergence
Advanced

Postby Domestique » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:07 pm

convergence wrote:There was talk of a smiths rarities album, not a full fledged box set. I guess there's a 10 minute version of the queen is dead out there....

Indeed there is; well, 8 minutes anyway. It's just a continuation of the one on the album, which was faded after six and a half. Perhaps the contrary sods will just release the extra two minutes on their own :rolleyes:
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby stanyewest » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:00 am

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Re-issue ! Re-package ! Re-package !
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
Extra Track (and a tacky badge) <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Springs to mind
most people gaze not into the future or the past;they explore neither truth nor lies. they gaze at the TV.
stanyewest
Supreme

Postby HandsomeDevil » Tue May 16, 2006 12:04 am

I've heard Morrissey may choose the artwork for the box-set, as we all know he hated the cover for The Very Best Of...
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby convergence » Tue May 16, 2006 7:16 pm

is this actually happening?!? :o
convergence
Advanced

Postby elko » Tue May 16, 2006 8:56 pm

convergence wrote:is this actually happening?!? :o

Well, this article is almost a year old now, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be true still:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Marr renews Universal Publishing deal
20 July 2005 - 13:52:08

Johnny Marr has renewed a global deal with Universal Music Publishing ahead of a planned Smiths boxed-set in 2006.

The long-term deal covers all of Marr’s output with the seminal Eighties band plus material since he split, with the exception of songs he wrote as part of Electronic. Marr, who has been with the publisher’s UK company since 2001, has just put a new band together and is presently in a studio rehearsing ahead of recording new material.

Meanwhile, a Smiths boxed-set due out next year through Warner is expected to be accompanied by a new best of album, the first since 2001’s The Very Best Of The Smiths.

Universal Music Publishing UK managing director and Europe executive vice president Paul Connolly says, “The Smiths were and continue to be one of the most important British bands of all time. We are proud to play our small part in the continuance of that great legacy.â€
elko
Site Admin

Postby HandsomeDevil » Tue May 16, 2006 10:13 pm

Andy Rourke has also mentioned the box-set somewhere.
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby Still Ill » Tue May 16, 2006 11:15 pm

HandsomeDevil wrote:Andy Rourke has also mentioned the box-set somewhere.

I think it's the interview he gave for Bass Player magazine a couple of months back-- he mentioned it's slated for release in December. So now we know it's not happening as soon as first mentioned. In time for Christmas, hopefully, but I doubt it!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Wed May 17, 2006 12:45 am

regardless of when it comes out, at least it will be out. i might not be the only one purchasing it.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed May 17, 2006 6:07 am

If there's nothing new in it, then I am not really interested.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 pm

Truman Capote wrote:If there's nothing new in it, then I am not really interested.

I second that opinion: reissue,repackage,repackage
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to The Smiths